DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Discussion: Who should sit on the Iron Throne?

Nolder

SPOILER POLICY: Please use spoiler tags for all information which has not been revealed yet in the show.

Who do you think should actually sit on the Iron Throne? It doesn't matter if they are alive or dead (remember the spoiler policy) or whether they actually have a good claim on the Iron Throne. I just want to know who you think should actually be the king or queen and why. 

uiQ9r6O.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Dany's problem is, she can't have kids, which will cause issues for the thrones longevity.

however, in the last book, we meet another possible.. I can't spell the last name, relative of her.. But he could also be a fake to. so

He might be key to allowing longevity.

Basically her blood line, has the most claim. Roberts Bastard, also has some claim, but since he's a bastard that kind of ruins it in there eyes. So he's out. Though, I do see him as a possibility for a marriage with Danny. If only because they don't want the bastards line to gain the throne.. and since she's barren.

And since in the spoiler...  Well, That could open it up for Sansa.

Which would help for the series name.

"A Song of Ice and Fire"

Ice being the starks, and fire being... dany's blood line. That of course, assuming they aren't meant to be at war...

But really,

her new found relative, might just be a bit player. Kind of like Sansa

What better way, for two incompetents, to be given the thrown after Dany & Jon snow help deliver it to the rightful heir?.

Who would I want on the throne? Uggh... They are all, almost entirely bad leaders. And the only one who actually shows any intelligence when it comes to leading... Is freaking Little Finger. (He's game of Thrones Romney! lol)

I'll list mine in order of who I think should sit there:

1. Jon Snow-If, and only if, it winds up that he actually is Rhaegar Targayrean and Lyssa Starks son.

2. The new Rhaegar that's invaded Dorne with Jon Connington, but only if he's legit.

3. Dany

4. Stannis, but only if 1 & 2 turn out to not be relevant, and Dany somehow dies later.

So, if all fan theories wind up to be true, Jon Snow is the obvious, legitimate heir. But no matter what, a Targ is the lawful heir.

Although if you're asking who I want on the throne, it's Brienne. :wink:

Hmm.. 

Brienne and Jaime heirs ruling the kingdoms? :tongue:

Oh, just had a great idea for a spin-off movie!

Weekend at Brienne's!

1. Jon Snow-If, and only if, it winds up that he actually is Rhaegar Targayrean and Lyssa Starks son.

2. The new Rhaegar that's invaded Dorne with Jon Connington, but only if he's legit.

3. Dany

4. Stannis, but only if 1 & 2 turn out to not be relevant, and Dany somehow dies later.

So, if all fan theories wind up to be true, Jon Snow is the obvious, legitimate heir. But no matter what, a Targ is the lawful heir.

1. Still a bastard, illegitimate.

2. Dany has age on him iirc.

3. Pls no.

4. A good choice.

3. Dany

1. Still a bastard, illegitimate.2. Dany has age on him iirc.3. Pls no.4. A good choice.

As far as Dany having age on Rhaegar (the new one), Dany is the Mad King's niece, while Rhaegar is his grandson. Grandson trumps niece in line of succession iirc. And I'm pretty sure that the bastard stigma was never something that affected Targ succession, but I'll need to find the quote in the books to back that up. I'm pretty sure that the Targ Maester from the Wall and Sam discussed that during their ship voyage to Oldtowne.

3. Dany

1. Still a bastard, illegitimate.2. Dany has age on him iirc.3. Pls no.4. A good choice.

As far as Dany having age on Rhaegar (the new one), Dany is the Mad King's niece, while Rhaegar is his grandson. Grandson trumps niece in line of succession iirc. And I'm pretty sure that the bastard stigma was never something that affected Targ succession, but I'll need to find the quote in the books to back that up. I'm pretty sure that the Targ Maester from the Wall and Sam discussed that during their ship voyage to Oldtowne.

Targaryeans only wed other Targaryeans. Pretty sure being a bastard matters.

Targs do't ALWAYS marry other Targs, it's just common. Rhaegar was engaged to that Princess from Dorne and even Dany and her douchebag brother didn't follow that tradition. It just happened more times that not, but it wasn't strictly brother and sister each and everytime.

Targs do't ALWAYS marry other Targs, it's just common. Rhaegar was engaged to that Princess from Dorne and even Dany and her douchebag brother didn't follow that tradition. It just happened more times that not, but it wasn't strictly brother and sister each and everytime.

True, but when it comes to their society, only the offspring, of a married couple, regardless of their line, and tradition of incest is the legitimate heir. The bastards are just that.. Bastards, they are tolerated because they are blood, seen as lesser lords. Never the rulers

Weren't the Karlstarks for instance, a line of bastards that broke off from the Starks?

It seems all are more or less evil or at least egocentrics/megalomaniacs. Martin is a bit of a cynic. Jon Snow is OK, but I doubt he'll sit the iron throne.If Martin's worldview is the correct one, then maybe one should assume power corrupts in the world he created? Maybe they would all be pretty bad kings or queens? A little like choosing from a variety of evil things. Still, Jon Snow would probably be the best/least bad (I think).

3. Dany

Dany is the mad king's daughter, not his niece. The one who's invaded Dorne is named Aegon. If legitimate, it's true he would be first in line through his father.

My number one pick is Dany, because she has dragons. That should bump anyone else out of Aegon the Conqueror's throne.

3. Dany

Dany is the mad king's daughter, not his niece. The one who's invaded Dorne is named Aegon. If legitimate, it's true he would be first in line through his father.

My number one pick is Dany, because she has dragons. That should bump anyone else out of Aegon the Conqueror's throne.

Unless Dany is immortal because of the dragons. (Some kind of psychic connection? Lives as long as they do? Nothing we know, or don't know about.) 

Her problem is she can't produce Heirs... This is crucial for someone sitting on the throne. Because she can't, its just going to mean civil war in the future.

Unless she marries that other guy, and he has an 'affair' with say.. Sansa, and they 'claim' that child as their own. :wink:

Nah, she'll get that womb working again.

She got her period in ADwD after having missed it for a couple of months, which could mean a miscarriage. If that's the case, then she's fertile.

Hmm, I was sure that witch had pretty well screwed her, in that regard.... we'll see... I guess.

hmmm,  who do i think will sit the throne

Walder Frey.

who do i want to sit on the throne, toss up between the Imp and Jamie.  Jamie wins though, hands down *gigglesnorts*

@ Nol:

imo its very possible that Reaghar and Lyanna got married and then had Jon.  we dont know for sure that they weren't married, no more than if Jon is really their kid.  Jons only called a bastard because peopel think hes Neds illigitament son

@ SD:

If jon is Reghar and Lyanna's son, then he fills teh "Fire & Ice" role as well.

Who do I think should be on the Throne?

Stannis the mannis Baratheon, of course. He has the the most realistic claim to the throne, being the late king's brother. (Implying we are still going by the Baratheon line of succession here) And of all the people after the Throne, he seems like the only one willing to take his job as king seriously, and is doing it for the sake of duty, not personal greed or desire. (A path that he seems aware will lead to his demise, as proven by good ol' Ned, but a path he follows anyway 'cos he's gotta do what he's gotta do.)

Who do I want on the throne?

Roose Bolton. Would be hilarious.

Nah, seriously though, Little Finger. Even though He doesn't want it.

Who do I think will be on the throne at the end?

Nobody. The throne will be destroyed.

Tyler pretty much nailed my thoughts.

The Targareyan's lost the throne. They can fight, rebel, and maybe win it back but the current and rightful "owners" are the Baratheon's.

Stannis is not only rightfully the next in line but he would also probably make the best king in terms of actually managing the kingdom aside from maybe Tywin Lannister.

As for who will sit on it by the end? I sincerely believe Westeros is doomed to defeat. The White Walkers are coming and I don't believe anyone can stop them. Not even Danareys and her dragons. There will be no Iron Throne by the end of this series, no seven kingdoms. Just some refugees fleeing a doomed continent.

Didn't Danny have a period at the end of the last book? Thought that flying cross the world (sun rises in the west) and other things (that have slipped my mind) fulfilled the old witches prophecy/curse?

Cheers sinister.

I think that Jon is going to get it. Plus I hope he does since he is the most forward thinking of anyone.

Also by Westerosi law Dany cannot be Queen as in full command. The Dornish play on this when they declare Myrcellas claim in Dorn by Dornish law that women can rule

The sun rising in the west and setting in the east could have been Quinton (i think his name is) being a prince of Dorne (sun symbol) dying in the eastern continent (setting in the east)

Archived