DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The future of the Ways

MasterAblar

I believe there will be no change to the ways if it was damage like that only from the taint when it was made, just like madness in the channelers it wont go away with the clensing, however i believe they can probably remove the taint from the ways somehow just like nynaeve can remove taint from peoples minds, (although  a very different process), I have no idea whether it could self heal itself afterwards or not.

Hordes of Trollocs seem to be going through the Ways in KoD and aMoL.  This seems inconsistent with the Black Wind hunting down the Trollocs; I think in the earlier books only 50 Trollocs could go through at one time.  I don't think we've had a major character use the Ways since tGH, though I could be wrong on this, as I haven't read the early books for a long, long time.

If the Ways were to heal, they would provide a way for ordinary people to get around quickly without asking a channeller to open a Gateway.

Machin Shin must be destroyed before the Wheel reaches the Age of Legends again. However, the waygates must also be destroyed at one point or another before then, so it is likely that channelers will destroy Machin Shin, and then (perhaps in another age), the Waygates themselves will be destroyed in some turmoil.

They access another world. The Aes Sedai simply bridged the gap between the two. That world must be cleansed, because it also has a place in the wheel. Even alternate worlds should theoretically return to their previous state. I may be wrong on this, but even though the Aes Sedai should simply be able to use another world next time (small change), the world that is contaminated should need to return to its original state (would be a very large change).

Archived