DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Man vs Wild

Tiinker

if i remember to turn the TV on i will... loved hat show.

i love any show relating to post apocalyptic fantasies.

it's why i can't stand bear i think... he gives me no useful basis for anchoring a hope of survival... his show's about entertainment, not life.

survivorman always makes me think of alone in the wilderness.... like... it might keep the illusion of hope alive past the fallout settling.

bear annoys me with his transparency... they're feeding him sammiches after the horse crap.  he's not starving himself or huddling in fear of rats or really spending a sleepless night battling fire ants... he's just putting on a show.

though... a friend's son fell through the ice of a local pond in the SUNY nature preserve and credited bear with giving him the presence of mind to strip out of his wet clothes that were dragging him under to escape the cold water... and... he was 11, his mind really did freeze almost instantly... it does that i guess...  and his cell phone was useless, soaked in his back pocket, and he probably would have struggled uselessly, weighed down with wet denim and never gotten out of the water if he hadn't thought to strip.  silly but...sometimes it's what you have to do.

though... he freaked the first person he ran to right the hell out naked, cold and sobbing... they thought something else had happened... but he followed the TV advice... and got out of the water and ran for the first house he found, a half mile away... and i think for sure he would have died otherwise.  kids do here, in winter, when they play on the ice.

so... ok, i don't hate man vs. wild.

• Community Administrator

though... he freaked the first person he ran to right the hell out naked, cold and sobbing... they thought something else had happened... but he followed the TV advice... and got out of the water and ran for the first house he found, a half mile away... and i think for sure he would have died otherwise. kids do here, in winter, when they play on the ice.

so... ok, i don't hate man vs. wild.

Just have to say...

falling in the water, stripping, and running stark-ass naked a half mile? I bet he probably did it in 2 minutes. Be so freaking cold...

Though, he could have probably kept his boxer/briefs on. (unless it just wasn't much of a choice and just  strip as fast as possible)

Anyways, you should also check out, man, Woman, Wild.

Housband/wife couple doing the bear-gryls style show.

It has its hilarious moments..

Like this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived