DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WHAT DID YOU SAY? - things that characters might finally find out

Grimmauld

I'm not sure anyone mentioned this but Rand knows Morgase is alive Tam tells him at the end of the Gathering Storm. I think Rand knows that Galad is his half brother, he knows or at least suspects that is mother was Teagrain, from the questions he asks about how the royal houses in Andor are related. I think he was a little afraid that he was in love with a cousin, and is very relieved to learn that if the royal houses were commoners then they wouldn't be considered related at all. I think that it will come out they're related though. The way Barlain wants to tie herself in some way to the Dragon Reborn, she might dig out that they're half bothers another excuse for her to marry Galad...I can see something like that happening anyway.

I would say that Moiraine learned something of her relationship with Thom form Min that's seems most likely anyway. Will be interesting to see how Rand takes Moiraine being alive, and that he's a father.

One thing I would like to see he is Nyneave's reaction to a man healing the two AS that Rand Stilled in LoC, and the realization that a man healing a women restores her fully and a women healing a man restores him fully.

I think it's possible this already happened, but off screen. Damer Flinn and Nyneave are both at Algarin's Manor in KoD. It seems a low chance that anyone would keep it secret. I doubt she realizes the rule of opposites though.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure anyone mentioned this but Rand knows Morgase is alive Tam tells him at the end of the Gathering Storm. I think Rand knows that Galad is his half brother, he knows or at least suspects that is mother was Teagrain, from the questions he asks about how the royal houses in Andor are related. I think he was a little afraid that he was in love with a cousin, and is very relieved to learn that if the royal houses were commoners then they wouldn't be considered related at all. I think that it will come out they're related though. The way Barlain wants to tie herself in some way to the Dragon Reborn, she might dig out that they're half bothers another excuse for her to marry Galad...I can see something like that happening anyway.

I would say that Moiraine learned something of her relationship with Thom form Min that's seems most likely anyway. Will be interesting to see how Rand takes Moiraine being alive, and that he's a father.

One thing I would like to see he is Nyneave's reaction to a man healing the two AS that Rand Stilled in LoC, and the realization that a man healing a women restores her fully and a women healing a man restores him fully.

I think it's possible this already happened, but off screen. Damer Flinn and Nyneave are both at Algarin's Manor in KoD. It seems a low chance that anyone would keep it secret. I doubt she realizes the rule of opposites though.

Then again, we have WoT's infamous communication problems .... The general perception is that Rand doesn't know he's father to Elayne's babes. Min, who sleeps with him, hasn't told him, apparently :rolleyes:

The ahaman was flinn. As some people speculate that nynaeve will heal rands death as it seems to have been foreshadowed, do you think that if it happens it will be done in a circle with flinn? It wouldn't seem right otherwise

That would make a lot of sense, but Flinn doesn't seem like a major enough character to do something that monumental. I can't think of any male channelers that would be more likely to do this though except for Logain (who maybe gains glory by saving Rand?).

It would be nice to see Rand tell the assembled leaders that Ishamael is alive. They deserve to know, especially the channelers, and I'm interested in seeing their reactions.

Does the world actually know that he was dead at one point? I mean, even Rand for the longest time thought that Ishmael was the DO, and the only connection we have between Ishy and Balzamon is something Egwene speculated at the end of TDR (i think). Also, is it ever confirmed to Rand that Ishy and Moridin are the same person? I don't have the book in front of me, I know that Moridin and Rand talk in a dream, but does Moridin explicitly say he is Ishy?

The ahaman was flinn. As some people speculate that nynaeve will heal rands death as it seems to have been foreshadowed, do you think that if it happens it will be done in a circle with flinn? It wouldn't seem right otherwise

That would make a lot of sense, but Flinn doesn't seem like a major enough character to do something that monumental. I can't think of any male channelers that would be more likely to do this though except for Logain (who maybe gains glory by saving Rand?).

It would be nice to see Rand tell the assembled leaders that Ishamael is alive. They deserve to know, especially the channelers, and I'm interested in seeing their reactions.

Does the world actually know that he was dead at one point? I mean, even Rand for the longest time thought that Ishmael was the DO, and the only connection we have between Ishy and Balzamon is something Egwene speculated at the end of TDR (i think). Also, is it ever confirmed to Rand that Ishy and Moridin are the same person? I don't have the book in front of me, I know that Moridin and Rand talk in a dream, but does Moridin explicitly say he is Ishy?

Yes and no in the dream Rand starts to call him Ishy and Moridin stops him before he can even utter the first sylibal saything like THAT is not my name. But Rand goes on to say weather it is or not your still him or something very similer. So Moridin never explicityly says he's Ishy because he refusses to be called by that name since being reborn. It was actually in that conversation that I started to wonder if maybe Moridns Conviction to the DO is as strong as everybody thinks it is he seems troubled, resigned to the fact that the Dark one might win and knowing deep down that if he does everybody loses...he says something along the lines of the only hoping being to join with him and rule for a time...as if he knows that what's really going to happen is that even the DO closest servants will be betrayed and destroyed in the end. I think Rand is partly wrong in the fact that he needs to use both half's of the Source to seal the DO up again I think that will only wind up tainting both half's...Lews Tharin said something along that lines that SOMETHING has to touch the DO during the process and he was able to taint the sealing because Sidean was touching him...I think in the end what will be touching the Dark one during the sealing Process will be the True Power...it's already tainted by the Dark One so he can't taint it...I just don't know if it will be Rand weilding through his connection with Moridin or if it will be Moridin him self....anyway I ramble on to continue...

Then again, we have WoT's infamous communication problems .... The general perception is that Rand doesn't know he's father to Elayne's babes. Min, who sleeps with him, hasn't told him, apparently :rolleyes:

I would have agree with the communication problems...I'm actually curios weather or not a linked circle could do something more maybe completely heal a woman that was Stilled and the healed by another women to channel agian...or perhaps return somebody to their former strength such Moiranne (sorry If I spelled her name wrong) after her stay in the ToG, would be intersted to see or know if it could be done. I know Suin is comfortable with her lower status now, but would she really refuse if there was a chance she could be returned to her former strength in the power? Interesting speculation there if nothing else, and I really hope to at the very least see Nyneave's reaction to a doing the same thing she did...I can't see her sitting still and letting a man take credit for being the first to discover a way to heal being severed, at the very least I can see her arguing the point that she discovered it first...Childish I know but, I think we all know it's not beyond her.

Archived