DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Apple Users

ed2funy

Apple = more expensive than PC

Windows = more targeted for viruses than apple OS

Windows = more widely used for personal and commercial use than Apple OS (why targeted more than Mac OS)

PC with Linux = best combo (not targeted as much as Windows and cheaper hardware than Apple.

:biggrin:

"

#7 -- Linux Lames

For every 400 million Windows or Mac users on the planet there are four or five Linux users swearing blind (mostly because they can't see through their unruly facial hair) that Linux is the greatest computer operating system known to man. The Linux fanboy is usually a solitary beast, but often surfaces with some anti-corporate nonsense when Mac and Windows users are having a private conversation about a proper OS.

When the Linux fanboy isn't sticking his face where it's not wanted, he's busy catfighting with other Linux users because none of them can decide whether Ubuntu, Chromium, Yggdrasil or some other brand of pointless, super-niche Linux distribution is the flavour of the ponytailed month."

Not really a linux fanboy (heck I'm running Window's 7 on my computer right now). It's just that Windows and Mac OS are more highly targeted for viruses, and other malicious software than linux since more users run those OS systems so I'm thinking of switching to a Linux system for my next Desktop.

I'd like a droid. And I really do dislike Apple products. Almost as much as I dislike microsoft ones.

I'd like a droid too, but the plans I have been looking at all charge several times what I'm currently paying on my pay as you go plan with a dumbphone. I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $70-80 per month (voice and data combined) when I currently pay $25 every three months, and don't always use that up. Boost Mobile charges less per month, but charges full retail price for the actual phone and has a sucky coverage map. Finding an acceptable option for upgrading my phone to something worth having is making me really frustrated.

Apple = more expensive than PC

Windows = more targeted for viruses than apple OS

Windows = more widely used for personal and commercial use than Apple OS (why targeted more than Mac OS)

PC with Linux = best combo (not targeted as much as Windows and cheaper hardware than Apple.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Unfortunately, games :darkone:

Archived