DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who

Lanthirrhos

Thanks Mr Ares for reminding me about Torchwood. I completely forgot :blush:  Fair enough that he didn't want to continue with what was goin on in his personal life.

What I really want from the show is for them to bring back the old theme music. It was so delightfully creepy. Used to watch reruns of the old show when I was a kid and everytime the music comes on my brother would dive under the cover, he was so scared by the music. Good times. It doesn't matter how shonky the set was when the music comes on I used to get such thrill that the monster seems twice as scary. So I really want the old track back. I'm feeling nostalgic.

I quite liked Matt Smith as the Doctor and will be sad to see him leave the role so early, but the majority of the scripts were somewhat lacking and sometimes cringe-worthy.  

The shining lights in Matt Smiths tenure for me were The Eleventh Hour, Lets Kill Hitler, The Girl Who Waited, the Rebel Flesh/The Almost People, Nightmare in Silver and my absolute heart wrenching favourite, Vincent and The Doctor.

I am hope to see at least a full season covering the Time War with an increasingly dark Doctor, Battle Tardises, the Nightmare Child and so forth.

That would be similar to making a book about the breaking of the world, I fear: we already know what happens.

We do, but I'd like the details and the visuals!   I believe this may be the intent with the introduction of John Hurt at the end of this season.

That would be similar to making a book about the breaking of the world, I fear: we already know what happens.

We do, but I'd like the details and the visuals!   I believe this may be the intent with the introduction of John Hurt at the end of this season.

Agreed. Would love to see that. It's all about the journey, not the destination.

I think I have a different feel for the Doctor to you guys. I thought that a lot of Matt Smith's wacky behaviour really suited the 1000+ year old mad man with a box. When I think of the Doctor, at the moment I immediately think of Matt Smith. *shrug* I also really liked Clara, and am looking forward to whatever they come up with next.

I'd like some weight brought back into the character (*cough*Davies*Cough*). Davies wrote Tennant really well. Moffat made Matt into a shouting gag-reel. I'm hoping a new Doctor will bring us back to having a decently written Doctor. :P

That's because they went back to the original Who style which is/was/and always be utter bollocks

Who for my money is the next doctor - not necessarily the "12th doctor"

I can't help but feel than any attempt to depict the Time War on screen would only end up being a disappointment. It's easy enough to toss out names like the Nightmare Child, or the Could-Have-Been King, or to mention the atrocities - untold lives ending, and then being brought back to die over and over. But how the hell do you bring it to the screen in a satisfactory way? Well, you can't.

• Community Administrator

Well we know two things from the last episode.

1.  That the next incarnation, maybe the last. (note, that he visited his grave and we know that he made his last stand there... It could be the next incarnation, or the one after, ect.)

2. We know that sometime, in his past, there was an bad doctor, that he refused  to call the doctor. This could be... Before the time-war, and  his first incarnation, or it could be sometime in the middle.... Might even be related  to his death... (doctor kills doctor?)

Well we know two things from the last episode.

1.  That the next incarnation, maybe the last. (note, that he visited his grave and we know that he made his last stand there... It could be the next incarnation, or the one after, ect.)

2. We know that sometime, in his past, there was an bad doctor, that he refused  to call the doctor. This could be... Before the time-war, and  his first incarnation, or it could be sometime in the middle.... Might even be related  to his death... (doctor kills doctor?)

Well, if they stick to canon, the next incarnation could be the Valeyard.  The Valeyard tried to have Colin Baker executed in "Trial of a Timelord." and in The Name of the Doctor, the Great Intelligence referred to the Valeyard as one of the Doctor's other names, so this suggests they intend to stick to cannon.  HOW the Great Intelligence knows about a future incarnation of the Doctor is beyond me, though.

Maybe Matt Smith will kill the Valeyard in the Christmas special or the 50th?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Nightmare Child was done in the Fourth Doctor era. I remember it very well, as it also had Omega in it to. When the Timelords and Daleks first come to blows. Then the Timelords flee when Davros appears. Davros tried to kill the whole of creation, but Omega intervened and restricted the damage to just that solar system.

Archived