DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week] Quidditch Match - Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff!!

Leala Sedai

• Community Administrator

From Harry Potter Lexicon--a site I'm sure we can all agree is accurate.

Parselmouth

The ability to speak the language of snakes and to command them is extremely rare. See Parselmouth.

And

Parseltongue is the language of snakes; to a human who cannot speak it, it sounds like hissing without taking a breath (GF1). A speaker of Parseltongue is referred to as a Parselmouth (CS11).

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

huh.

i stand corrected then.   i always took the context in canon as Parselmouth being the verb to describe the person with the ability.  while the ability itself was called Parseltongue.

• Community Administrator

I thought it was going to be a trick question, you know, that one describes the ability and the other the language. So I thought real hard about which was used in which context. Without the actual quote, I remember Ron saying:

"You're a Parselmouth? You can talk to snakes?"

Then Harry says, "You heard me."

Ron says, "I heard you speaking Parseltongue, snake language."

So, I was happy I got the right one. That's why I was sad it was called incorrect.

Also, we Whites are naturally argumentative. :P

your gonna make me dig back up CoS  :laugh:  

i'm due for a re-read of the series anyways and Jim Dale does wonderfull narrorating the series :happy:  i'll have to load the missing CD's onto my iPod that the blasted thing deleted from OoTP and listen to them after Potter Week is done  ^_^

bludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludger

quaffle quaffle

bludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludgerbludger

quaffle quaffle

SNITCH!  A SNITCH, OOH IT'S A SNITCH!

CORRECT!  The quaffle is again on its way to the Gryffindor goal post. **I'm going to keep the unanswered question open, because I'm exhausted.**

To intercept and hit the quaffle toward the Hufflepuff goal post again, answer this question:

How many presents did Dudley receive for his eleventh birthday?

To hit the quaffle toward the Gryffindor goal post again, answer this question:

What is the spell to summon the Dark Mark?

Can I answer this since Hufflepuff attempted to hit the quaffle again?

*snort*

is that all you Gryffinbores can do?  blame Slytherin when things dont go ya'lls way.

our Beaters and Chaser are the BOOM!   dont be hatin cause they be the greatest ever in the history of hogwarts quidditch.

no worries Womb,  the snitch is bound to show up, and cathcing the snitch doesn't always win the game.

there was that one time where Harry cought the Snitch, but they didn't have enough points to win  *grins*

Archived