DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Knightmare ~ Favorite Armour/Weapons

lolguy26

In ye good ol' days, when thou would dress in shining armour and have a squire to hand you your shining weapon, those were the days.....

So this thread is where we share pictures of our favorite armours and weapons (not limited to swords)

3cx3-a-d3d9.jpg

The armour above, is 16th century Gothic armour

Katana_Dragon_by_Dragon_de_Lune.png

And my weapon of choice would be a Katana (yes i know its japenese but i :wub: it)

icingdeath_and_twinkle_zps83e71c7a.jpg

My babies fur sure!!!!

those are awesome :D

^ Those are some beautiful swords.

---

My favorite knightly weapon...

IS IT AN AXE!?

IS IT A SPEAR!?

NAW MAN, IT'S BOTH!!

It's a Halberd.

halberd_04.jpgf82f8a55-ca99-44d2-b826-c0

larp-medieval-halberd-%5B2%5D-947-p.jpg

HA14Z_Halberd.JPG

so why exactly that weapon tyler?

Because it's a two-handed pole-arm weapon (Pole-weapons are cool) which, well, exactly what it says on the tin, really.

It's not only good at stabbing people via the pointy spear end, but also good at chopping people down with the axe part. Put it in the hands of a physically strong person who has some skill with this kind of weapon, and you'd see some pretty effective results, I'd say.

Sadly though, warriors wielding Halberds haven't quite been as famous as swordsmen, or archers, or what have you.

I'll post some good swords later.

i think thats cuz most people would define that as a "crude" weapon, where as a swordsman is graceful and an archer swift, a halberd is something that just needs to be swung around a few times to get satisfied results, but it definitely is realistically a more useful weapon during war than say a long sword or a bow at close quarters... 

They do a peace-bind on any weapon before you enter the faire grounds. They usually do strip-ties but I do the strip-tie myself and cover it up with colorful cloth so it keeps with the outfit. I show them my strip-tie, they test to make sure I can't unsheath the sword and let me in.

However, if you are caught with a concealed unbound weapon, you are thrown out and forever banned from going back ever again. Honestly, I haven't heard a story of someone doing something like this at a ren faire though.

I do hope this counts! :P

friesian_battle.jpg3547263452_de7defef87.jpg

Hardly surprising! :laugh:

Okay, for non-living weapons...

I've swung real swords, and they're faaar too heavy for me to not knock random stuff over with XD let alone keep up the strength to use for a while. I'd go with something lighter, slightler, but not quite a rapier...
pirate-jacks-sword-from-pirates-of-the-c

Hahaha. I want this though.
This one looks alright too:
P1010534.jpg

Or a pair of shiney pretty daggery knives...

Meh, but I don't think I would be any good at swordfighting...far too uncoordinated and less inclined to hack/bash at things.

I do LOVE archery though. Give me a nice recurve or longbow and I will happily play with it and - surprises! - actually hit something! :biggrin:

English_longbow3.jpg

:wub:

I also love archery and would pick a bow over a sword. I also am not much for melee and close quarter fighting. If in fact I do end up in close quarters then I'd have to rely on a hidden dagger. 

These are mine...

daggers1_zpsbedde195.jpg

daggers_zps7ceb6207.jpg

And this is the kind of armor I like...(Love the jousting!)

4c6ce468-b611-440d-a4be-7901e8674999_zps

4f3f3766-b6c4-49c7-be1c-16d617ba4449_zps

...and yes. I took these pics at Renn Fest. :biggrin:

now that is awesome :D

so do whip it out at random occasions and start like cleaning your nails or something?

(is it seriously that dangerous that you have to carry those or are they just ornamental?)

I have whipped the dragon one out a few times in front of company to get a reaction. LOL That's always fun!

I don't carry them around, but they are kept on my nightstand (just in case).  :wink:

Because it's a two-handed pole-arm weapon (Pole-weapons are cool) which, well, exactly what it says on the tin, really.

It's not only good at stabbing people via the pointy spear end, but also good at chopping people down with the axe part. Put it in the hands of a physically strong person who has some skill with this kind of weapon, and you'd see some pretty effective results, I'd say.

Sadly though, warriors wielding Halberds haven't quite been as famous as swordsmen, or archers, or what have you.

I'll post some good swords later.

And as you probably know, but forgot to mention, halberds are greeeat for hooking down horseriders. Spears in the front, Halberds as backup!

Archived