DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who here plays an instrument?

Tiinker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ok, and my bro is good in percussion, but no one else really... Oh yes and Nya plays guitar...

I've said that before... :tongue:

I wanna learn to sing properly :)

Mum plays a few instruments and went to a musical highschool...dad is not musical at all, except for when Knockin' On Heaven's Door is on XD

I can play my prodigious tummy to some epic drum solos. Never had an opportunity to learn to play an instrument. Poor neighborhood, poor school, poor family lol. Though if I could I would learn how to play piani.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rzfVA8cqK0

and now for Millon's inappropriate joke time. *ahemahem*

What's better than roses on a piano?

*explicit. not intended for all audiences*

Your tulips on my organ

Soooooooo... who here avidly plays an instrument? I'm a piano player and loove jazz. Though I rareely watch it, anime produces some of the most amaaa-zing music out there. It has a whole different vibe to it. And game music. Final Fantasy, Zelda, Chrono Cross, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Its5441YR_w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A-weNxKm4Q

When university kicks off this Sept. I plan on going straight to the music department and finding a violin teacher.

Anyone else a fan of this sort of thing?

Tinker, I so loathe the visual style of anime that I never bothered to leave it on long enough to listen to the music! But thanks for posting this. I do like "Just Be Friends"

I can play my prodigious tummy to some epic drum solos. Never had an opportunity to learn to play an instrument. Poor neighborhood, poor school, poor family lol. Though if I could I would learn how to play piani.

You could learn now, if you have the time and you want to put in the effort, possibly money if you want a teacher instead of teaching yourself. I did not learn how to play the violin or the pan pipes or the bodhrán until I became an adult and I had the means to get myself to a teacher to get me started, for a somewhat similar reason as you - I was schooled at home, so no way to get music from any programme, and my family was poor among other detrimental things >_>, so it was impossible to learn until I got out on my own.

Tinker, I so loathe the visual style of anime that I never bothered to leave it on long enough to listen to the music! But thanks for posting this. I do like "Just Be Friends"

Hahha! I adore the music. I've played piano for years and years but it was only when I found out about game music and anime music that my passion for it really started to kick off. What kind of 13 year old wants to hear nothing but Mozart and Bach right? From 5 till 13 it felt pretty much forced out of me but after discovering a few things off the internet I really started to fall in love with it.

Are any of you guys self-taught? My mom is a piano teacher so I've been pretty lucky like that. Mad respect for people who are self-taught. I could never imagine having to have gone through the past 14 years playing and learning all the techniques and whatnot all by myself.

Archived