DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Faction Symbols - A pondering and offering of Siggys maybe

If there was a perfect image or symbol to identify your faction, what would it be? Is there a phrase that would also perfectly suit it?

We are all in the Black Tower and we have that and the Dragon's Fang. Plus we also have the Black Coat, Sword and Dragon pins that identify us as being members of this awesome social group, but what about our Factions of Shadows and Light?

I'm in a siggy making mood, but need a little bit of inspiration.

If you could have the perfect siggy to represent your Faction, what would it say and what images would be on it? I'm an equal opportunity siggy maker, so Lighties - don't be afraid to speak up as well as you Shadows.

:biggrin:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... this is a question I have pondered. The Shadow does not have much symbolism. Strange since RJ was big on symbols and crest/coat-of-arms'.

Usually there are sigils or 'marks of evil' for the bad guys.

Perhaps... something representing the themes of evil in WoT.... like a broken yin-yang framed by a dark purple spiral, the broken seals and the Great Lord's evil emanating from it

Or a broken, flaming wheel

Or a half-black half-white skull, splitting in half from crown to chin, the death of balance.

Ooh ooh ooh!

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Shai'tan Shayol Ghul wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Shai'tan fhtagn!

It means "in his house at Shayol ghul Shai'tan lies dreaming/waiting". Fhtagn means "waiting/dreaming" specifically.

It is a Call of Cthulu reference, for the less nerdy amongst us :)

Hmmm... this is a question I have pondered. The Shadow does not have much symbolism. Strange since RJ was big on symbols and crest/coat-of-arms'.

Usually there are sigils or 'marks of evil' for the bad guys.

Perhaps... something representing the themes of evil in WoT.... like a broken yin-yang framed by a dark purple spiral, the broken seals and the Great Lord's evil emanating from it

Or a broken, flaming wheel

Or a half-black half-white skull, splitting in half from crown to chin, the death of balance.

red = epic!!!

and hoof dont start that cult of Cthulu again!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Archived