DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Final Fantasy

Sakaea

Who's played it? Who hasn't? Who loves it? Who doesn't (no one I hope)? What's your favorite game? Favorite character?

Obviously I've played FF. VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, and XIII. Soon I will be playing XII-2 :biggrin:

I love all the games, but VIII and X are my favorites. Tifa, Zell, Vivi, Auron, Basch, Ashe, and Fang are just some of my favorite characters.

Please, discuss away!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welllll lets see I've played 8-X-2, I've watched other people play 1-7 and 12 and 13. 9 and ten are my fave games. Although the princess in nine makes me want to strangle her pretty much all the time. So does the little girl they find.

I quite enjoyed Advent Children as well, although its not a "game" but still. *laughs*

I put in the extra hours in X to get a few of the best weapons. Currently I have Lulu's, Aurons, and Yunas. Yuna's I only have because its SUPER easy to get. *laughs* Otherwise I wouldn't bother because I don't care for her that much. I am debating if its worth picking up Rikku's before I run off to kill Sin. Wakka's is too hard to bother with. BTW Sakaea if you want a tip to getting Lu's best weapon have a no encounters something on it makes the thunder plains a bit easier. I wish I lived closer I would do it for you. *laughs*

Fave character wise I know this is bad but I like Sephiroth, I dunno why but I do. Obviously Lulu is on the list as well, Auron, Tifa, Cloud, Barrett, Vincent, and Fran are a few more.

I've played 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10-2,11,12,13,14, Type-0, Dirge of Cerberus, Crises Core, Tactics, Tactics Advanced, both Dissidias, I think Warriors of the Crystal is FF but I'm not sure I'll have to confirm once I get off work I'm only missing a few (I think I have 3 but not sure) I like FF for the story though 11 and 14 were a bit lacking (except for the CoP expansion on 11 that was the best story line I've ever seen on an MMO)

Btw Rashi who was Fran I don't remember

Fran is the one from XII, Balthier's sky pirate partner.

Getting Lulu's weapon is a pain even with no encounters on, LOL. Next time I play X I really will try to get it tho. Wakka's isn't bad you just have to blitz a lot :biggrin:

EP, I think you've played the most FF games! I didn't think Type-0 was out yet!

Oh btw likes and dislikes of the series

likes: I like the music for the games, I like the materia system of 7 and the draw system in 8 (though I missed a few GFs because I forgot to draw them), TONBERRYS "I STABZ YOU NAO"? more to come as I remember it

dislikes: in 9 they reuse a concept from 8, the I don't need anyone else concept (I believe they used it right at the end of disc 2 when you fight Kujo and his pet dragon) X-2 the "Lets play Dress up" and that it was to short would hae been better as a movie, in 8 once you get to disk 4 you can really only finish the game since everything is blocked off it makes you not want to advance passed disk 3, in 7 its such a pain to get Aeris back gotta get an old ps1 that can use the cartridge gameshark as the disk version fails so often. more to come as I remember it

O.O

Ok, so I don't get any of the lingo, but I recently watched two of the Final Fantasy movies - The Advent Children and The Spirits Within.

I lurv the animation, it's really well done. And I think The Spirits Within was a really good movie. The Advent Children kept stalling because it was a Blu-Ray copy which don't work on teh laptop :rolleyes:

Balthier

I liked him too. I just couldn't remember his name. *laughs* Like I said i only watched someone else play. We had, not really anymore, gaming parties where we would just sit around and game for several hours, days, whatever. So we "played" through a lot of games that way. I've tagged teamed Kingdom Hearts I&II that way. *laughs*

Yeah either way the Thunder plains is tough but No encounters makes it easier so you aren't made to fight every few times. What kills me is sometimes the lighting will strike you as you are coming out of the "win" screen. Which my dialogue at that time goes like this "Yay win and now I have to get ready to dodge soon." *Lightning hits Tidues* me: F***.

I'm no good at Blitzball. My brother is the only one I know that can do the Jecht shot correctly. He's always like did you get the Jecht shot? I just look at him and he's like "You didn't did you." I attempt to look innocent and he laughs. So Wakka's best weapon impossible for me. *laughs* And Kimari's I've NEVER EVER figured out....ever!

I can't stand eight's draw concept for magic. That annoyed me soooooooo much. I was like "yay drawn I can use forever now....wait what do you mean I have to keep drawing wtf!" So yeah no I didn't care for that much. *laughs* I really didn't like the story for eight much either, and the flashbacks or whatever they were between Lagona(?) and then going back to Squall made me confused. Plus till X no one gets with or makes out with the one they like. Which annoyed me. I was like would you just kiss her already for gods sake people! Don't get me going on the Tifa/Cloud thing. *laughs*

Eh. I don't feel like spirits within should count as a final fantasy anything. I mean...Let's be real here....

I just don't see why people liked 10 =/ it was....not very good.

4 was AMAZING and 7 was pretty good. I haven't played 6 but i hear that's the best of them all. 6 is the only one i haven't played up and down and all around. I liked 10-2 but it was so seriously lacking. It was just a collectors game. And i like collecting crap, so i played it a good bit. But it's really just a hollow shell of NOTHING.

8 really disappointed me after 7 and the situation of 9 is still really...

idk i remember being excited and buying it and going home, i was out on a road trip or something and i got back to the hotel super excited to play it.......And it just wasn't.....FF as i knew it. at all. But it wasn't BAD.... i still don't know.

I don't think i finished 10 but i beat it. I played it, like most of the games, many times over, and at different parts, friends used to ask for my help with games all the time because...well i guess my friends weren't bright enough to do it themselves lol. But 10 really was never...eh

But then if you really wanna get into it, 11 12 and 13 i don't even consider games. More like bad jokes.

I've played 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 9 to various stages of completion, but haven't finished any of them. Been meaning to do that, but so many things... I really like the dissidia games as well, and I am planning to buy a ps3 for the sole purpose of playing

I don't think i finished 10 but i beat it. I played it, like most of the games, many times over, and at different parts,

10 was rough at the end, it kind of ruined the rest of the story for me. So I feel ya about that and I consider X-2 a joke. It wasn't so much a game as a reason to look at girls in skimpy clothes. *eye roll* Being a girl not interested in that, I found it to be annoying.

Sakaea that is so cute about you and your soon to be husband!!! *has an awwww moment*

Final Fantasy...ahh. I've played 2,4,6,7,8,9,10,10-2,11,12,13,Tactics,Dissidia. I own Spirits Within and Advent. As far as my favorite goes, I think that from most people that I've talked to, the first one we played usually winds up being our favorite. I bought my Playstation just to be able to play 7. So 7 is my favorite. But there's a difference between my favorite and the one I think is the best. I'd definitely say 6 is the best.

As far as my favorite characters goes, obviously Cloud, but also Cecil, Tifa (hawtness), Auron, Vivi, Balthier, and Tifa (did I mention Tifa?)

Most useful character ever is Rikku without question, her Limit Breaks are the most powerful in the entire franchise, hands down. Trio of 9999 makes any Character Challenge a joke.

Worst FF is probably 13 as it didn't feel like a FF at all. No side quests, completely linear, weak story and terrible characters other than Fang. Hope is probably the most irritating character in the entire franchise.

And the hate for 10-2 is misplaced. Sure, it's a girl-power game, but the dressphere system was actually based off the job system from Tactics and is really a good combat system. If you could take away the characters and just implement it into a combat based system it would be great. The Mascot dress-sphere may just be the best character class in all of FF. And combat in 10-2 was kinda difficult, at least until the New Game+.

And as far as combat goes, Tactics is the bomb. Job-based combat ruled.

The weakest combat system goes to 10, even if it's one of my favorite of the franchise. Story-line can go a long way to overshadow gameplay mechanics I suppose. As a dad myself, the whole Tidus / Jecht storyline makes me tearyeyed.

Most emotional image from FF is probably Aeris getting killed and Tidus attempting to embrace Yuna as he's fading. Both scenes can easily make this old man tear up.

Best weapons in the series are the Zodiac Spear from 13 or the Excalibur 2 from 9. Both are game breakers. Lightning's Axis Blade or Squall's Lionheart also ruin the game.

Most powerful Limit Breaks / Overdrives / Trances: Clouds Omnislash, Wakka's Attack Reels and Squall's Lionheart. These are all good ones. But the most powerful without a doubt is Rikku's Mix. Best Limit Break in the franchise if you know how to use it effectively.

So to sum up:

My favorite: FF 7

The Best: Tactics

Best Character: Cloud / Rikku (Tie)

Most Powerful Character: Wakka (Damage Ability), Cecil (Storyline)

Best Character Development: Cecil, Sephiroth, Tidus

Lots of variety in my opinions, I know, but that just goes to show how much I love this franchise. Along with Resident Evil, it's definitely my favorite series in all of video game history.

Yay Ishy!

Personally I liked X-2. I thought the full ending (no spoilers don't worry) was really sweet, and totally perfect. I thought the dress-spheres were weird at first, but then I really started liking them, and liked noticing how the different swords and guns were people's weapons from other games. Loved it!

Most useful character ever is Rikku without question, her Limit Breaks are the most powerful in the entire franchise, hands down. Trio of 9999 makes any Character Challenge a joke.

I dunno if you can get Lu to have break damage limit and use Ultima or Flare in a fury, she pretty much owns everything and everyone.

Archived