DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

Doubt Nya is the last scum. Lily was sheeping the hell out of me yesterday.

Eh, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't really trust your scumdar at this point.

Actually, change that. Take it the wrong way Wombat.

:darkone:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samus had grown to like Link. He was a cool dude and seemed to share a lot the same traits that Samus had developed over the years. He was resourceful, scoured everywhere he went for secrets, and was an all around formidable fighter. Shame he was always going after that Princess Zelda, she could see herself with Link. He trusted her and that meant the world to her. She wished she could share the secrets of her soul with him, but Samus doubted he'd understand. You see, she had been out one day responding to a distress signal in a Phazon infested sector and had stumbled across a machine... the machine shot out a dark cloud at her and her suit became infected with Phazon. Slowly, yet surely she began to change. She could feel the power of the Phazon. The Dark power. She learned that Bowser and Ganondorf had been controlling it and began to serve them...

... but at the same time... something about herself remained pure. She wanted to help Link. Help him to survive... she lasted so long, having betrayed others that served Bowser and Ganon to protect Link. But now it was too late. She knew that Falco was coming for after they had killed off his partner Fox. There was nothing she could do... Link suggested that this night they not go out to destroy evil, that it was nearly gone and they didn't need to be involved after hours anymore. They'd done good. But Samus knew he was coming... she knew Link must survive. So she ignored him.

Samus set out in the night looking for Falco as Falco looked for her. They knew the path to each others apartments and predictable met in the middle. When the saw each other, Falco raised his blaster and Samus raised her Cannon arm... "Not like this..." Falco said. Samus nodded. They headed to the battle grounds...

----------------------------------------------

250px-MasterHandBrawl.jpg

What the.... Hey! What are you two doing out here on the battle grounds? Don't you know it is after hours? Fight again in the morning when everyone is around! This isn't fair to the other combatants! If you do not head back right now, I will be forced to remove you myself.

---------------------------------------------------

Samus and Falco stood facing each other in the dark. Master Hand loomed in the air above them. Then they began to fight. Falco started shooting his blaster over and over as her ran towards Samus. Samus used her grappling hook to jump out of the way. Meanwhile Master Hand descended on both of them, ready to do the dirty work himself... he reached for Falco...

... and Samus turned a Super Missile towards Master Hand. Falco saw this and looked up as it hit Master Hand, who began writhing in pain. He knew what he had to do. He got on the radio and contacted his crew... in a few minutes as Master Hand started to recover two Arwings appeared in the skies and dropped a few bombs right onto Master Hand and Samus. He was weakening... so was Samus.

Samus had been caught in the Arwing blast and her suit began to give out. Her visor was cracked and she was having a hard time breathing. She didn't have much time and decided to bring out her biggest weapon. She activated her suit's ball function and rolled herself up. Then she set the Super Bomb.

beep.... beep.... beep....

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

The world turned white. The explosion rocked her world and with that she died hoping to have ended this madness once and for all.

Falco tried to shield his eyes from the whiteness of the blast rushing towards him, but it was too late... he knew his time had come.

250px-Dark_Samus_mp3_Artwork.jpg

Nyanna - Samus Aran Dark Samus - Mafia Symp Killer was NK'd

hidden04.jpg

Despo - Falco Lombardi - Town Mirror was NK'd

falco.jpg

Team Star Fox has been defeated.

--------------------------------------

What seemed like hours later, the whiteness faded to a pale purple and pink, then it was gone. There was a huge crater where the battlefield had been. Samus and Falco were no more, and Master Hand lay motionless in the pit. His fingers started to move.... barely, he began to pick himself up....

mario.jpg

Darthe - Mario - Vanilla Town w/ 1UP stepped towards the crater looking at Master Hand rising slowly from the dust and got his fireballs ready...

link.jpg

Wombat - Link - Town Vig readied his bow and arrow aiming directly at his palm...

diddykong.jpg

Ironeyes - Diddy Kong - Town Roleblocker pulled out his Peanut Pistols and turned on his Jetpack ready to strike...

kirby.jpg

Lily - Kirby- Town Absorber, having absorbed Bowser previously, prepared a flaming fire attack...

lucas.jpg

and David - Lucas - Town Cop readied his mind for a blast of PK Starstorm.

They had each lost friends to this thing... it was time to end it now. Master Hand looked over and began to laugh as destruction rained down on him. When the smoke cleared... he was no more. Crazy hand watched from a distance...

Congratulations! Town has Won!

Nyanna has Won for keeping Wombat Alive!

Andrew has Won for keeping Darthe Alive!

Okay! That was fun!

General Setup:

A few things. This wasn't fully a recruitment game. There was only 1 recruit (JohnSnow), the rest were seeded from the middle of Day 1.

When the game started, everyone was town (except for Rand and AJ), each team was designed as a town team. Then through some random selections, 4 people were chosen to "become dark" about midway through Day 1. Each of these people became mafia at that point.

I did this because I wanted everyone to be Mason's proper. Calling you Neighbors would have been a dead giveaway right from the start. So in order to not lie, everyone started out as town and true Mason's. Even after conversion to Mafia, they still retained a secondary win condition of being able to win if their partner stayed alive. Some played that angle really well (Nyanna) and others blew away their partner as soon as they could (Nolder).

Mistakes:

I called the Tracker role Watcher.... blech.

I accidentally gave Darthe a NK.

The NK's were for when a partner was lynched only. I had written Andrew's alignment into the Day scene and my brain thought he had been lynched for some reason.

Okay! That was fun!

General Setup:

A few things. This wasn't fully a recruitment game. There was only 1 recruit (JohnSnow), the rest were seeded from the middle of Day 1.

When the game started, everyone was town (except for Rand and AJ), each team was designed as a town team. Then through some random selections, 4 people were chosen to "become dark" about midway through Day 1. Each of these people became mafia at that point.

I did this because I wanted everyone to be Mason's proper. Calling you Neighbors would have been a dead giveaway right from the start. So in order to not lie, everyone started out as town and true Mason's. Even after conversion to Mafia, they still retained a secondary win condition of being able to win if their partner stayed alive. Some played that angle really well (Nyanna) and others blew away their partner as soon as they could (Nolder).

I started to have a feeling you may have done something like that after Lenlo flipped town. Idk about calling people Masons when you know 4 of them are going to be converted D1 though. Technically not lying, but still kinda evil.

Y'know, we could've just settled this a long time ago if the cops had just frikkin viewed Nya and Wombat instead of me and my partner 20 bajillion times in a row.

When oh when will yall learn to just trust me?

You want me to trust you?

Get used to disappointment. :wink:

True that Wombat... was a bit evil... but anything else woulda been a dead giveaway.

Balance Issues:

The allowing of quoting was kinda an experiment. It didn't end up accomplishing much for town, which is what I'd intended. I didn't think people would start quoting the entire freaking thing, but meh. The worst thing that came out of it was Rand and AJ weren't able to think of a good fake claim. It kinda caught them off guard since there was like 20 pages a day getting posted.

Altogether it worked out better than I honestly thought. I was worried for a bit there but that was kinda the mafia's fault for tying themselves together so tightly.

The 4 seeds were all Symps. They only knew Rand and AJ and the character name of one other Symp (i.e. Nolder knew Captain Falcon was symp, but not who Captain Falcon was). Mafia had the ability to "find" them each night. As they found their teammates, they would have gained their powers for use. Nolder's Lightning Bolt which was essentially a mass roleblock for example. If Nyanna had been recruited mafia would have gotten a permanent NK. Obviously Andrew had a chance to use the 1Up. Captain Falcon gained mafia the use of the extra vote. It allowed them to basically hijack these powers from the town teams. Though that never really happened.

Mod Thread:

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/EcN8znBf2L5T

Action Tracker:

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/gfqFgNJinhvP

Dead Thread:

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/FrsFMHMTQxf

The rest of the QT's can be linked to via the Mod Thread. If anyone is opposed to having their QT out there, let me know and I'll remove the links, but unless I hear otherwise they are being released.

Archived