DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

I wasn't calling for focusing on inactives, quit twisting my words. I said I'd like to hear from them, twice. Other than that, nada. I get the feeling the only reason they haven't been replaced is they're active on their QT.

But since that's apparently derailing the thread, never mind.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, I don't buy the whole "I can prove it tomorrow" schtick. Not when you can try and bail yourself out with more "Awh man you guys! Moi powers got stolen again'd!" the next day.

And it's a far cry from suggesting there may be some kind of cult or recruitment factor in a GoT-based game, to talking about how there's no mafia, only a bunch of throne competers or SK's or something. Do you really not see the difference in that?

I say it's stupid to condem someone for speculation and then turn around and try to cast doubts on others based on speculation like I said I can prove myself Day 3 please not the emphises(sp) on the part in bold, I never once said anything about night phase, somone doesn't want day actions to happen I think.

You lynch me and the town loses a valuable town piece who is still aligned with town not sure how much more clearer I can be...

I don't think I was really saying you weren't being active, my main thing against you Kae was that your spam was derailing, and that you calling for focusing on inactives is not likely to pan anything out at this point. We have 12ish hours to go, to secure a lynch were goona need some effective casing, and there's not really much at all to be said about inactives except... well they're inactive. Could be something, could be nothing.

hello pot, my name is kettle, have we met?

oh I forgot to bold the part in the quote

"my main thing against you Kae was that your spam was derailing"

I had just called you out for similar and now you try to put pressure on Kae for the same?

Why can't you guys see that Despo is scummy?

I see that he's reaching for a reason to vote me, or at least that's how it seems.

But I really do have to get ready for work now. I'll check in, see what's going on, when I get home.

Like I said, I don't buy the whole "I can prove it tomorrow" schtick. Not when you can try and bail yourself out with more "Awh man you guys! Moi powers got stolen again'd!" the next day.

And it's a far cry from suggesting there may be some kind of cult or recruitment factor in a GoT-based game, to talking about how there's no mafia, only a bunch of throne competers or SK's or something. Do you really not see the difference in that?

I say it's stupid to condem someone for speculation and then turn around and try to cast doubts on others based on speculation like I said I can prove myself Day 3 please not the emphises(sp) on the part in bold, I never once said anything about night phase, somone doesn't want day actions to happen I think.

You lynch me and the town loses a valuable town piece who is still aligned with town not sure how much more clearer I can be...

Once again, I don't want to give you more time to try and come up with more hijinks. And how can you hint a day action and not be able to use it today? If it's not the one that was stolen, you should be able to use it today. And if it's the one they stole, why didn't you use it yesterday? I'm not buying it.

MOAR HILARIOUS FLAILING PLZ :laugh:

I don't think I was really saying you weren't being active, my main thing against you Kae was that your spam was derailing, and that you calling for focusing on inactives is not likely to pan anything out at this point. We have 12ish hours to go, to secure a lynch were goona need some effective casing, and there's not really much at all to be said about inactives except... well they're inactive. Could be something, could be nothing.

hello pot, my name is kettle, have we met?

What in the world are you talking about? How is what I'm saying there hypocritical at all? Sounds like you're just spewing whatever generic mafia cliches you can think of

The power stolen from you was a Day Action? 'Cause I'm looking at a spot a dozen pages or so back that says your role was stolen for the Night. *confused*

The power stolen from you was a Day Action? 'Cause I'm looking at a spot a dozen pages or so back that says your role was stolen for the Night. *confused*

no I was not talking about that power I specifically stated that power was a night action I think, no time to go back and quote where I did that, you all just assumed Ned Stark would only have 1 power, I never said this.

Exactly. He's flailing!

0ecf0d775f4b6744a8a016c18566f13a.gif

@ Despo - I have taken the time to read your TLDR and your subsequent antagonistic arguments and I am further satisfied with voting you. For the sake of everyone else, allow me to reply in brief, concise retorts.

Are you familiar with Occam's Razor? Probably not since you are completely spinning some crazy theories to paint the most likely town player as scum. The theory that makes the least amount of assumptions is likely the one that is true. I believe EP is Ned Stark not just because he was not Counter Claimed but that he would not have even bothered fake claiming a major character like Ned for the risk that the real Ned would counter and lynch him.

I am not setting anything up, but I get frustrated when players assume that anyone who lies is automatically scum. EP is likely telling the truth, especially the way he went about sharing the fact he was vote controlled to vote Jack. Peace violently reacted when I merely mentioned that he might have been the one to do it since he deciphered EP's hints so quickly. There is where one should look for the real culprit.

Also, what would motivate EP to do such a thing if he were scum, or a rival to the throne if that is the case? Why would he bother with these games if he were town?

And figuring out the game setup is VITAL to proper scum hunting. You have to know what you are hunting for before you can scum hunt.

Official Vote Count:

Despo (3): EP, Mynd, BG

EP (4): Despo, Andrew, Blackhoof

Kudaran Dragon Blooded (1): TinaHel

Mynd (2): Arez, Peace

Tina (1): Razen

Not voting (10): Alanna, Jack, Kae, Kudaran, Len, Rand, Tinker, TMD, Tress, Turin

Here is a countdown timer until night:

http://www.timeandda...0=745&msg=Night

Since we have a new deadline, we have plenty of time to other lynches....including Despo. He is pushing very hard for EP's lynch, almost as if Ned Stark stands in his way for his claims to the throne. Perhaps he is Joffrey?

So... the simpler, more likely explanation is that EP is indeed Ned Stark, with TWO powers, one apparently a Night Action and the other a Day, who's been vote controlled AND vote stolen AND role blocked/stolen? I think that's all he's claimed has been done.

It's not that he's just lying?

So... the simpler, more likely explanation is that EP is indeed Ned Stark, with TWO powers, one apparently a Night Action and the other a Day, who's been vote controlled AND vote stolen AND role blocked/stolen? I think that's all he's claimed has been done.

Why would he bother then? You are implying that EP, acting alone, decided out of the blue to fake a vote control off Basel Gill (who was Rob Stark) and onto Jack, then continued to lie about his two powers, and pretended to be the target of everyone's voodoo?

Or maybe he revealed as Ned Stark and now everyone from Qarth to the Wall is trying to bring him down?

Thank you. I was completely baffled that he used Occam's razor in this circumstance. It's a MUCH simpler explanation.

Why would he bother then? You are implying that EP, acting alone, decided out of the blue to fake a vote control off Basel Gill (who was Rob Stark) and onto Jack, then continued to lie about his two powers, and pretended to be the target of everyone's voodoo?

Or maybe he revealed as Ned Stark and now everyone from Qarth to the Wall is trying to bring him down?

Why not? Flailing, flailing and more flailing. I now love that word.

It seems he only ever added to his story when holes were poked in what he already had.

'Oh I've been vote controlled to vote Jack'. > Why's your vote on Arez then? > 'Oh it was stolen too!'

'I'm Ned, the role cop' > Give us some results! > 'Oh, proof? Well someone stole my role for the night... I'm vanilla... now I have a new role'

'Did I say Night? I meant Day' > You said Night. > 'Oh, well Ned has two powers, didn't ya know?'

The above is how liars are found out. Every child knows this.

@ Despo - I have taken the time to read your TLDR and your subsequent antagonistic arguments and I am further satisfied with voting you. For the sake of everyone else, allow me to reply in brief, concise retorts.

Are you familiar with Occam's Razor? Probably not since you are completely spinning some crazy theories to paint the most likely town player as scum. The theory that makes the least amount of assumptions is likely the one that is true. I believe EP is Ned Stark not just because he was not Counter Claimed but that he would not have even bothered fake claiming a major character like Ned for the risk that the real Ned would counter and lynch him.

But that's not the only eventuality I was talking about. He could have been recruited (by you, possibly), he could have been given a safe claim from the mod (highly unlikely, but you never know), he could be trying to draw Ned out of hiding. We just don't know. Normally, an unCC'd Ned claim would prob influence me to want to look the other way perhaps, but in EP's case there are just WAY too many inconsistencies and evasions for me to let it go.

I am not setting anything up, but I get frustrated when players assume that anyone who lies is automatically scum. EP is likely telling the truth, especially the way he went about sharing the fact he was vote controlled to vote Jack. Peace violently reacted when I merely mentioned that he might have been the one to do it since he deciphered EP's hints so quickly. There is where one should look for the real culprit.

Something tells me you're barking up the wrong tree with Peace. I mean dude, I saw EP's message instantly as I read it again. Once you see that the post is strange and out of whack, it's easy to "peace" it together (:wink:).

And it's not just that it appears that EP lied. It's his reaction to me questioning his vote tampering business.

He flailed like an octopus in heat man, if he had reacted that way to YOU prodding him, you'd have Red'd (read: bulldogged) him to a speed lynch by now.

Like Tink said, game the player, not the character claim. For now we know nothing of what the true game setup is, but if you see how EP has acted this game I don't see how you can justify not voting for him.

Also, what would motivate EP to do such a thing if he were scum, or a rival to the throne if that is the case? Why would he bother with these games if he were town?

He WOULDN'T bother with these games if he were town. IF he were town, that is.

And figuring out the game setup is VITAL to proper scum hunting. You have to know what you are hunting for before you can scum hunt.

Perhaps, but for now we haven't gotten any clear evidence that there's anything that far out of the norm in this game. Until we do, we should still assume there's scum for us to kill

It seems he only ever added to his story when holes were poked in what he already had.

'Oh I've been vote controlled to vote Jack'. > Why's your vote on Arez then? > 'Oh it was stolen too!'

'I'm Ned, the role cop' > Give us some results! > 'Oh, proof? Well someone stole my role for the night... I'm vanilla... now I have a new role'

'Did I say Night? I meant Day' > You said Night. > 'Oh, well Ned has two powers, didn't ya know?'

The above is how liars are found out. Every child knows this.

If I were scum, and the most Towniest of Townies revealed, I would throw everything I could at him from verbal discrediting to actual vote controlls, silencing, and the bloody cook pot at him to get him lynched.

As far as recruited, how so? He is no sellsword like Bronn or maid in waiting like me. I don't see any risk in the most honorable man in the game being corrupted by anyone. I think you see him more as a threat rather than help for the town and that is why you are trying to discredit him.

Perhaps, but for now we haven't gotten any clear evidence that there's anything that far out of the norm in this game. Until we do, we should still assume there's scum for us to kill

Firecult Woman flipping town was enough for me to know that this is not a traditional game set up. If Lex Luthor or the Joker flipped town in a DC Comics game, wouldn't you take pause?

And besides, if this were a standard mafia set-up, Ned Stark would be the towniest of townies. Why do you want his head so badly?

Archived