DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ok, fess up

Emillith

So, I've been back for a few days now. Been mostly checking the WT Org, since that is where 90% of my time previously was spent (yes, even when I was Ogier Community Leader). But, it seems so.... empty. Is most everything in private ajah forums or offsite boards now? (Yes I joined the WT usergroup and can see the Ajah forums - but are there more than one per ajah?)

And where are the policies? Like, as a returned member what all should one do and how long is too long or how does one take back up... Seriously, after 9 years one would think these things would be clearer. :P

But then, DM never was noob friendly, and I suppose after a 4-5 year hiatus one is almost that. :\

Not really that I know of. A couple of the Ajahs seem to spend more time on their offsite boards, but I know Kath has asked that everyone try to post more here. And no, there's only one board per Ajah here.

Maybe it's quieter because of the holidays. I think it goes in waves. People are off, but also busy and/or travelling (or will be). I dunno... just thinking... lol. I also just think DM doesn't have the active members it used to. Also, since it was all RP before and now it's split, you're kind of splitting the numbers that hang on this side in half. Some people do both, but a lot stick to either Comm. or RP. A lot of people join or come back after D*Con too.

I just returned recently myself after about four years. I came back right before they moved to these boards, so actually, it's been almost a year... wow. I've stuck to the Community. I can't get back into the RP... :? As far as having to do anything, you're not obligated to do anything, especially if you were already full rank (which of course you were). Just hang out... :) If you want to get involved in and/or start projects, I'm sure you're more than welcome to.

If you're interested in something like an Ajah change since the site split and the Ajahs aren't like the books really, then you'd probably just have to talk to the Head of the Ajah you're interested in. I stayed with the Blues, but I know some people switched after the split.

You can also join as many Orgs as you want now. They're all different in what they do and how you rise in ranks.

Wow, sorry this got so long. I hope it answered one or two if your questions... lol... :)

Actually, we bust you down to jr pot scrubber and make you haul out six times your weight in pudding from the mines and then we make you do the arches and oaths things again, just to make sure the DO didn't catch you in the mines and release you from the oaths and stuff.

*nods*

*looks sideways*

What?

Oh, alright, what Jhae said is right. If you were a full ranking member, you still are, with all the rights, privledges, etc. you had before you left. blah, blah, blah.

I'm trying to talk Kath into the pudding mine thing, though... ;)

Thanks, Jhae, (and Lor and Mat) those did answer some questions. ;)

As for the pudding mines - is this code for AgeofLegends.net? If so I'm more than pulling my weight sacrificing the Spamlings on the Costume Contest Judging Table - and they are all found wanting. ;)

As for Ajahs... well, they seem muchly different than they were years ago, so before I could say anything definitive I'd have to check 'em out more. ;) Especially since I wasn't White long before I left, and that was changed from Brown.

I don't know what the activity level was back in "the good ol' days" of DM, but we do have a fair amount of active members now. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it's finals for a lot of us and many people are away for Christmas. Plus, I know we lost a few members while moving from DM 6.0 to DM 7.0.

You know, I never knew you were a White until I looked at the list of our old members in our records. There are other lists that said you were a Brown, so I was quite confused. Anyway, we would love to have you stop by and visit the Whites! There are only about 8 of us now, but we're a great group of people. :)

Or you could do something wild and out of this world - you could become a Warder! A great career move, if you ask me!

Anyway, I don't know you (since I have been here over 2 and half years now...and it seems a long time!!!), but welcome back!

You are not the only one to say things have changed! Since I have been in charge of the Band of the Red Hand (ORG), many old Banders have returned and mentioned the same stuff as you have!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling! It's always good to see old members return!

There isn't the frantic activity that there once was at DM, but if you post it they will come. Definitely take a look around the Ajahs, post and hang out... The Ajahs really seem to just draw people who get along with current members. A bunch of us communicate with one another outside of dm, via blogs and emails and etc.

Welcome back Emmie!!!! I miss you my leetle mintie! :) (yeah, I know we talk and visit outside of DM, but the place just isn't the same without you)

So you're really coming back then? Yay, I never thought I'd see the day! *g*

Anyway, people seem to have answered most of your questions. A lot of stuff has changed since The Days Of Yore. Some things are better, some are worse, but it's still DM. And you really have been missed and I'm excited to have you back! =)

<3

There never was a good ole days - there was always drama, techno glitches, whiny people "I want a personal icon!", etc. ;) Some things never change, like the good hearted people that put up with all that for the good of the community and whatever else keeps them here and pulling their hair out with eyes bleeding. ;)

Yeah, I think its official. I'm back. Holy crap.

Me? Missed? lololol That's a good joke. :P

Archived