DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Waking Dead Seaon 4

SBoydW

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always loved Herschel's character, but then again, I also really liked Dale. And both of them have seemed to serve the purpose of the group's moral compass, insisting that they try to retain their humanity. Which is kinda the main point of the show imo, whether or not you can still retain reason and humanity after the outbreak.

Yeah...I'm confused about the zombies for several reasons. Seriously, you have a huge mass of them gathering outside. So what do they do? Try to avoid killing zombies (Rick, Carl, Hershel). WHY!!!!!! Why not kill every single zombie you come across, so the apocalypse ends sooner! And why don't they have every single member of the group at the fence every hour of the day, killing the zombies? WHY!!!!! This is just...so frustratingly dumb.

And then there's the fact that new zombies keep turning up with the bloody eye sockets. So...where were all these newly-dead people before they were dead? Why didn't they bump into Rick's group, or join Woodbury?

And I still say Carol's actions were out of character. A) She's been learning from Hershel, so she should know not to go near people infected with a deadly disease. Would be better to wait until they actually died, so you don't get blood squirting everywhere. B) As far as I'm concerned, you don't develop a "survival at any cost" attitude once you've lost everything. There's just no point then. If you're going to go that way then you'll do it when you have something precious to protect. Like a daughter. But even if she is suddenly hard enough to murder people then why didn't she kill everyone else who got ill?

Yeah...I'm confused about the zombies for several reasons. Seriously, you have a huge mass of them gathering outside. So what do they do? Try to avoid killing zombies (Rick, Carl, Hershel). WHY!!!!!! Why not kill every single zombie you come across, so the apocalypse ends sooner! And why don't they have every single member of the group at the fence every hour of the day, killing the zombies? WHY!!!!! This is just...so frustratingly dumb.

And then there's the fact that new zombies keep turning up with the bloody eye sockets. So...where were all these newly-dead people before they were dead? Why didn't they bump into Rick's group, or join Woodbury?

And I still say Carol's actions were out of character. A) She's been learning from Hershel, so she should know not to go near people infected with a deadly disease. Would be better to wait until they actually died, so you don't get blood squirting everywhere. B) As far as I'm concerned, you don't develop a "survival at any cost" attitude once you've lost everything. There's just no point then. If you're going to go that way then you'll do it when you have something precious to protect. Like a daughter. But even if she is suddenly hard enough to murder people then why didn't she kill everyone else who got ill?

She only killed the first two in an attempt to keep the disease from spreading, once it had spread it would be silly to go around killing all the others after they were quarantined, especially since a group had left for medicine.

And people often go hard after traumatic loses making "survival st any cost" much more plausible since they don't are anymore and lose a lot of their inhibitions. They don't always crumble into a sobbing heap. Look at the governor for example, what he did after Michonne whacked his walker daughter. Went nuts and turned into a mass murderer.  Carol didn't harden to that extent (at least not yet) but what she did was completely believable to me.

Also this last episode was great. I was wondering how they would explain the Governors absence for all this time.

I think there's a fine line between what's "silly" and what isn't. I mean...if you believe that the illness spreads so aggressively that you need to kill the people already infected then what about the chap that Karen was spending all her time with? What about Carl, who was hanging around Patrick a couple of hours before he died? They weren't even quarantined. And why did Carol herself go near them, then go and be around the rest of the group? For all she knew she could have been infected, and could have been passing it around. THAT is pretty silly, IMO.

And I'm not saying that I expected her to crumble into a sobbing heap. In fact, I'd expect her to become harder and more aggressive in some respects. But I'd also expect her to care less, to be less concerned about her own survival. I'd even expect part of her to welcome death.

WOW

Ok so the episode wasn't perfect and some of the acting was really meh

And I'm SO MAD they revitalized Hershel's character just to kill him off

And where the hell was Michonne?? She totally just left Rick to die basically

But omg that was absolutely the most emotional episode Walking Dead has ever had

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived