DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WHAT DID YOU SAY? - things that characters might finally find out

Grimmauld

Moiraine is 44 as of the last books, while Thom is in his late 60s. The Warder bond helps keep the Warder in good shape until old age, but I'm not actually sure it makes him live longer (apart from the benefit of being in good health in your late years).

It doesn't; RJ said so. He said they don't slow either, and then basically said the rest of what you said.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited for Rand and Perrin to run into Birgitte again. And to see Birgitte's response in seeing Lews Therin reborn.

Also, I'm wondering how Egwene will handle running into Seta again. She becomes pretty unhinged just thinking about Seanchan. Running into one of her old Leash Holders should set her off.

Moiraine is 44 as of the last books, while Thom is in his late 60s. The Warder bond helps keep the Warder in good shape until old age, but I'm not actually sure it makes him live longer (apart from the benefit of being in good health in your late years).

It doesn't; RJ said so. He said they don't slow either, and then basically said the rest of what you said.

Thanks for that. I didn't know that.

Maybe Moiraine and Siuan will get back together after their Warders are gone, and live happily ever after on a farm with a bunch of cats. :laugh:

Lol.

I actually really like Moiraine. She's got soul. I just finished the scene where she pushes Lanfear through the doorway for the 1st time in ay least 8 years - likely more. That and the scene just after where Rand reads her note are among my favorites. If she dies, I hope she dies kicking ass. If she lives, I hope she get some happiness in return for her hard work.

Wait, hasn't Min told Rand about Elayne's children by now? I think he already knows...

That would seem to be the logical thing to do. But apparently there is no clear-cut evidence that Rand knows he'll be the father of Andor's future rulers. Aviendha knows and so do the Wise Ones. And I would think one of them would have told Rand.

I'm waiting for AMoL to see if he did know or not!

Rand definitely doesn't know. He has learned some important things off screen, but I don't think RJ would do that one off screen. The girls seemed to come to a quick if unspoken understanding that Rand's over-protectiveness would magnify to degrees beyond merely annoying were he to be told.

I'd like it if Morgase, Moiraine, and Siuan sat down and acknowledged their er romantic entanglement.

That would be amusing! Moiraine and Siuan pick up Morgase's ex's; and she falls for her bodyguard! There was a small episode in that sense when Thom entered Salidar and Bryne took him to play a game of stones.

I'd like it if Morgase, Moiraine, and Siuan sat down and acknowledged their er romantic entanglement.

That would be amusing! Moiraine and Siuan pick up Morgase's ex's; and she falls for her bodyguard! There was a small episode in that sense when Thom entered Salidar and Bryne took him to play a game of stones.

Yes! That's one of my favorite instances. I guess the men could join in to make it extra delightful.

Teehee... that is one fine mess.

Morgase

Thom

Gareth

Siuan

Moiraine

As far as I know, everyone of these have slept with two of the others. That would be how many combinations? My head hurts.

Morgase has had 4 known husbands and lovers

Thom has had many more: Morgase, girl in Cairhien, girls in Tar Valon, Riselle, (maybe) Aludra, and Moiraine

Gareth slept with Morgase; but not yet with Siuan

Siuan and Moiraine seem to have had only one partner each, and not sure if the relationship moved to sleeping yet.

But it is a fine mess of relationships. A gathering of those five with Tallanvor present would be pretty funny.

Edit: Nice star, Terez! It takes the concept of "pillow friend" towards a physical dimension.

RJ said that pillow friends implies a very sexual relationship.

Edit: I see you meant they hadn't yet moved to sex with the men. Sorry, used to people thinking pillow friends is an innocent term. I'd say both couples probably didn't waste much time though.

RJ said that pillow friends implies a very sexual relationship.

Edit: I see you meant they hadn't yet moved to sex with the men. Sorry, used to people thinking pillow friends is an innocent term. I'd say both couples probably didn't waste much time though.

Yeah, I guess pillow friends in an all-female club of very strong and healthy members, with male partners frowned upon, would lead to "pillow-friend-ing!"

As to Siuan, I thought that she was appreciative that Gareth was willing to wait for her to be ready for a complete relationship. Moiraine hasn't had time to do much with Thom yet. But I'm sure they'll be married "proper" at the earliest possible chance ... pretty much like Nynaeve.

Eh, Mat purposefully took off to give them privacy; I personally wouldn't be surprised if they didn't waste time.

Privacy to talk and privacy for himself to think about his circumstances after leaving the snakes and foxes. She's a lady and he's a courtier. They don't strike me as a couple who'd do something like that right there. And then there is her state of health after the imprisonment. She may need to recuperate from that tedious experience.

Regardless, they're married and their witness is the Prince of the Ravens regardless whether the rest of the details come sooner or later.

I'm curious what will happen if Logain and Egwene meet up again and he thanks her for letting him escape in front of several other AS. It might be amusing.

I want to think Thom isn't quite as old as that... I can't remember if there's any specific reference to determine his age.

How do you think the AS will react to Perrin's army being equiped with new power wrought weaponry?

I should think everyone fighting for the light should be pretty happy about that turn of events. It's a fairly monumental step forward and no coincidence that it was a hammer obviously. With TG approaching it is no time to worry about the second oath.

How do you think the AS will react to Perrin's army being equiped with new power wrought weaponry?

I should think everyone fighting for the light should be pretty happy about that turn of events. It's a fairly monumental step forward and no coincidence that it was a hammer obviously. With TG approaching it is no time to worry about the second oath.

no AS involved so its not their worry.

I'm not sure anyone mentioned this but Rand knows Morgase is alive Tam tells him at the end of the Gathering Storm. I think Rand knows that Galad is his half brother, he knows or at least suspects that is mother was Teagrain, from the questions he asks about how the royal houses in Andor are related. I think he was a little afraid that he was in love with a cousin, and is very relieved to learn that if the royal houses were commoners then they wouldn't be considered related at all. I think that it will come out they're related though. The way Barlain wants to tie herself in some way to the Dragon Reborn, she might dig out that they're half bothers another excuse for her to marry Galad...I can see something like that happening anyway.

I would say that Moiraine learned something of her relationship with Thom form Min that's seems most likely anyway. Will be interesting to see how Rand takes Moiraine being alive, and that he's a father.

One thing I would like to see he is Nyneave's reaction to a man healing the two AS that Rand Stilled in LoC, and the realization that a man healing a women restores her fully and a women healing a man restores him fully.

Archived