DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mafia Runners...

Moon Sedai

If anyone is interested in running a mafia game in Shayol Ghul....

After Nolder's Elves and Dwarves Game (that is currently recruiting players, by the way, check this thread out)

there will be space/time available because the next runner in the queue has asked to wait for a little while before trying his game out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lolguy, you should ask some of the veterans for help. I modded by myself for the first time, but thats bcause I had modded in real life before. Ask someone to comod with you, but if not that, then ask someone to check your setup for sure to make sure its balanced.

That's backwards. A good mod checks on the game often and keeps track of everything. Modding is more involved than playing, not less.

this, in my first game, I was actively checking what people were doing, making sure things didn't get out of hand, finding about 4 replacements, and a bunch of other stuff. Modding requires a lot of activity.

well i had exams and i didnt want to ruin the game mish, anyway how hard can modding be if i have to check that people follow the rules and post the vote count (at least i dont have to discuss anything)

In at least one of those games (Hoof's Legend of Korra game, to be specific), a good case could be argued that you did ruin the game because of your disappearance. You completely stopped posting, and you being modkilled stopped what would have been a win for your team and instead allowed the other side to get the winning lynch. This could have been avoided with an active player in your place.

If you have exams or other stuff in real life which will keep you from being an active player, it's probably better to not sign up in the first place. And if RL starts taking too much of your time, you should ask to be replaced rather than forcing your team to deal with a member who isn't pulling his weight for days on end. Especially if you have a power role that would be useful to your side, like the game where you claimed vig and then stopped posting. During this whole stretch, you were posting a lot outside of mafia. Would it have been so hard to take a few minutes and ask the mods to find a replacement for you rather than letting down your teammates? It would have taken a lot less time than the gazillion posts you made elsewhere over the same period.

Archived