DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why back in my day...

Turin Turambar

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that name in the phone number was an east coast thing. I do know that the number at my parent's house has had the area code changed 3 times since the advent of cellular phones and needing so many more phone numbers.

We had a dial phone growing up too.

i betcha there were words starting all the phone numbers in the day, because they referred to the physical location of the whatchamahoositz. that's why there have always ben letters under the numbers, that's how they were coded.

i love the earpiece phones, they're much more used friendly than these newfangled ones they have nowadays.

Back in my day, a teddy bear was a kid's most precious thing, not some dumb ol' PSP. :rolleyes:

i still remember my bunny... mom put it in the incinerator when i was 3 because i was too attached... if i could have wished her into the cornfield for that i would have...

i still remember my bunny... mom put it in the incinerator when i was 3 because i was too attached... if i could have wished her into the cornfield for that i would have...

It's a good thing you didn't. It's a very good thing. :wink:

:(((

I lost my bear in Singapore once when I was like 5 years old. We were living in Malaysia at the time and we were driving back and at about half way I realized I didn't have it anymore and started bawling. Had to go back and look for it :myrddraal:

Found it on a pool table in the hotel restaurant that we had dinner in. :p

It's a good thing you didn't. It's a very good thing. :wink:

.... yes... i would have missed my baby sister...

I lost my bear in Singapore once when I was like 5 years old. We were living in Malaysia at the time and we were driving back and at about half way I realized I didn't have it anymore and started bawling. Had to go back and look for it :myrddraal:

i still remember when my sister lost her silk blankie in a taxi... we had to get the guy who made it for her make a new one, but she never felt the same about it and has been an insomniac ever since. she sobbed inconsolably for weeks...

Back when I was young, there was no TV in cars. We had to look out the window, listen to music, or play with toys and use our imaginations.

Then I got a little older and received a gameboy advance. This made long distance traveling even funner!!! Until the batteries died >.> Then I was back to having an imagination or staring out the window

You have TV's in your car?!?!?!

Americans...

In all honesty, I am pretty jealous of kids that get to play on new playgrounds. You know, the ones made out of that cool polymer so they don't get insanely hot and burn your bum when you try going down the slide

see above

We never had ball pools :(

You poor, poor deprived people

5Zjg5.gif

We had a phone that was rented from the telephone company and you dialed it by turning the dial around with your finger.

I remember my first mobile. It was a nokia 3310.

>.>

it must still be working

Still want those flying cars and teleportation.

agreed

Back when I was young, there was no TV in cars. We had to look out the window, listen to music, or play with toys and use our imaginations.

Then I got a little older and received a gameboy advance. This made long distance traveling even funner!!! Until the batteries died >.> Then I was back to having an imagination or staring out the window

You have TV's in your car?!?!?!

Americans...

In all honesty, I am pretty jealous of kids that get to play on new playgrounds. You know, the ones made out of that cool polymer so they don't get insanely hot and burn your bum when you try going down the slide

see above

We never had ball pools :(

You poor, poor deprived people

5Zjg5.gif

I remember this scene!

Yeah, i wanted to find someone on DM who was active that was younger than me because I kept seeing that everyone else was older than me.

I have for a long time not known anyone younger... And I'm already 16. But only a few days.

Back in my day, a teddy bear was a kid's most precious thing, not some dumb ol' PSP. :rolleyes:

She would've been 19 at that time (you have told me a few times she was 16 when you were born), so I guess she just had no idea what she was doing as a mother, and thought it was the right thing to do...

i still remember when my sister lost her silk blankie in a taxi... we had to get the guy who made it for her make a new one, but she never felt the same about it and has been an insomniac ever since. she sobbed inconsolably for weeks...

You have a sister?

Archived