DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Post-aMoL Speculation & Discussion (Full Spoilers)

Luckers

1. When Rand was captured whit ad'am he used TRUE POWER to free himself .

2. What if Moghedien can  use TRUE POWER also.

-  And do you remmeber that TRUE POWER was used first time in "age of legends"  at that moment bore on dark one's prison was created..

2+2 = ? :P

P.S. this is not theory all those are facts :P

You forgot one very important fact.....the Bore is closed and TP is no longer accessible.

Why do you think that TP is no longer  accessible? we only know that Rand can not reach for TP but he can not even reach for sadin  ....

bore did not exisit in age of legends, it is CREATED in age of legends when male and female Aes Sedai tryed to pull tohegther form "new sorce".

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. What if Moghedien can  use TRUE POWER also.

-  And do you remmeber that TRUE POWER was used first time in "age of legends"  at that moment bore on dark one's prison was created..

You forgot one very important fact.....the Bore is closed and TP is no longer accessible.

Why do you think that TP is no longer  accessible? we only know that Rand can not reach for TP but he can not even reach for sadin  ....

bore did not exisit in age of legends, it is CREATED in age of legends when male and female Aes Sedai tryed to pull tohegther form "new sorce".

And that new source was the TP, which was inaccessible. The Bore was created to make it accessible. No bore, no access to the essence of the DO anymore.

2. What if Moghedien can use TRUE POWER also.

- And do you remmeber that TRUE POWER was used first time in "age of legends" at that moment bore on dark one's prison was created..

Why do you think that TP is no longer accessible? we only know that Rand can not reach for TP but he can not even reach for sadin ....

meirin tapped the TP from the DO prison it was a small amount as seen by Rand's Rhuidean flashbacks. It was what lanfear/meirin referring as new source. She and beidomon were going to draw more hence the term Bore.

There might have been a hold already or an imperfect seal like the floating white globe that cracked open with black fire.

Rand might have completely sealed DO prison. Second moggy tried to reach for it and found nothing

I'm wondering about Tam, his history, his skill with a sword, his knowledge of the void, his ability to lead men. Who was he, entrusted with Rand?

I think that this was one of the planned prequels. However, Tam's fever-talk from Eye of the World gives us the answer to your question. He talks of trying to get away from the stench of death and decay by traveling up the slopes of Dragonmount (probably after a battle). He came across Tigraine, who'd fled up there to give birth, and Rand. Tigraine was dead, but she'd wrapped Rand with her cloak, and it sounds like Rand was near death and was blue with cold. Tam took the child to save him; I don't think he'd decided to keep him yet. Other fever-talk seems to replay his conversation with Kari, saying how they'd always wanted children (and we can assume that they'd been unable to have any up to this point). He wasn't entrusted with Rand, he found him.

Anyway, Tam served with Illian's Golden Company. I assume that he was brought out of the Two Rivers by news of the Aiel War. No doubt, as a young man, he wanted some adventure.

There is also a theory that Tam killed Laman because "it needed doing" (TGS 47)

I'm wondering about Tam, his history, his skill with a sword, his knowledge of the void, his ability to lead men. Who was he, entrusted with Rand?

I think that this was one of the planned prequels. However, Tam's fever-talk from Eye of the World gives us the answer to your question. He talks of trying to get away from the stench of death and decay by traveling up the slopes of Dragonmount (probably after a battle). He came across Tigraine, who'd fled up there to give birth, and Rand. Tigraine was dead, but she'd wrapped Rand with her cloak, and it sounds like Rand was near death and was blue with cold. Tam took the child to save him; I don't think he'd decided to keep him yet. Other fever-talk seems to replay his conversation with Kari, saying how they'd always wanted children (and we can assume that they'd been unable to have any up to this point). He wasn't entrusted with Rand, he found him.

Anyway, Tam served with Illian's Golden Company. I assume that he was brought out of the Two Rivers by news of the Aiel War. No doubt, as a young man, he wanted some adventure.

If so then Tam should have had Laman's sword but it was Avi whohavd it to Rand which means Aielmen might have killed Laman. Theoretically, Aielmen had honor and would never use Laman's head (after being killed by tam) and pretend that they were the ones who killed him to pay for the sin of cutting down the tree of Life.

This has been thoroughly debunked.

This has been thoroughly debunked.

Link?

It' said that Tam fought in the Whitecloack War in 957. We also know he fought in the Aiel War of 976-978. Tam has at least 22 years of military service under Illian. Certainly enough time to raise to the rank of Second Companion and become a blademaster.

Now that I think about it...why the heck doesn't Tam have a nice pension from his time as a Companion? 22 years of service and multiple wars! I suppose Tam could have gotten a lump sum of money and used that to purchase the sword he gave Rand and his farm in TTRs, but it doesn't seem to be Tam's personality to blow all his money like that.

It' said that Tam fought in the Whitecloack War in 957. We also know he fought in the Aiel War of 976-978. Tam has at least 22 years of military service under Illian. Certainly enough time to raise to the rank of Second Companion and become a blademaster.

Now that I think about it...why the heck doesn't Tam have a nice pension from his time as a Companion? 22 years of service and multiple wars! I suppose Tam could have gotten a lump sum of money and used that to purchase the sword he gave Rand and his farm in TTRs, but it doesn't seem to be Tam's personality to blow all his money like that.

Maybe he deserted before the campaign finished. Our hid in 2Rs so he'll never fight again

Reading Logain's description of the angreal that Taim was using against Egwene, and Logain's POV after the crystal battleground sank underground - Logain was wondering if he would need to dig up the area to uncover the artifact, which e saw as a hand holding a scepter (I think). Do you think that this is the next age's equivalent to the Choedan Kal statues? The description of having to dig them up and the nothing but the hand holding the object being visible sure sound similar. Egwene's angreal could be the female equivalent.

Reading Logain's description of the angreal that Taim was using against Egwene, and Logain's POV after the crystal battleground sank underground - Logain was wondering if he would need to dig up the area to uncover the artifact, which e saw as a hand holding a scepter (I think). Do you think that this is the next age's equivalent to the Choedan Kal statues? The description of having to dig them up and the nothing but the hand holding the object being visible sure sound similar. Egwene's angreal could be the female equivalent.

No one's perfect, but I think you did a fine job of spotting the weaving of the wheel. Nice one. Good stuff.

buying a farm it's not blowing money. it's actually a nice investment

Maybe Tam took a structured settlement.

How did Rand's consciousness transfer to Moridin's body?  

Probably Nakomi did it.

Curious as to your reasoning behind this? What do you think went on there?

I have no idea how did it happen but if we assume that Rand was in his body when he came out of the Pit (I don't think anyone saw Moridin coming out with Rand's body in his hands) and met Nakomi if it was Nakomi (though I didn't see any reasons why it is not her), then it's easy to suggest she helped it somehow (especially if she is really the Creator's avatar or something else powerful).

My sentence was piss poor and I didn't read what I wrote. Just seems that spending the amount of money on a weapons that thus far we've only seen in the hands of royalty isn't something Tam would do.

At the same time, I would guess that there is more homesteading than purchasing of farms in the Two Rivers. He probably would have to spend some cash on farming implements and start up stock.

Probably Nakomi did it.

I have no idea how did it happen but if we assume that Rand was in his body when he came out of the Pit (I don't think anyone saw Moridin coming out with Rand's body in his hands) and met Nakomi if it was Nakomi (though I didn't see any reasons why it is not her), then it's easy to suggest she helped it somehow (especially if she is really the Creator's avatar or something else powerful).

This is a very interesting theory. The description fits. The woman very well could be Nakomi. 

Probably Nakomi did it.
This is a very interesting theory. The description fits. The woman very well could be Nakomi.
how about one of the jenn aiel?

Archived