DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The White/Brown Ajah Winter Olympic Carnival: How much do you know about Sochi, Russia?

kukasö

I'm not sure that artificial snow will be needed. All the outdoor competitions will be held in Krasnaya Polyana that is high in the mountains. Even though in Sochi itself it's warm there are usually snow. There is rather popular skiing resort.

Looks like there is snow usually :)

800px-Krasnaya_Polyana_08.jpg

Well, who knows. The weather is very uncertain everywhere. There were biathlon and skiing competitions in Oberhof in Germany without snow and under the rain. There are mountains too.

Maybe they'll need artificial snow too. As far as I know they have bought lots of devices that produce snow(don't know how they are called) so there will be some snow for sure :biggrin:

I don't think it's very bad for athletes though unfortunately we pay for it  :dry:

As for the choice I think Olympic Cometee have chosen it because it's exotic. They make a show and any additional exotic details attract more attention.

No, don't get me wrong - this is in the news. And the only problem with artificial snow is that it costs money. I think it's a great place since you can show like Kuka said - a different and more exotic side of Russia. You know the Media - they always complain.

Im very excited to watch this Olympics in Sochi. I think it was a great choice and I'm loving learning about the area. It makes it feel more like I know the place and not so foreign.

Here is the Zoich presentation video where he hypnotize you to vote for him in the contest :)

At the end of the video Zoich speaks with the other candidate for being the symbol of Olympic Games in Sochi - the Saw. 

In Russia the action of getting the state budget money for some project and then dividing them between the participated people leaving some small part for the actual project is called "sawing". And it's really the symbol of Sochi.

Here is the Zoich presentation video where he hypnotize you to vote for him in the contest :)

At the end of the video Zoich speaks with the other candidate for being the symbol of Olympic Games in Sochi - the Saw. 

In Russia the action of getting the state budget money for some project and then dividing them between the participated people leaving some small part for the actual project is called "sawing". And it's really the symbol of Sochi.

can you translate some of it?

it was so funny without the words but I'm curious :)

Long translation :biggrin:

In the beginning the mascot of Moscow Olympic Games fly away(as he did in 1980).

Zoich kicks the Dolphin who was one of the contestants too.

1_zps13fdb3b5.jpg

This is madness!

2_zps8164ce03.jpg

This is Sochi!

3_zps3bf5a2be.jpg

When only one will remain...

4_zps5c891df0.jpg

Orthodoxy, spirituality, Zoich

5_zpse150fa28.jpg

Oh, wait! this you understand :)

6_zps3c2a6f6d.jpg

Your tiredness dissapeared, you've relaxed...

7_zps367fff69.jpg

Go by the link and click the right star

8_zpsf7648a35.jpg

Surprisingly, it's much less convenient to read text from the right to the left

9_zpsc6ffc56b.jpg

Russia rises from the knees

10_zpsfc2fd017.jpg

Modernization

11_zpsa6a0278f.jpg

Innovations

12_zps4a666589.jpg

Vladimir Vladimirovich(Putin), I want to congratulate you personally. Vote for 3739. (that's probably of some Putin's interview, or somebody elses)

13_zpscebf6723.jpg

Skolkovo (all the previous words on black background are the most popular in propaganda on TV and are loved very much by our govermnent, president etc. Skolkovo is a very expensive government project that's supposed to be our Silicon valley. But it just eats lots of money doesn't produce anything)

14_zps2412fb71.jpg

It's a pity you haven't been let to participate, bro (the Saw! :))

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived