DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bloody Kiwis!

Roxinos

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats funny cause Americans don't sound like each other and Canadians don't sound like each other once your out if state/province <.<.

But then I've talked to one kiwi and a few Aussies and I can hear the difference....

I support everything about the title of this thread, regardless of what else occurs in it.

That being said, I sound nothing like anyone else.

Toss Southern with a dash of British and me attempting to just have a plain voice with no accent, and you get me.

I support everything about the title of this thread, regardless of what else occurs in it.

:dry:

:tongue:

I only sound kiwi when talking with people who have real kiwi accents, because I involuntarily adapt to accents when talking :facepalm:

I've been told I sound British, and American before...well at least I never get comments like "ahhh I figured English wasn't your first language cos your accent sounds German" :laugh:

you need to stop watching kids in the hall reruns immediately.

No, it's more from living this close to Canada. :wink: I think Dave Barry once called Canada an entire nation that talks like Buffalo.

oh, the humanity... and they don't even get the benefit of wings.

I am from the American South, raised in the "Great State of Georgia."

My voice sounds, well... Partially southern, but not Deep South.

I've been told that I don't sound South, actually.

This is on purpose. I make a point to sound more midwest/not from the Redneck South.

I mask my accent because I don't want to sound like a "Dumb Southern Blonde"

UNTILL

I get either REALLY Drunk or REALLY Angry, or exhausted.

THEN, the accent shows up.

I commonly get told that I have a Nova Scotian accent, though I've also heard Scottish, Irish, British (Bristol specifically, today) and Newfie. Apparently for all that I've lived in Ontario for all my life, I do not sound like I belong here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived