DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cuen'd'eren's Final Fantasy: How we started playing FF

Izabella

ff1-logo_zpsb2d60361.jpg

How we started playing Final Fantasy

So we want to know how everyone started playing, were you in the game store and wanted a cool RP game? Or Perhaps at a friends house when they were playing and you just got sucked it to the awesomeness. 

We could love to know!!

I was staying with a friend while she was recovering from foot surgery, she was playing FFVIII I watched her spend most of her time "drawing" and got a bit annoyed with that system. She let me play FFIX and then I was hooked. I LOVE nine! Then she played X and lets just say I got even more hooked. Nine and X hold special places in my heart. I love the music the characters, everything. I grew to like FFVII but it's not my "fave" game by any means. Although I will eventually cosplay as Tifa from said game. *laughs*

It seems VIII is a popular entry point here. Same for me, though I was watching my dad play and I just enjoyed reading the strategy guide. To this day,I haven't beaten a Final Fantasy game, however. I can't deal with the grinding.

I was into shooter games when I told my brother-in-law I was interested in playing something different. He lent me FFIX and I was hooked! I loved everything about that game. The story line, the characters. When I finished IX I went and begged VIII off of him. After that I started buying them myself.

I only played Final Fantasy Tactics on my gameboy advanced but liked that quite a bit. Haven't explored other titles in the series yet but was tempted for a while to pick up the iOS versions of the games. Anyone try those? I hear they are good ports...

I HATED the draw system! I must not have been the only one because they changed the system back for nine. *laughs* My friend will draw for what seems like hours and let her characters just get beat on. Me that just annoys me. *laughs*

Does Kingdom Hearts factor into the FF games? I really enjoy those series of games as well.

The draw system isn't so bad, especially when you consider that other than a few GF's, you never have to draw at all if you don't want to. You can get all your spells through Triple Triad alone, and 90% of them before you ever even leave Balamb for the Fire Cavern test. Then you kill Squall and Zell for the Dollet portion and let Seifer level your GF's to level 100 and learn all their abilities. Stay at level one with all your characters until you get the Ragnarok and then go grind on Cactuars to learn the rest of your GF's skills. After they learn those, it's off to the Island Closest to Hell to level your party to 100 with the Ability Up skills equipped. You're now powerhouses with never having had to draw.

And also, you can get every characters ultimate weapon on disc one except Irvines and Rinoas. Squall letting loose with Lionheart's against Edea is always fun at the end of the first disc.

FF fan from the start!! I was late getting a nintendo growing up and it was my Da actually who brought home FF. That and Dragonquest. The red mage did it in for me. The story was awesome. The different monsters. It COMPLETELY set up all other FF games. Awesome story, little vehicles. My fav FF though is IV. Kefka, Espers, Shadow, GAO!! . I have to say 8 and 9 are the best for side quests with the card games and awesome amount of Summons. FF VII always sticks out the most though just because of how it stood out against other games with the FMVs and the quirky lil humor in it. I hadn't experienced a game like that before on PS1. I just remember watching the opening sequence the first time and i was BLOWN away by how it looked. I think my least favorite was 12. The Gambit system was cool but over complicated. I don't know. it just rubbed me wrong. Couldn't get down with it.

OMG! I had FF13, played the HELL out of it. i think I had all there weapons and armor maxed out, was LITERALLY minutes away from beating the game. MINUTES! When my frickin DOG comes charging from out of nowhere like a howling rocket of destruction and just Shaqs my xbox to the ground. It scratched the disc to the point of bein irreparable. I never touched the damn thing again. I still don't think I have forgiven him for it........

Wait. No. Scratch that. My least favorite FF were the Crystal Chronicles for SNES. I HATED that you could see all the mosters and they just STOOD there. I didn't like the view of the battles either. How you were looking at the monsters from behind the main characers. Annoyed me.

OH! And i forgot tactics!! I LOVE FF TACTICS!!! I think that game has the most hours in it from me. i don't know what it was about the game. All the different classes, hidden items, the story was pretty cool too. OH! and the alternate team members you could get. The Golem, Dragon....what was the other one? crap. Can't remember.

Kingdom Hearts was awesome for all the FF cameos in it.

Ishy that's an interesting way of going about FF8, I do the grind on fasticalons before firecavern so I can finish just before the time is up on Ifrit for bonus points. plus, I always head to Timber with Diabolos unlocked because Squall is over lvl 20 and the other 2 are weak as shit so Diabolos' level is that of the lower members.

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived