DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Official] Lord of the Rings Thread

Panchi

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big LOTR fan, but my favorite scenes are all that involve Nazgul, especially the scene where Eowyn kills their leader. I also liked the whole first book of Fellowship of the ring. I read LOTR in summer 2010.

The Nazgul are brilliant, really really great baddies

There is also the mother of Shelob - Ungoliant. WOW

The Silmarillion would be like 20 3 hour movies. It would be better to read the entire series - Hobbit through Return of the King first, then tackle the Silmarillion. It will make more sense.

Has anone read Christopher Tolkiens books, the history of the LotR, that show the writing process, notes and character changes that JRR went through to get the finished product? Really cool. And the best is the Children of Hurin, that is a chronological exerpt of stories from the Silmarillion.

FANTASTIC TAINT-O-RIFFIC

I used to think Gandalf was kinda wimpy as wizards went. I'd never read the books until after I was already reading WoT, meaning I knew what true awesomeness the "Magic" type in a book could bring. But after reading more on the Silmarillion, knowing Gandalf's ranking with the Balrogs and even Sauron, he's pretty freaking awesome.

There is also the mother of Shelob - Ungoliant. WOW

The Silmarillion would be like 20 3 hour movies. It would be better to read the entire series - Hobbit through Return of the King first, then tackle the Silmarillion. It will make more sense.

Has anone read Christopher Tolkiens books, the history of the LotR, that show the writing process, notes and character changes that JRR went through to get the finished product? Really cool. And the best is the Children of Hurin, that is a chronological exerpt of stories from the Silmarillion.

FANTASTIC TAINT-O-RIFFIC

Unfortunately New Line don't have the rights to anything other than LotR and The Hobbit, so we won't be seeing any Silmarillion films any time soon. I can't see how the Silmarillion could be viable as a film at all, but some of the stories within it are fantastic, Beren and Luthien would make a brilliant film, or Turin Turambar

Archived