DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Man vs Wild

Tiinker

• Community Administrator

Remember that Episode where he ate Bear Scat?

Ever wonder if his camera-crew (yes he does have one) Were to pull a prank on him.. .and tell him they found bear scat when it was infact, their own?

Bear has far more personality. And let's be honest that's what matters when watching a show like this. We aren't trying to learn how to survive we are just watching someone do cool things with branches and eat gross stuff.

Bear has far more personality. And let's be honest that's what matters when watching a show like this. We aren't trying to learn how to survive we are just watching someone do cool things with branches and eat gross stuff.

Actually, I want to see what someone has to do to survive.  Bear has personality but everything seems...fake.

Lee is legit and those situations are interesting to me.

Les Stroud (Survivorman) was better at showing a normal person how to survive. Bear can be entertaining though.

Very true and survivor man is legit.  No camera crew.  He does everything three times. 

Yes Les is seriously hard core. I liked watching him okay but if I want to be entertained I watch Bear. Les doesn't seem like he's fully comfortable on camera. Although I'd like to see a Man vs Wild shark week special. *laughs* Although he might have done one and I just haven't seen it.

Well MvW is a bit fake yeah. They set up some situations for him sometimes. I think it's the more entertaining of the two shows personally.

Alot of that has to do with insurance companies, they won't allow him to actually put himself into real danger. Its why that incase anything goes wrong, his crew has a satalite phone, and local rescue crews are on notice that he's i n the region.

So there is no real sense of danger but that doesn't mean what he does isn't real.

Those situations, are more like, his camera crew sees something,they let him know, and then they do a time out from his normal routine (finding a road/ect) and show how you can survive that thing  they found, if theres no other way around it.

Theres also a fairly good possibility, that they (the crew, and possibly bear) examine the regions they are going into and plot a route. whether he lets himself in  on that info, or not, I dunno..

Well MvW is a bit fake yeah. They set up some situations for him sometimes. I think it's the more entertaining of the two shows personally.

Alot of that has to do with insurance companies, they won't allow him to actually put himself into real danger. 

That's kind of why I hate all the reality shows on the history channel. The Ice Road Truckers and all that. You know that they're never actually in danger. If something happened and someone was killed they would not air the episode. So there is no suspense. It blows my mind how popular those types of shows are though.

At least with survivorman and man vs wild you do get to learn some neat tricks and see some exotic sights.

What I find hilarious is that while he's there eating buggs and all that crap his camera crew are probably snacking on their packed lunch.

I watch it for the entertainment and the improv. If it so happens that one day one of his tricks will save my life when I get lost in the jungle then all the better, but it's definitely more for entertainment than anything else.

I can't stand Man Vs Wild. Everything he does seems so fake, even before I realized/learned it was all set up. I find Survivorman much more entertaining in that you can tell it's real AND you get to see what he does to survive.

So disappointed that the show was canceled even though Les had legit reasons.

Yeah Survivorman took a huge physical toll on Les.

As far as which I like.. For action and entertainment, bear hands down. If I actually want an education about survival, Les. Near does a bunch of high flying acrobatic stuff that 95% of people can't do. Les shows people stuff they can actually do.

Yeah Survivorman took a huge physical toll on Les.

As far as which I like.. For action and entertainment, bear hands down. If I actually want an education about survival, Les. Near does a bunch of high flying acrobatic stuff that 95% of people can't do. Les shows people stuff they can actually do.

Bear does show other survival tips besides methods of rock climbing and jumping from really high places. alot of the food stuffs is obviously for shock value, but is legit.

Hell I have learned a few valid surival tips from his show. Alot of those dealing with Navigation. (Which can be justa s important, if not more so, then finding something to eat, and/or shelter. :wink:

Archived