DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Everyone debates who dies...who will definitely live?

joeron bigelow

Who lives?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will most definitely live to go on after a memory of light?

2 surprises in this poll to me:

- Many people thinking Loial will live. Won't the ogier all "leave earth" when their book is opened? Which would all but mean Loial's death.

- 10% of people think Mat will die? 'Too bad' he's been confirmed plentifully to live... But then, some people still believe Taimandred.

Luckers, explain yourselves :laugh:

Well, Loial lives long enough to write his book about the Dragon Reborn, since that book is quoted at the beginning of the prologue of ToM. So, the odds are pretty darned good that the Ogier don't open the Book of Translation before the Last Battle, and that Loial survives it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Many people thinking Loial will live. Won't the ogier all "leave earth" when their book is opened? Which would all but mean Loial's death.

- 10% of people think Mat will die? 'Too bad' he's been confirmed plentifully to live... But then, some people still believe Taimandred.

Can you explain about the Ogier leaving earth, please? I have no memory of that.

Yeah...maybe subconsciously I didnt include Elayne as because I really don't care if she lives or dies. Really really tired of reading about her and her politics that really have no consequence to the big picture. Maybe they do, but I just don't like the way RJ wrote his female characters. sorry to offend, but thats just how i feel. I should have included Birgitte though...kinda curious if she will die saving Mat or Elayne...

I actually don't mind Elayne. Definitely not one of my favorites but I agree about the politics thing. I read some of that in the later books and really couldn't care less. Then again, she becomes Queen of Andor and has to deal with it until the Final Battle - duty heavier than a mountain and as boring as a night at the opera.

I reckon, the whole of the last book will happen, then at the end Rand will wake up on FoM before meeting Egwene and co. Think Sod that I am not going through all that again, give the Dark One the keys to the house and car, and balefire himself so he hasnt gotta deal with everyone bugging him to save them, yet treating him like cack and not really appreciating him ;-)

okay okay that would be kinda funny but it wont happen

Can you explain about the Ogier leaving earth, please? I have no memory of that.

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/items/book_translation.html

http://encyclopaedia...ranslation.html

Thank you.

The only 3 Two Rivers folk with a chance of dying are Egwene, Nynaeve and Rand and Rand has a chance to live again.

I think if Lan dies, Nynaeve dies. Especially, if she knows he's dead going to SG. She'll probably go out in a blaze of glory.

I still maintain that Tainmandred was true but too many people figured it out too early... WAY too many 'coincidences' for it to have been a red herring.

The only 3 Two Rivers folk with a chance of dying are Egwene, Nynaeve and Rand and Rand has a chance to live again.

I think if Lan dies, Nynaeve dies. Especially, if she knows he's dead going to SG. She'll probably go out in a blaze of glory.

Egwene ain't dieing. I'd think Perrin more likely than her (and I don't think he's likely to die at all).

I still maintain that Tainmandred was true but too many people figured it out too early... WAY too many 'coincidences' for it to have been a red herring.

Except for the fact that RJ said he never intended them to be the same and was surprised when so many people linked them. I for one prefer to take him at his word and not question his honesty.

Frankly the evidence has always been interpreted a number of different ways as well.

Egwene ain't dieing. I'd think Perrin more likely than her (and I don't think he's likely to die at all).

She may not, I just think the three TRs people I mention are the only ones who may die.

@Thorum I just can't see a "Happily ever after" senario. It would'nt work with the way this series has played out IMO.

I voted for Mat, Moraine and Loial. Mat just because he's always trying to avoid a fight,well he'll get his chance and turn from a battle and live to tell the tale...fighting for Tuon to reclaim Seandar.( Where he'll eventually get killed.)

Moraine because she'll help Thom get revenge for his nephew Owen.

Loial..because somebody needs to write the book.

Elayne and avienda will certainly survive, just because the have kids. Rand has to die... and stay dead unless he takes over Moridin's body. Mat will survive as prince of Ravens. Perrin... min has a viewing of him wearing a Broken Crown, which if I remember correctly is the crown of Saldea. and Min says tenobia has a bloody spear over her head, meaning she will likely die soon, so I bet perrin will be ruler of Saldea.Moraine may survive, just because Min said she saw amazing thing in her future. Lan may survive, but it is just as likely he will not. Nynaeve will survive. no reason. I just think she will... but she could die in a link with rand and callandor... meanin Lan dies for sure. Logain will likely survive, and I think he'll be the one to kill Taim. Moridin will die somehow. whether killed or taken over by rand. Lanfear, I don't care. I'd prefer dead. Siuan, Bryne, and Talmanes survival don't matter. Loial lives, because in the ToM opening, it has an excerpt from the book, "the Dragon Roborn" talking about him addressing the stump. So, he has to live to write it. Bashere dies. Min said he saw some dark things in his future, and I expect it to be death of dramatic proportions. Fain, may survive. I feel he's involved in sealing the bore. Maybe he'll survive in some form or another to bring shadar logoth back into the third age the next time it comes around.

Personally I think Mats gonna survive so will moiraine it's pointless bring her back from the "dead" to kill her off again right away, Elayne I'd gonna survive bcoz her hasn't had her babies yet Aviendha's gonna survive so she can have Rands bambinos Logain's gonna survibe and the black tower gonna survive as well the big question is whether or not Lan and Nyneave survive

Archived