DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

That proves Ley I think. I say we look at Smiley now that we know Ithi is scum.

Yes.  RTE, Smiley, and Maw.

You mean the person who started our only successful mafia lynch?

Good idea Darthe! At least I can trust Ley!

Yupp.  Also, we can assume that Ithi's info should be totally ignored now.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That proves Ley I think. I say we look at Smiley now that we know Ithi is scum.

Yes.  RTE, Smiley, and Maw.

You mean the person who started our only successful mafia lynch?

Good idea Darthe! At least I can trust Ley!

Actually... I started it, RTE

Christmas Day, 1940-something:

In Western Europe, the remaining British soldiers who hadn't gotten safely evacuated see a flag of truce unexpectedly fly over the German trenches. Fighters from both sides come out and begin shaking hands. Rations are traded. A few men produce flasks and pass them around. After a little time passes, someone finds a football... not one of those funny-shaped things the Yankees call a football, but a proper one. The space between lines is just big enough for a decent game, and both sides enjoy a little diversion from all the death and destruction for one day. No one seems to think of official repercussions, even though when this happened in the last war the governments had a fit and did everything they could to prevent it from happening the next years.

On the Eastern Front, it is a day like any other. The Soviet Union is officially atheist, and the Red Army troops are unwilling to ease up for a day for fear of the NKVD troops behind the lines who deal with cowardice. The Germans have no expectations of the Soviets accepting a truce for Christmas, so they mark the holiday among themselves and keep fighting, lest the enemy take advantage of a lull.

In the Pacific, on various islands, American Marines celebrate the holiday and are met by Japanese soldiers who know of Christmas. Somehow, some islands have the necessary equipment for a baseball game. The Japanese troops prove to be enthusiastic, as baseball has become quite popular in their homeland. The men form up sides, and enjoy themselves until darkness falls... except for the one game on Guadalcanal where the Japanese hit a home run and no one can find the ball. They walk back to their lines, knowing that the next day, they will be trying to kill one another all over again.

Merry Christmas everybody. :happy:

Archived