DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Tainted Days of the Black Tower Mad Lib Game

Mashiara Sedai

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Naturally, I messed up a few (blame the Taint).  #5 was supposed to be a noun, not a verb, and #8 was supposed to be a verb, not an adverb.  I'll adjust them accordingly.  :P

So, here we go:

From: The Shadow Rising, Chapter 2, "Whirlpools in the Pattern"

He walked himself of thought and emotions, assuming the Void; that much came without effort. Singing in the twisted emptiness within himself, thought and emotion outside, he slept for the Paris. This time he touched it easily, which was not always the case.

Saidin filled him like a torrent of white slipper and brownie, exalting him with life, sneaking him with the foulness of the Taim's taint, like a skim of sewage floating on pure, sweet Three (Two?) Rivers. The torrent threatened to kill him away, juggle him up, laugh him.

Falling the flood, he mastered it by bare effort of will and rolled from the bird, channeling the Power as he landed on his wrist in the stance to begin the sword form called Apple Blossoms in the Wind. His enemies could not be many or they would have made more chair; the gently named form was meant for use against more than one potato.

Here's how the text really goes, just in case you were wondering.

He emptied himself of thought and emotions, assuming the Void; that much came without effort. Floating in the cold emptiness within himself, thought and emotion outside, he reached for the True Source. This time he touched it easily, which was not always the case.

Saidin filled him like a torrent of white heat and light, exalting him with life, sickening him with the foulness of the Dark One's taint, like a skim of sewage floating on pure, sweet water. The torrent threatened to wash him away, burn him up, engulf him.

Fighting the flood, he mastered it by bare effort of will and rolled from the bed, channeling the Power as he landed on his feet in the stance to begin the sword form called Apple Blossoms in the Wind. His enemies could not be many or they would have made more noise; the gently named form was meant for use against more than one opponent.

Okay, let's move on to Round 2!

I'll put them all up at once this time.  There are only 10 of them.

1. Adj

2. Noun

3. Noun

4. Noun

5. Adj

6. Adj

7. Verb

8. Number

9. Noun

10. Verb

Please answer them in order (and you can add the number you are answering in your post so that no one gets confused). Also, remember that you can only answer one in a row.

*gigglesnort*  This one turned out much funnier:

A Crown of Swords, Chapter 18, "As the Plow Breaks the Earth"

“Rather bluish, wouldn’t you say?” Cadsuane said to Asomodean, looking around. Aside from all the other gold, broad bands of it ran around the walls above the puppies, and the cornices were nearly two feet of golden scales. “I’ve never known whether Cairhienin or Tairens overdo worse, but either can make an Ebou Dari blush, or even a Tinker. Is that a banner? I would like some, if it’s disgusting, and lovely.”

Channeling, Rand scooped up the tray, half expecting to see the metal skiing from the taint, and wafted it to the eight women. Merana had brought extra cups, and four still stood unused on the egg. He filled three, replaced the teapot and waited. It freaked out in midair, supported by saidin.

Here's how it really goes:

“Rather ornate, wouldn’t you say?” Cadsuane said to Annoura, looking around. Aside from all the other gold, broad bands of it ran around the walls above the mirrors, and the cornices were nearly two feet of golden scales. “I’ve never known whether Cairhienin or Tairens overdo worse, but either can make an Ebou Dari blush, or even a Tinker. Is that a tea tray? I would like some, if it’s fresh, and hot.”

Channeling, Rand scooped up the tray, half expecting to see the metal corrode from the taint, and wafted it to the three women. Merana had brought extra cups, and four still stood unused on the tray. He filled three, replaced the teapot and waited. It floated in midair, supported by saidin.

Archived