DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ack...

MattheHat

Just got home from hospital, splintered a carbon arrow while shooting and the cracked end punched a perfect round hole into my wrist at the back of my thumb. They say a tendon might be severed though they'll have a better look on Wednesday...

Thanks! :smile:

Is healing well, Doctor said the tendon almost got severed so I was lucky... Gotta hold it stiff for 7 more days then start moving it again.

What would have happened had the tendon been severed

No movement for the rest of my life, or we would have had to get to the city 150km away and have it stitched back together with the help of many many sharp implements... >.>

hope you feel better man 

Thanks, I do now... *dizzy*

Is healing well, Doctor said the tendon almost got severed so I was lucky... Gotta hold it stiff for 7 more days then start moving it again.

No movement for the rest of my life, or we would have had to get to the city 150km away and have it stitched back together with the help of many many sharp implements... >.>

lucky that didn't happen, how'd you shatter the arrow anyway?

The Arrow must have had a fault cos Carbon arrows are bloody impossible to snap!!! Anyway, a friend was standing beside me, he said it broke as I was pulling it back, then I let go and the front end went whirring towards the target while the flight bit stuck in my wrist, not nice...

If I recall correctly from my Machete incident, roughly a $20,000 surgery and 6 months of therapy.  Or, as he said, never move it again.

If I recall correctly from my Machete incident, roughly a $20,000 surgery and 6 months of therapy.  Or, as he said, never move it again.

dayum. Machete incident?

Actually the reason that I am going into psychology instead of music therapy!  Haha, you can't get a music degree if you can't play as well as you could when you started. 

My blade got stuck and had no crossguard.  It was a rainy day, I slid up it and severed the tendon in my pinky and needed stitches on four fingers.  78 stitches and a surgery later I was fixed =)  It mostly moves but isn't as fast and I can't play guitar for hours like I used to.

Moral of the story, don't use things without a crossguard!

Archived