DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Reviving an old tradition - Cookie Exchange!

Karana Majin

Guest Karana Majin

When I saw the Christmas Wish Lists, it reminded me of something we used to do here a long time ago. (It could be 3 years, it could be 6 years, my memory is flat gone. I know that Sabine participated, if anyone can help date it from that? LOL)

ANYWAY! The tradition is this. The White Tower Holiday Cookie Exchange. That's right, cookies. Real, honest, baked goods. That you mail to another White Tower member and then another White Tower member mails some to you!

Obviously, if you are under 18, you should get parental permission before joining this, but otherwise, here's how it works.

1. You send me an email stating you are interested. DO NOT do this if you do not plan on sending your baked goods. It SUCKS to send your stuff off, then wait, and wait, and wait...

2. After I receive all the emails, I will randomly (or semi-randomly) assign people to other people. It is not a pairing, X could get Y and Y could get Z. I try to keep it on the same continent, if possible, but please let me know in your email if you don't mind shipping overseas.

3. After assignments are made, you bake something. Cookies are easy to ship. So are brownies, sweet breads, etc. You want to bake something that will hold up to being shipped through the mail!

4. Mail your baked goods to your assigned person.

5. Wait for your own yummy treats to arrive.

6. When you get your treats, send me an email that they arrived so I can keep track!

It's all secret, so don't tell the person who you have! Also, I assume aspirants can get points for participating, so let me know if you are a point needing person in your email. When I get the confirmation email, I will report to Lor that your activity was completed.

So, any questions?

The last time I did this I was not yet raised to Aes Sedai so I'm thinking 2001 or 2002. No later than that. I sent my cookies to Juls. (Well, technically my mom's as I 16 :P) And I miss Sabine!!

Anyway, I'm totally in, this is one of the more awesome holiday traditions.

Does it count if you scrape the logos off a pack of Oreos with a knife?

No, I'm kidding. I'll make my grandmother's applesauce walnut cake for whoever I get. I think the last time I did this, I sent it to a sweet lil' Accepted named Cleo. Whatever happened to her? :shock:

Guest Karana Majin

Well, at the bottom of every post, there is a little button that says "email" and anyone could click that... or if there default client is not installed properly, they can just hover over the email button and it will display my email in the lower left corner of their browser... (But you know that, Matt, it's mostly for the others that I say this...)

And if they're too lazy to do that, then are they really going to bake cookies and pack them up and mail them?

Guest Karana Majin

*giggles* and you learn something every day! My role as a Brown feels complete for the day.

Ok, so far I have 5 people! I want more!!!

Guest Karana Majin

I DID NOT!!! YOU ARE A LIAR AND A STINKY OLD CHEESEYPANTS.

*smooths skirt over hips* *clears throat*

Now then... back to the cookie exchange.

*laughs* what sucks is that I hit the little button and it opens outlook. From there, I have to C&P the address I'm sending it to into gmail, where I really want it to come from. Annoying, but... oh, the prices you pay for good cookies... *smirks*

Guest Karana Majin

And they WILL be delicious cookies, I can almost guarantee that!!

Come on, people, there is room for more!!! Don't get left out!

Guest Karana Majin

Your offer is so ... generous.

Anyway, I have 6 people signed up so far, anyone else want in? I'll end sign-ups Sunday, December 3rd.

Archived