DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekend Plans

Ryrin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fighting went well - it was a round robin tournament with thirteen fighters overall. I got off to a slow start but after the fifth fight, I decided that I was going to make them work for their victory. I surprised a lot of people with my ferocity and won a few matches in return. Didn't particulary care about the winning or losing, I was there to learn and fight and meet new people in the process and I did exactly that.

The King and Queen noticed me at our Defender event in October and I was granted an Award of Arms today, so regardless of everything else, that was the highlight of the day. It came with a beautiful scroll and I'll try to get a picture.

Wow! Great job, H! :) 

I managed to cull my magazines down to only the current month's editions today! That was a serious feat since I get them for free and they've been stacking up on my table since before Christmas! 

Hiarthbeorn, Congratulations on your AoA!

I would love to see your scroll.  :biggrin:

I had a very productive weekend. We held our Provincial pre-Gulf Wars event this weekend, and while the war practice was going on, I ran a kingdom scribal table. We turned out seventeen finished scrolls for kingdom, and I came home with the calligraphy for two of our new awards so that I can design charters (Ansteorra uses pre-prints for many of the Non-Armigerous and AoA level awards given out in large numbers) for them before Gulf Wars, as Their Majesties wish to have some available to take to war. So today (which I have off since I work in a school and those are closed today here), my plan is to draw and ink both designs!

Fighting went well - it was a round robin tournament with thirteen fighters overall. I got off to a slow start but after the fifth fight, I decided that I was going to make them work for their victory. I surprised a lot of people with my ferocity and won a few matches in return. Didn't particulary care about the winning or losing, I was there to learn and fight and meet new people in the process and I did exactly that.

The King and Queen noticed me at our Defender event in October and I was granted an Award of Arms today, so regardless of everything else, that was the highlight of the day. It came with a beautiful scroll and I'll try to get a picture.

Lady, that sounds like so much fun!  Can you PM me the link again?  Thank you.

I went on a hike today with friends then downtown for lunch.  I have my book club meeting tonight at Mimi's Cafe.  I also managed to clean the kitchen and cleaned out the refrig, along with doing some laundry.

Will do! I love hiking. What a lovely day, Ryrin!

We took a nice long walk this afternoon to the craft store because the weather was good and my niece needed supplies for a social studies craft project. I found soft candy molds (on clearance!), and the coolest celtic knot stencil. I got two. One for stenciling on non-edible projects, and one to put in my cake and cookie decorating kit. 

Well, LadyWordsmith and Hiarthbeorn.  I think we all were born in the wrong time period.  Wish there was time travel.  I'd go back and stay.  Lol. 

Love the scroll and what is a "celtic knot stencil?"

I found a stencil with a celtic knotwork design on it.

celtic-knot-patterns-3.jpg

Here's an example of Celtic Knotwork. (The pretty knot designs all over early medieval/Irish/Scottish things.  :smile: )

It isn't quite this pattern, but it's similar. 

Well, LadyWordsmith and Hiarthbeorn.  I think we all were born in the wrong time period.  Wish there was time travel.  I'd go back and stay.  Lol. 

Love the scroll and what is a "celtic knot stencil?"

Congrats on the AoA Hiarthbeorn, I am sure it is well deserved. 

For those who don't know, an Award of Arms grants you the right to bear your Arms (your heraldry), to bear arms in the presence on the Crown, as well as the title of Lord (or Lady). It a big deal.

As for your tournament experience, the first step in any fighter's career is learning how not to die. Once you can accomplish that, well then its time to make the other guy worry about you.

Can't wait for Gulf Wars, we're about halfway packed...

So, we've got two Lords in the Kin, now?   *grins* I like the sound of that! ;)

My weekend was rather rotten with spots of awesome sprinkled in. First, Friday was my birthday, which I already had to take off to take Tadpole to the doctor to get her 18 month shots (which doesn't make me happy). Thursday, however, while I was doing some charity work filling fry orders at McDonald's (it was a fundraiser night and we got a large % of what they made for the hours we were there!), my husband got a call to pick up Peanut early because she was running a fever of 102 and was complaining of a headache. Two of my kids at school area also out with Strep, so this does not bode well for my kid. I take them both to the doctor Friday morning and all of Peanut's tests come back negative (they tested her for both Strep and Mono). The good news is that, since it was the weekend, and her fever spiked up to 104.9 the night before, he decided to treat her as if she had Strep and started pumping amoxicillan into her Friday afternoon! Tadpole's appoint was perfect, she's growing steadily and eating well. Her blood works looks good (she was showing a little anemic a few months ago) and she only had to get one shot! My husband finally wanders home around 2 and promptly falls asleep on the couch. He does wake up around 4:30 to run up to the store for food for the girls, since we have a reservation at my favorite restaurant on the planet (The Melting Pot) for dinner at 7. His mother comes over to watch the girls around 6 and we fight for a parking space downtown and make it to dinner just fine. Dinner is AWESOME, complete with a birthday card signed by the whole staff of the restaurant, a picture with a frame  and 3 red roses. 

Yesterday, we did absolutely nothing. I didn't even get out of my PJ's. The weather was horrible (cold and rainy... ugh) and we needed to keep Peanut home, anyway. My husband's race was cancelled due to rain and I had already set aside my plans to go to a craft show due to lack of funds, so there wasn't really any reason to go anywhere. We snuggled on the couch all day and watched TV. :)  Unfortunately, Tadpole woke up every 45 minutes or so between 9 and 11. *sighs* 

Today was a bit busier than yesterday, though it didn't start that way. Tadpole woke up at 6, but it was Dana's morning (I still had to get up and make her something to munch on, don't let that fool ya). I went back to bed, but right about the time I was going to sleep, Peanut started crying because of a bad dream and I had to go rescue her. She climbed into my bed and wanted to chatter for a bit. *sighs* I did get back to sleep a little after 7, but got woken up again around 8 by a giggling 18 month old. lol Made breakfast and chilled until around 12, when the house decided not to let the 18 month old catch her mid day nap. We got lunch and managed to do all of our grocery shopping at Target, for $67 (Yes, I'm that good!) . Then came home and caught the end of the Daytona500 (Dale came in 2nd!!!). Throw in dinner, baths and putting everyone to bed and there's my weekend in a nutshell! Now I'm getting caught up here while the headache is manageable! :) 

So yeah, my weekend could've been better, but I live for the bright spots. :) It could've been worse, too! 

Sorry your weekend was rough, Lor! I hope Peanut's feeling better soon! (Or better already, which would be even better!). :sending hugs: 

Though most accurately that means we have a Lord, a Lordship, a Lady, and a Ladyship here in the Kin... that I am aware of. We may have others lurking that have not revealed themselves. :biggrin: For example, I have an Iris of Merit (our Kingdom's Arts and Sciences Grant level award) on top of my AoA, which gives me the title of Ladyship (or Honorable Lady, which is more commonly used in our kingdom). 

It make me wonder how many reinactors and recreationists (from a wide variety of potential groups, medieval, Civil War, etc) we may have around here! 

Archived