DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Everyone debates who dies...who will definitely live?

joeron bigelow

Who lives?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will most definitely live to go on after a memory of light?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, from things RJ has said, we know of a few that will surive aMoL.

Mat and Tuon will, since he was going to write another book about them going back to Seanchan after the LB.

Aviendha is supposedly in the last scene of the book, I mean, she could die in it, but I would say the last scene nobody will die.

Bela survives.

Who'll live:

Mat: RJ confirmed he'll stay alive

Perrin, Egwene, Elayne: why give them a job afterwards, and then kill them off?

Bela: it would be silly NOT to let her live.

I mainly hope it'll not be a typically American "and they all lived happily ever after" kind of ending.

I think RJ introduces alot of characters who are expendible. Look at Verin for instance, a huge influence in the story who had to die in order to move events along. I expect alot of named characters to die once TG gets under way, it is the ones you never heard of that will probably survive.

Though, I think of the horribly tragic Sarah scene and will be expecting anyone new who has a name in aMoL will be killed off, probably in a way that breaks my heart (or maybe not with BS's bluntness).. Everything will be a surprise is what I am saying I guess.

Bela: it would be silly NOT to let her live.

Didn't BS have a tweet or FB post that he had a hard time writing a section that killed someone off? My first reaction to his statement was that Bela got killed off. For some reason, I could handle anyone else getting killed off, but Bela would hurt.

Someone has to die... the way it looks now the light is an unstoppable Juggernaut to the shadow. They have more channelers, better soldiers and in almost the same quantity as the shadow (unless the dark one can magic up 10-20 million trollocs somehow)

As it is the Light really hasnt lost anyone during the course of the first 12 books. Except for the whole messing with weather part, this world does tend to make the dark one seem kinda lame. I mean I read the books and don't want the shadow to win, but its never even really been close. The only ones that have ever been in danger are minor characters that have marginal impact and even then they more often than not make it out alive and no worse the wear.

I mean if they wanted chaos to rule and humanity to be cowed then the turn of evens should have been:

EotW happens

Forsaken wake up and Ishy tells them whats going on in the world.

Forsaken and the 200 Black Ajah (1/5th the current Aes Seadai) turn the white tower into a crater.

Forsaken take control of cities they want and turn the rest into craters (mostly in the borderlands)

Trollocs invade in mass

Humanity is now scattered and crushed as major population centers have been leveled and the white tower made ineffective and destroyed. Only random AS that were out of the tower survive anyways. By the time Rand has even taken the sword that's not a sword then the world is leveled and they can focus on killing the wonder girls, the taveren boys, and then with the dragon by himself with nothing but a few left with him and the sword, they can take their time breaking him and turning him to the shadow.

All they have done so far is pretty much lose at every turn. So if the shadow doesn't step up its game i don't see how anyone would ever take them serious. I mean personally sure they can kill you, but as a group they seem pretty lame and i really don't see how they ever half way won even during the AoL as they would have been doing the same back biting uselessness and scheming against each other instead of focusing on the goal. Some of that is to be expected, but they are a shining example of useless as they look now.

All they have done so far is pretty much lose at every turn. So if the shadow doesn't step up its game i don't see how anyone would ever take them serious. I mean personally sure they can kill you, but as a group they seem pretty lame and i really don't see how they ever half way won even during the AoL as they would have been doing the same back biting uselessness and scheming against each other instead of focusing on the goal. Some of that is to be expected, but they are a shining example of useless as they look now.

To take a page from Verin's book, the battle with the Shadow isn't about what Rand thinks it is about. It is entirely different.

Without rambling on with a big post (if someone creates a topic, I would post something more) basically, your idea is not compatible with the goals of the Shadow. It was not the intention of the DO. Your views on the fight with the Shadow are mistaken. Channelling strength and brute force play a minor role in this battle.

Edit: ehh, sorry it sounds pretty blunt, not meaning to offensive here. :smile:

Bela dies as she is actually the Pale Horse in the book of revelations thus in order to defeat the DO Bela must DIE!!!! Seriously though that horse needs to drop Siuan and break both their necks followed by a Bryne kamikaze attack on Gawyn. Can't stand Gawyn.

Of the big three, I think Perrin is the most likely candidate to die.

If Lan dies, Nynaeve will be one of the most tragic characters in any book I've read.

Moiraine just came back from the dead. Why kill her off again?

Bashere and Tenobia will die, making way for Faile to crowned Queen of Saldea.

Suin and Gareth lived through the Bloodknife attack. That was their moment of mortality, so they will live.

Logain will live and take the mantel of leading the Asha'men post Last Battle.

Where is the quote that Avi will be in the last scene?

Yeah...maybe subconsciously I didnt include Elayne as because I really don't care if she lives or dies. Really really tired of reading about her and her politics that really have no consequence to the big picture. Maybe they do, but I just don't like the way RJ wrote his female characters. sorry to offend, but thats just how i feel. I should have included Birgitte though...kinda curious if she will die saving Mat or Elayne...

2 surprises in this poll to me:

- Many people thinking Loial will live. Won't the ogier all "leave earth" when their book is opened? Which would all but mean Loial's death.

- 10% of people think Mat will die? 'Too bad' he's been confirmed plentifully to live... But then, some people still believe Taimandred.

Luckers, explain yourselves :laugh:

Archived