DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which Final Fantasy game was our favorite and why?

Luciena

1560Final_Fantasy_VII_Advent_Childr.jpg

Most of the people taking part have an idea about the game as they have played it over the years. Personally I have never played it and I would appreciate to hear which ones are your favorites and why. 

Looking forward to reading your opinions

Luci

As far as I can tell from the other fans I have spoken with, our favorites tend to be the first one we ever played, that got us hooked on the series. My first was VII, so there you go.

That being said, I'll be the first to admit that VII wasn't the best FF, just my favorite. If I had to pick, I'd say Tactics or VI is the best. IV was also really good and had my favorite character, Cecil.

I've played 7, 8, and 9 for the playstation. Also 3 and 4 for the Nintendo DS and some of tactics. I love 7 through 9 and the DS games were decent. I need to play them again to get a better idea of the story. If I had to pick one I would choose 8 as my fav with 7 as a close second and 9 not far behind that.

It's X hands down for me. While I do have other favorites, X is a complete masterpiece, a work of art. Everything was just perfect in that game, except a certain side quest that will go unnamed. 

It's X hands down for me. While I do have other favorites, X is a complete masterpiece, a work of art. Everything was just perfect in that game, except a certain side quest that will go unnamed.

Blitzball was made of win, you must be talking about Lightning Dodging.

Ugh I hated both! stupid Blitzball!

#@!* that game.

X was my favourite too. A lot of people disliked Tidus as a character but I thought he was pretty badass. Storyline and soundtrack were top knotch. Only problem with it was that once you had the necessary stats/equipment, bosses became a walk in the park.

As far as villains go though, Kefka was the ultimate boss.

No, niether. There's a glitch in the game that makes lightning dodging easy, and I love blitzball. Birds, balloons, chocobos. 

Blitzball was awesome. Oddly I never had any problem at all with chocobo race. I managed to get under 0 seconds really easely. Which is weird because I've heard that a lot of people had a hard time with it.

However, I hated the butterfly game.

Go to gamefaqs.com, they have a map of Macalania Forset uploaded there detailing the route to take to get all the butterflies, once you have it, it's really easy to get them all.

And contrary to popular belief, you can get in fights while collecting the butterflies and still win. Touchinh the wrong ones won't keep you from getting the Saturn Sigil.

What was really annoying is the last butterfly one of the maps is right next to the exit. So I actually managed to win the game but leave the damn map, meaning I had to win it again. Very irritating.

Turning the sound off while you're dodging the thunder helps, and obviously having no encounters so you don't get into fights. Once that's done it's just a matter of patience and concentration.

I had NO problem with the butterflies at all lol. I have a confession to make though. THE ONLY instance of gamer rage I have EVER had was the g-damned lightning! Sweet mother of heaven O broke my controller HEAVING it at the floor when I made it to 199 3 TIMES IN G-DAMNED ROW and got struck. Holy sweet jebus I'm gettin keyed up over just the bloody memory of it hahahahaha.

Blitzball was awesome but it took me a while to get the hang of. And i cheated with the strategy guide on who to recruit and who not. The thing that bugged me the most about ten was how linear it was. there was no exploration. The story was the best I think though.

Musically I have to go with 9 though. That was awesome. Oh man! I remember gettin all emotional when the ship with all the black mages was destroyed and they started falling from the sky. hahaha IT WAS SAD! DON'T JUDGE ME! And you can't forget the village of dwarves! The scripting for thos lil buggers had me laughing hysterically! Every time i went into the place I had to talk to EVERY SINGLE DWARF just to read about 'the pinty hets!!'.

Side quests I am all about the cards. They looked so COOL. In 8 and 9 both. Don't think I ever finished collecting them all in either game though.

My all time fav has to be a tie between 3 and 4. I loved how cheesey 3 was and it was the first on the SNES. 4 though, that story was awesome, there was actual good guy death in it and it was the first time i remember finding alternate characters. I never got the golem from the auction house though.There was a Moogle (that you can see i am an obvious fan of hahaha), a yeti, I think there was something else. I remember spending DAYS trying to find a way to revive the General in the green coat that dies. that was awesome. And Kefka WAS awesome. I would put him above Sephiroth for sure.

I had NO problem with the butterflies at all lol. I have a confession to make though. THE ONLY instance of gamer rage I have EVER had was the g-damned lightning! Sweet mother of heaven O broke my controller HEAVING it at the floor when I made it to 199 3 TIMES IN G-DAMNED ROW and got struck. Holy sweet jebus I'm gettin keyed up over just the bloody memory of it hahahahaha.

*laughs* You should just send me your memory card when you want that done and I'll do it and send it back. I'm a pro at the lightening. You can do the butterflies for me. *G* I already told Kae I would do that for her because she has the same problem. Although like you she can do the butterflies. Although now I have a map so we'll see if it works out better for me. *G*

Archived