DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Post-aMoL Speculation & Discussion (Full Spoilers)

Luckers

Plus, with Egwene's philosophy about there being a Balance to everything, there would need to be the Creator's touch on the world as well, and it was stated many times that Rand was just a man.

Per RJ the Creator takes no part. He said that many times.

Interview: Jan 18th, 2003

COT Signing Report - Tallis (Paraphrased)

Robert Jordan

Rand has no direct connection with the Creator. The Creator is completely removed from the world; aside from...creating...the Pattern, he does nothing else whatsoever to influence anything.

Not directly, no. BUT, the Creator made the Pattern, and the Pattern does what it needs to to balance itself out.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless there's some discussion of this in the last book, Perrin's leadership abilities aren't a result of his ta'veren nature, but inherent to himself.  It was only his ta'veren nature which brought those qualities to the surface.  Thus, the fact that he may no longer be ta'veren will not affect his abilities as a leader, which were always there within him.

As far as Mat's luck is concerned, he himself thinks that it is tied to the Shadar Logoth dagger.  If he's right, the fact that he's no longer ta'veren may have no effect on his luck.

Since this is a full-spoiler forum... 

Perrin's leadership abilities have absolutely no bearing whatsoever in aMoL; Perrin's role in aMoL is 100% tel'aran'rhiod-based. 

And if Mat's luck is tied to the Shadar Logoth dagger, well, he's equally screwed since that dissolves and disappears from the world. 

Point being, I think if Perrin's statement that they're no longer ta'veren is accurate, Mat's battle luck is gone, and far from just losing at dice, he's going to take a gamble on the battlefield and lose, badly, pretty early on in the Seanchan consolidation. Therefore, I'm just going to assume that Perrin was mistaken in that, and that it was only the colors-swirling-in-the-head thing that was gone -- after all, that didn't become a thing until long after they were already ta'veren.

I always assumed that Mats luck was his "thing" just as Rand could channel and Perrin was a wolfbrother and that their being taveren was just an added factor to their involvement in the last battle. If Rand didnt burn himself out (if thats what he did) he would still be able to channel after losing his taveren nature and Perrin is still a wolf brother... so why should Mat lose his luck??

@Steve: Mat's luck may have been part of his Ta'veren nature. I believe that Mat himself was originally confused as to where it came from. While Mat believed that it was either the Aes Sedai or the Dark one, most either believe that it is the Aes Sedai/Shadar Logoth or his Ta'veren nature. I don't know if RJ has ever stated one conclusively, so there is room for debate.

Also-

Quick Question: From what I remember of the story, the only defining traits of the Creator mentioned throughout the book are 1) creating the dark one's prison and 2) balancing the dark one's influence upon the world. I may not have mentioned it beforehand, but considering that Rand meets both of those, and he can now alter the pattern with his mind, Creating what he wishes, why hasn't there been any discussion (correct me if I am wrong on that) of Rand (and more broadly the Dragon Reborn) being the Creator?

There is a quote from RJ a few posts above saying there is no connection between the two.

Hmmm, but the Creator directly spoke to Rand twice, right? At least that is how I read the parts where the voice who was not Lews Therin (himself, actually) or the Dark One spoke directly to Rand. That's a connection, and it is the Creator touching the world himself.

I don't think the Creator *is* Rand, or even that the Creator is personally walking the world, but things the Creator set in motion are obviously working on his behalf to influence the world.

It's likely that every time a male Dragon appears, there is a female counterpart, since balance is a major theme in the series. In the current age the female part is probable Egwene. One lived and one died - this time the Drafon lived and his counterpart died. Perhaps last time the last battle was fought and won there was also a female counterpart, and she was the one that survived, while the Dragon died. That could be Nakomi.

Why do we always keep coming back to a female dragon? The canon does not support there being such a thing. Balance is generally there in WoT but there is not always a opposite for every idea in the wheel.

Pretty disappointed overall.

Most of the other books had good pacing.  This book was just a giant battle and felt so rushed.  Maybe it should have been 2 books.

And I know that Sanderson's own character was good, but he didn't need to dominate the book like he did.  It was like Logain was pushed to the side for Sanderson's new character. Not a fan of that at all.

Fain was soooooooooooo under utilized.  He was becoming something more powerful than the Chosen.  Just a total whiff on this if you ask me.  I wanted to see this guy go all out. 

Demandred was a complete badass and a total f*cking idiot at the same time.  He was so overpowered, but felt like he never really affected the battles to the degree that he probably should have. 3 different one on one duels, with each fighter putting up a better fight.  Seriously?

Egwene constantly bemoaning how the Amyrilin is more than just a normal person.  Blah blah blah, yet she goes beserk and gets herself killed.  Yeaaaaaaaaaah.  Not that I minded her dying, just her saying/thinking one thing and then going out and doing the opposite was a complete cop-out in order to see one of the main characters die. Gawyn deserved to die for being such an uninteresting character.  Egwyne should have lived, or at least have been given a better death.

Aviendah going through Ruiddean again and seeing a possible future.  All that worry from her and the Aiel wise ones, and we already know that future won't ever come to pass.  So all that was just wasted words on a page. Could have focused on more important things than that.  I don't think she ever told Rand about it, so really, him coming up with the way to give the Aiel meaning was all his own.

The thing that made me really sad, was that the book just ended.  It would have been better, imo, if we at least got a glimpse of the main characters a few years down the road.

I liked how it all ended.  I enjoyed most of the battles, even though some of the bigger battles, it was difficult to really imagine what the hell was really going on.  How the armies were set up and all that. 
Just seemed like Sanderson didn't have an idea either since it felt like a mass of confusion. Birgitte dying made total sense.  She went back to the Horn and won't miss Gaidal Cain.

It was great that the forces of Light didn't dominate, but was pretty realistic with both sides winning some battles.  In the end, it seemed quite bleak for the Light, but they managed to win.

Olver blowing the Horn was kinda surreal.  I was like, good God Sanderson, you can't just have a kid scared out of his wits just murdered like that!!  Man, that was pretty powerful stuff.  I guess Matt died while getting healed from the daggar, cause it wasn't when he hung from the tree.  Can't think of another time he could have died.  Really should have saw that coming, I was kicking myself for that.

Maybe on a second reading I'll change my mind. Glad the ride is finally over though and no longer waiting on another book.  So, at least there's that.  Now I just have to wait a few year's for Rothfuss' next book.  lol

It's likely that every time a male Dragon appears, there is a female counterpart, since balance is a major theme in the series. In the current age the female part is probable Egwene. One lived and one died - this time the Drafon lived and his counterpart died. Perhaps last time the last battle was fought and won there was also a female counterpart, and she was the one that survived, while the Dragon died. That could be Nakomi.

Why do we always keep coming back to a female dragon? The canon does not support there being such a thing. Balance is generally there in WoT but there is not always a opposite for every idea in the wheel.

I was not implying that Egwene for example was a female Dragon, only that both sides of the power are needed for important workings. Whenever an attempt is made that not includes one side, it fails. In the LTT era, the main female AS that was left alive refused to help, and the attempt to seal the DO resulted in the taint and a failing seal. In the current era, cleansing the taint required both male and female, as well as the DO's power, recreating the perfect prison for the DO required both sides of the power as well as the DO's power too. There seems to be an instant negative reaction when people say that others beside The Dragon are needed for success to occur. Rand was the strongest, or the most important, or whatever, but without all the other people making their choices and doing their thing, Rand would still have failed.

Contrary to your position, it seemed to me that, in fact, every idea on the wheel DID have either an opposite, a complement, or both. There may not have been a male and female Dragon, but there were male and female leaders of the One Power teams in every era, and both were needed to achieve great things. I was positing that at the end of each age, one of them would live, and one would die. In the current age, Egwene died and the Dragon lived. Maybe in the previous turning, the dragon died, and the female AS leader lived, and that it was Nakomi.

I believe one of the things that would happen is the angreal that Moraine is wearing would be duplicated to give other channelers with low power abilities the ability to be far more useful. The discovery of Androls unique ability in a relatively weak channeler will warrant further exploration into other specialized abilities amongst channelers, who otherwise would be considered to weak in the power and under the old system be turned out.

I believe Cadsuanne is also the perfect person to further deal with Fortuona, because with the truth of the suldam all being trainable channelers now out. She with her tons of experience and the fact that she is a shrewd and skilled at steering stubborn people to the goal she has set out for them.., (Rand for example).  Plus she has the advantage of nearly the entire Seanchan army seeing the Aes Sedai fight with honour and self Sacrifice, which has to do some damage to the official Seanchan philosophy that the only good channeler is a collared channeler. 

Shara will slowly open up to the rest of the world and will face a great pennace, perhaps rebuilding Camelyn and other cities destroyed in the fighting. As a way to seek forgiveness for siding with the Shadow.

Tam will be named a lord and given Stewardship over the two rivers until a child of Perrin and Faile is old enough to take over the position.

Galad and the other white cloaks will settle in Andor and will maintain a Strong presence in the Two rivers, with all the extremeist elements in the whitecloaks being expelled. They will become a just organization at last, as the part they played in the last battle will do a great deal to heal the wounds caused by there previous corruption.

Mat will spend a great deal of the remainder of his life, bringing the rebel forces in Seanchan to heal and will be a strong influence along with Min to soften the hard line ideas of the Seanchan blood. This he will do by earning the loyalty and full respect of the army and it's officers on both sides.

Whenever an attempt is made that not includes one side, it fails. In the LTT era, the main female AS that was left alive refused to help, and the attempt to seal the DO resulted in the taint and a failing seal.

Actually we know per RJ it was a "lucky thing" that LPD withheld the female AS's aid for that first sealing. The only difference had they been involved would have been Saidar tainted as well. 

Pretty disappointed overall.

Most of the other books had good pacing.  This book was just a giant battle and felt so rushed.  Maybe it should have been 2 books.

And I know that Sanderson's own character was good, but he didn't need to dominate the book like he did.  It was like Logain was pushed to the side for Sanderson's new character. Not a fan of that at all.

Fain was soooooooooooo under utilized.  He was becoming something more powerful than the Chosen.  Just a total whiff on this if you ask me.  I wanted to see this guy go all out. 

Demandred was a complete badass and a total f*cking idiot at the same time.  He was so overpowered, but felt like he never really affected the battles to the degree that he probably should have. 3 different one on one duels, with each fighter putting up a better fight.  Seriously?

Egwene constantly bemoaning how the Amyrilin is more than just a normal person.  Blah blah blah, yet she goes beserk and gets herself killed.  Yeaaaaaaaaaah.  Not that I minded her dying, just her saying/thinking one thing and then going out and doing the opposite was a complete cop-out in order to see one of the main characters die. Gawyn deserved to die for being such an uninteresting character.  Egwyne should have lived, or at least have been given a better death.

Aviendah going through Ruiddean again and seeing a possible future.  All that worry from her and the Aiel wise ones, and we already know that future won't ever come to pass.  So all that was just wasted words on a page. Could have focused on more important things than that.  I don't think she ever told Rand about it, so really, him coming up with the way to give the Aiel meaning was all his own.

The thing that made me really sad, was that the book just ended.  It would have been better, imo, if we at least got a glimpse of the main characters a few years down the road.

I liked how it all ended.  I enjoyed most of the battles, even though some of the bigger battles, it was difficult to really imagine what the hell was really going on.  How the armies were set up and all that. 

Just seemed like Sanderson didn't have an idea either since it felt like a mass of confusion. Birgitte dying made total sense.  She went back to the Horn and won't miss Gaidal Cain.

It was great that the forces of Light didn't dominate, but was pretty realistic with both sides winning some battles.  In the end, it seemed quite bleak for the Light, but they managed to win.

Olver blowing the Horn was kinda surreal.  I was like, good God Sanderson, you can't just have a kid scared out of his wits just murdered like that!!  Man, that was pretty powerful stuff.  I guess Matt died while getting healed from the daggar, cause it wasn't when he hung from the tree.  Can't think of another time he could have died.  Really should have saw that coming, I was kicking myself for that.

Maybe on a second reading I'll change my mind. Glad the ride is finally over though and no longer waiting on another book.  So, at least there's that.  Now I just have to wait a few year's for Rothfuss' next book.  lol

Rhavin killed Mat and Aviendha at the end of book four (or maybe five, it's been a while) until Rand balefried him out of existence hard enough for them to be alive again ("I'm going to kill you so hard your last ten victims make miraculous recoveries.").  That was probably the time that counted.

As for Fain, I was so happy that he basically got ganked.  Everything else was so dramatic and Wagnerian, but this hapless idjit just gets stabbed.  The only way it would have made me happier would be if Mat had stabbed him mid-monologue.

Whenever an attempt is made that not includes one side, it fails. In the LTT era, the main female AS that was left alive refused to help, and the attempt to seal the DO resulted in the taint and a failing seal.

Actually we know per RJ it was a "lucky thing" that LPD withheld the female AS's aid for that first sealing. The only difference had they been involved would have been Saidar tainted as well. 

Quite likely true, but it's possible that the result would have been a perfectly sealed bore, crazy channelers that change the world, die off, and leave a world with no channeling, since anyone showing the ability would be killed young. That could leave the world ready for a science-only based system. It might even happen quickly, since the crazy channelers would turn on each other, reducing the talented population quickly, making it easier for the regular people to finish off the rest using sheer force of numbers.

Quite likely true, but it's possible that the result would have been a perfectly sealed bore, crazy channelers that change the world, die off, and leave a world with no channeling, since anyone showing the ability would be killed young. That could leave the world ready for a science-only based system. It might even happen quickly, since the crazy channelers would turn on each other, reducing the talented population quickly, making it easier for the regular people to finish off the rest using sheer force of numbers.

Until the seal on the Bore weakens, and the Forsaken emerge with inexplicable and uncounterable powers.  Sure, technology might be substantially more advanced if human kind hadn't had magic, but I don't think it would have been able to equal what the Forsaken can do.  Also, depending on when the DO starts being able to offer the "no insanity" package to channelers the world could have been facing a lot of Dreadlords a lot earlier.  

Quite likely true, but it's possible that the result would have been a perfectly sealed bore...

Nope.

RJ

The result of this was that Lews Therin carried out his plan with only male Aes Sedai, so there were only male Aes Sedai channeling there, which was a lucky thing, because if there’d been women as well, then both saidin and saidar would have been tainted. And his plan worked, except for that one side effect of the backblast which tainted saidin and caused him and the men there with him to go mad there and then, and other male Aes Sedai to go mad slowly as they touched the Source and

began to absorb bits of the taint. But that’s why saidar was not tainted, because there were only men there channeling during this act of sealing up the Dark One’s prison.

It occoured to me after having a little more time to digest AMOL, that the best thing the nations of the old world could do is renew their oaths of loyalty to the Hawkwing Empire. If you consider the following.

1. One would assume that not all of the dark ones forces have been entirely vanquished, there was no indication that all the trollocs etc. Died after the defeat of the Dark one. Considering he is still alive, and most of the creatures of the shadow are a twisted form of other living creatures. It would be wise to consider that they still live. It would also be safe to assume that many dreadlords and Black Ajah would still be alive, by nature i woud also assume that when the tied turned a steady stream would have fled the field of battle. Condier the forces of the light had as of yet to go to the trolloc breeding grounds.

2. The Sharan's, what else can you say. They sided with the shadow!. One can't consider a sudden change of heart, and there homeland didn't suffer the effects that the old world nations did. Especially considering they sided with the shadow, that should have had some benefits. They should be able to rebuild faster and would have to be considered a threat.

3. The war in Seanchan. If Fortuona losses the victor will most likely continue the campaign to regain the old world.

4. Fortuona herself contemplated breaking the dragon's peace already, Mat had to remind her that she had made a promiss.

5. The old world nations are in no way ready for another fight, most of them will  be decades before they are recovered. Mil

lions dead, the land is starting to recover but that will take time. Armies devasted with no real hope of replacing lost numbers for years, we know most of the experienced officers were killed. The impression from Shayol Ghul would also lead you to believe that The Aiel also to enormous losses.

The best bet is to negotiate themselves back into the empire without a war, they need the Seanchan. And you

'd also have to consider that all the Surviving great captains are still compromised due to the compulsion, which leaves a great advantage in the hands of the Seanchan

It occoured to me after having a little more time to digest AMOL, that the best thing the nations of the old world could do is renew their oaths of loyalty to the Hawkwing Empire. If you consider the following.

1. One would assume that not all of the dark ones forces have been entirely vanquished, there was no indication that all the trollocs etc. Died after the defeat of the Dark one. Considering he is still alive, and most of the creatures of the shadow are a twisted form of other living creatures. It would be wise to consider that they still live. It would also be safe to assume that many dreadlords and Black Ajah would still be alive, by nature i woud also assume that when the tied turned a steady stream would have fled the field of battle. Condier the forces of the light had as of yet to go to the trolloc breeding grounds.

2. The Sharan's, what else can you say. They sided with the shadow!. One can't consider a sudden change of heart, and there homeland didn't suffer the effects that the old world nations did. Especially considering they sided with the shadow, that should have had some benefits. They should be able to rebuild faster and would have to be considered a threat.

3. The war in Seanchan. If Fortuona losses the victor will most likely continue the campaign to regain the old world.

4. Fortuona herself contemplated breaking the dragon's peace already, Mat had to remind her that she had made a promiss.

5. The old world nations are in no way ready for another fight, most of them will  be decades before they are recovered. Mil

lions dead, the land is starting to recover but that will take time. Armies devasted with no real hope of replacing lost numbers for years, we know most of the experienced officers were killed. The impression from Shayol Ghul would also lead you to believe that The Aiel also to enormous losses.

The best bet is to negotiate themselves back into the empire without a war, they need the Seanchan. And you

'd also have to consider that all the Surviving great captains are still compromised due to the compulsion, which leaves a great advantage in the hands of the Seanchan

1 - i don't think that there is a lot of trollocs , BA or dreadlors that have survived , all the FoM's purpose was to kill them all

2 - Sharan's army has been totally destroyed and particulary all their channelers ( at least all the one accepting to fight with the shadow )

3 and 4  - according to avi's vision , Fortuona will probably win the civil war and never break the dragon's peace

5 - armies are in bad shape but population ( especially women and children ) and channelers are not so bad

6 - compulsion can probably be removed and in the other side , i am pretty sure that Mat will never accept to lead his army to fight against his friends ...

but the more important problem with your idea is that  WT + BT + Andor ( with kin , dragons , cairhien and Perrin Aybara ) + Borderlanders ( under malkier ) + Aiels aka the 5 main powers in Randland  ( and probably Rand himself ) will never accept to return under seanchan domination due to the damane's problem ...

The Sharan army was only a fraction of the continent's power. According to Brandon in his Tor Chat, Demandred didn't unite every faction - "not by a long shot". 

So while Shara's forces are dented to be certain, it wouldn't be hurt to any great extent. Due to Demandred's actions and the innate chaos Rand's presence caused, the land may be split into different kingdoms/despots/lands now, however, we don't really have enough information to conclude anything. 

Also, the Sharans weren't fighting for the Shadow. They were fighting for Demandred - Bao the Wyld. They fought alongside the Shadow, and aided the Shadow certainly, but they were not Darkfriends. Misguided perhaps, but their reasons were "good". They thought that the new world would be better. 

After Demandred's death they fought only for revenge, they didn't care about the Shadow. So if there are any survivors, they aren't likely to make any trouble in regards to the Shadow. They might try and kill some people for revenge - but I doubt they would work with any Darkfriends or try to free the DO again. 

However, I suspect the distinction would be lost on the mainlanders, and they likely consider them all Darkfriends 

In fact, Demandred's actions might still cause trouble for many years - even decades - to come. If the survivors of Merrilor want to eradicate the "Darkfriend Sharans", they could very well consider going to war will ALL of Shara. Obviously I don't think they would go on a crusade to the end - most likely with time and communication, things would be worked out, but attacking Shara would cause complications that would last a long time - even after they realise they did not all fight for Demandred. Once people have fought one another, unless you have a ta'veren handy, it is often very hard to contain the enmity  Tear and Illian as the prime example. 

The Sharan army was only a fraction of the continent's power. According to Brandon in his Tor Chat, Demandred didn't unite every faction - "not by a long shot". 

So while Shara's forces are dented to be certain, it wouldn't be hurt to any great extent. Due to Demandred's actions and the innate chaos Rand's presence caused, the land may be split into different kingdoms/despots/lands now, however, we don't really have enough information to conclude anything. 

Also, the Sharans weren't fighting for the Shadow. They were fighting for Demandred - Bao the Wyld. They fought alongside the Shadow, and aided the Shadow certainly, but they were not Darkfriends. Misguided perhaps, but their reasons were "good". They thought that the new world would be better. 

After Demandred's death they fought only for revenge, they didn't care about the Shadow. So if there are any survivors, they aren't likely to make any trouble in regards to the Shadow. They might try and kill some people for revenge - but I doubt they would work with any Darkfriends or try to free the DO again. 

However, I suspect the distinction would be lost on the mainlanders, and they likely consider them all Darkfriends 

In fact, Demandred's actions might still cause trouble for many years - even decades - to come. If the survivors of Merrilor want to eradicate the "Darkfriend Sharans", they could very well consider going to war will ALL of Shara. Obviously I don't think they would go on a crusade to the end - most likely with time and communication, things would be worked out, but attacking Shara would cause complications that would last a long time - even after they realise they did not all fight for Demandred. Once people have fought one another, unless you have a ta'veren handy, it is often very hard to contain the enmity  Tear and Illian as the prime example. 

In addition to that, the Sharans were not included as a member of the Dragon's Peace, so that will likely cause problems for them in the future. Especially since the Seanchan have no qualms about taking their channelers as damane.

Guest Kelly Koffman

Imagine the end of a movie, where you have the still images of characters and "what happened to the them next" text, and here are my speculations:

• Lan and Nynaeve refound Malkier and have loads of babies, who one day are sent to train as warders, Ashaman and Aes Sedai before marrying with other royal houses, such as that of...
  • Faile and Perrin, take the throne of Saldaea, so Perrin can't be in charge of the Two Rivers or Elayne will throw a fit, so Tam stays in charge until one of Rand's offspring can take over
  • Elayne names her children with Rand after Gawyn and Egwene
  • Emarin/High Lord Algarin and Lord Baldhere find true love, whereupon the Tairen finds out exactly where his boarderland counterpart got his name.
  • Cadsuane re-establishes order and working with Logain integrates the Black and White Towers, though her reign is short...
  • Once she dies and Logain decides he finds the administrative aspects of leadership boring the groups elect a single leader, and thus Narishma follows after
  • Knotai is the only ta'veren left, and the Empress, may she live forever, decides its high time to go back to Seanchan and restore order.  She leaves Berelain in charge of the Seanchan controlled territories in the Westlands, which she rules with help from Galad, Beslan and of course...
  • Min stays behind, or else how can she take up it with her Wanderer? Interesting how she alone didn't get pregnant... RAFO, folks
  • Moghedien and Suffa enjoy long walks together
  • The King Mattin is restored to the throne of Illian, and he and Darlin occasionally rattle their swords to drum up political support, but they don't really mean it anymore, and its just not the same
  • King Roederin, feeling like he didn't really make the most of out of the Last Battle, contemplates leaving Murandy for leaderless Shara, since that turned out to be a better plan, but instead just eats away his pain
  • Loial, reflecting on his first draft, observes that the whole Fain story arc really lost its steam after book 9, and just writes a very brief ending to close it out, almost as though it were an inconvenient  after thought
  • Dannil lives a life of regret, becomes a thrill seeker, and jumps off some sea folk cliffs, but sadly chooses the lowest one in a fit of panic at the last minute
  • Cenn Buie thatches roofs, until there are no more roofs to thatch.  He never adapts his business model to incorporate new roof technologies and dies poor and miserable

This list is fabulous. Laughing out loud.

I would like to imagine things working out like this:

There will be a new Age of Legends. National borders will become less important due to the Dragon's Peace. The Seachen may or may not be successful in retaking their homeland. Either way, their culture will be changed by sustained contact with the Randland countries they control. Matt will influence Tuon and help her and her people to abandon their militaristic culture. Eventually, the damane will be released. The Aiel will settle unclaimed land around SG that was formerly called the Blasted Lands. Perrin will be something more than a High Seat of Andor, but less than a king. I mean the Two Rivers will be something like an autonomous region within Andor that runs its own internal affairs but does not have its own foreign policy or independent military. Finally, Rand and Min travel the world. He becomes something like a buddha and very rarely uses his pattern-changing power (because he believes in not upsetting the pattern unnecessarily).

I believe that the Seanchan have 'wiped out' their Shadowspawn centuries ago, not sure about Shara.

and it would be impossible for the shadow to send more?

It wouldn't - but we know that the Shadow has stopped sending Shadowspawn to the 3 Fold Land as it became known as the Dying Ground, although I'd guess this is a relatively recent event (within the last 1000 years).  But they also find it hard to force Shadowspawn into places such as Shadar Logoth as large numbers of them died there, and I believe that was during the Trolloc Wars which means 1500-2000 years ago.  They clearly have long memories for places that wipe them out...

Archived