DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For people who don't feel like going to the QT:

Setup:

Team Battle. Everyone is on a team. Nobody knows this. Each team has a shared ability that is diminished if the teammate dies.

Mafia team is split up and Bowser/Ganon must discover teammates to be able to communicate with them. Each Symp knows the character identity of another. Symp teammates have incentive to keep their town partners alive as an alternate win condition.

Extra kill given to a partner of the deceased (i.e. If Kirby dies, Meta-Knight gets a 1-Shot Vig shot). If both partners are dead, no extra kill is given.

~72-96 Hour Days

~48 Hour Nights

Mafia:

1. Bowser - 1x Force Recruit while both live

2. Ganon - 1 dies, discover minions

---

Symps

3. Pokemon Trainer (Team Rocket) - Possible use of Lightening Rod role

4. Luigi (Dark - Paper Mario) - Possible use of Extra Life

5. Cpt. Falcon - Possible use of Vote Control

6. Samus (Dark) - Possible use of NK

(Primary: Win when Bad Guys have majority vote)

(Secondary for Symps: Your teammate is alive at endgame)

-----

Survivors:

1. Sonic (Commuter while both are alive)

2. Snake (1 dies, become Vengeful SK)

--------

Town:

1. Mario

2. Peach

3. Zelda

4. Olimar

5. Ness

6. Lucas

7. DK

8. Diddy K

9. Fox

10. Falco

11. Pikachu

12. Link

13. Kirby

14. Meta-Knight

15. Game & Watch

16. ROB

(Win when all Bad Guys have been eliminated) *Note, this does not count survivors.

1. Mario (1-Up: A shared extra life. Alive teammate can choose to revive first dead or save it for themselves)

*Luigi

2. Ness (Psychic: Cop)

Lucas (When 1 dies, becomes 50% Cop)

3. Donkey Kong (Barrel: Roleblock someone)

Diddy Kong (When 1 dies, roleblock becomes 50% effective)

4. Fox (Energy Shield: Mirror's NA back to sender)

Falco (When 1 dies, Mirror becomes ineffective against Offensive attacks)

5. *Bowser (Intimidate: Discover Minions, join your QT)

*Ganondorf (1x Forceable Conversion if both alive)

6. Pikachu (Lightening Rod: Makes following cycle Vanilla, 2X use)

*Trainer (1 dies, one use is removed)

7. Link (Attack: NK)

*Samus (1 dies, becomes 50% effective)

8. Kirby (Absorber: Sucks in NA, can use it the following night)

Meta-Knight (1 dead, NA effect becomes unknown)

9. R.O.B (Observe: Watcher)

Mr. Game & Watch (1 dies, can only see if person moved at night)

10. Sonic (Hide/Run: Commuter)

Snake (1 dies, becomes Vengeful SK)

11. Peach (Heal: Doctor Role)

Zelda (1 dies, becomes 50%)

12. Olimar (Command: Phantom Vote, change the vote as many times as you want)

*Falcon (1 dies, Vote Control)

I'm never going to allow quoting of anything I say like I did this game again. It was a purposeful experiment in a game where it wouldn't completely destroy the game. Still wasn't a fan.

Feedback and thoughts on the game are greatly appreciated.

Y'know, we could've just settled this a long time ago if the cops had just frikkin viewed Nya and Wombat instead of me and my partner 20 bajillion times in a row.

When oh when will yall learn to just trust me?

You want me to trust you?

Get used to disappointment. :wink:

:biggrin:

Seriously tho, I know I come off as a little scummy, but that's semi-intentional so that I can survive longer. The games where you think you can trust me... now THOSE are the games I'm most likely playing you!

:wink:

Ahhhhhhh

Vurry interesting mechanic there BG

So yeah, we were kinda both right. There were no actual mixed teams to start the game, but some of them became mixed very quickly. BG is evil.

Agreed. :P

I'm never going to allow quoting of anything I say like I did this game again. It was a purposeful experiment in a game where it wouldn't completely destroy the game. Still wasn't a fan.

Feedback and thoughts on the game are greatly appreciated.

Booo on quoting of pm's. Goes against the spirit of the game, and as you said, it's not like it really gave either side an advantage.

Also, I kinda didn't like how you semi-confirmed a couple of people from the flavor scenes. If I was scum I woulda been kinda po'd at that, especially in Darthe's case. He was playing kinda scummy before that, imo...

Other than that, I think it was a great job, and cool use of various roles

Mwahaha this was awesome. Sorry Despo, I just couldn't resist... :P

Actually I'd suspected I was the last scum for a while, and it was pretty much useless to think of scum winning this still. I toyed with the idea of revealing, so I'd be killed and Womby was still safe lol, but ending this delightful head-breaking debate so early seemed lane :tongue:

Better to go down in a blaze of glory. That scene was epic BG!

The whole game was awesome, I had a great time. Of course being scum/knowing what was going on it was less frustrating for me than you townies - I admit I sat there cackling evilly sometimes XD

The setup was nifty, full of surprises and kept everyone on their toes. Cool!

Thanks very much for le epic game BG and Ithi!! :D

Here is my favorite quote of the game courtesy of Nolder in the Mafia QT:

"I really really REALLY hope the town lynches Basel. That would clear BOTH of you while getting rid of Basel. They'll probably blame Des and lynch him before lynching me so even if I go down two townies will go down before me. This is just what we need to happen. Whoever Captain Falcon is better realize we need his vote on Basel."

Ok so you guys will understand my strategy that I was going for, I had intended to build alot of animosity to get run up on day 2 reveal Dreamland Mason Meta Knight (I had not figured out the multi mason team thing at the start of this plan so it would have backfired on me) but I had intended my reveal to completely take me off the town radar as scum so that the mafia would NK me obviously this was also flawed as they didn't have a regular NK, the other flaw in this plan that I had thought of before starting was the possibility of a Vig, I was taking a gamble on whether I would live night 1 as we could only absorb every other night. In theory this plan was sound but the setup was not right for it.

Yes, but the next day she suddenly went "oooh, that was a maf conversion. Alright, let's lynch John."

She did that by process of elimination when she realized she hadn't been targeted by any townie powers

*sigh* something she probably should have thought of before she targeted me.

Yes, but the next day she suddenly went "oooh, that was a maf conversion. Alright, let's lynch John."

She did that by process of elimination when she realized she hadn't been targeted by any townie powers

*sigh* something she probably should have thought of before she targeted me.

problem with that is, it would have been used on Lily if she had not used it.

Archived