DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

One day and 250 points still to give out!

LilyElizabeth

Because it's been six and a half years and I just keep coming back for more. o.O

Or, because I'm old and crabby and if you feed me points I will promptly kill and eat the nearest small child. Which will probably by my own. >.>

Let's face it, the world can only handle one of me at a time. I've got to kill off the competition before it gets big enough to kill me off.

...also, because I bring interesting and probably useless facts:

No word in the english language ryhmes with purple, silver month, or orange.

Chickens can’t swallow while they are upside-down.

An average persons hair grows a combined 55,000 inches a month.

Only about one person in 2 billion will live to be 116 or older.

A quarter has 119 grooves around the edge.

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

The male praying mantis can't have sex with its head attached so the female initiates by ripping the male's head off.

There is more, but I'll save them for the parties.

Aust two ways.

once Nyn's done with him, should be nicely tenderized. :myrddraal:

skinned like a rabbit, sliced off the bone, silverskin trimmed, beautifully lean muscle, premarinated in voddy.

very little gristle, and the muscle hasn't been toughened with exercise beyond the liquor store and the local cathouse.

the tenderloin i remove in two neat strips, slice into 2 inch steaks, and air dry while i prepare the curry of what's left.

sauteeing about 6 cups of sliced onion in the fat rendered from the victims enlarged liver, with a grated thumb of ginger, a broken stick of cinnamon, a good tablespoon each of turnmeric, cayenne, and white pepper and a whole 8 oz jar of the best hot curry powder i can get at my local asian market, and if i tell you how they make it they kill us both. a glob of tamarind. enough water to keep from sticking as the onions cook brown and the spices release their oily essences.

while this is happening, i dice the less than steak worthy aust meat into 1-1/2 inch cubes, and cook lightly in clarified butter until just sealed on all sides.

adding about a quart of tomato paste to the onions, then several quarts of coconut milk and the same of chicken stock.

a couple lbs chick peas, well cooked, about 5 lbs diced potatoes, raw, and several diced green apples.

simmered until potatoes are very well cooked. adding aust and simmering very briefly until just barely done.

serve over saffron rice with toasted almonds.

for the steaks, which should dry at least a couple of days in the fridge, soaking well in garlic, oil and black pepper, and sprinkling very lightly w sugar - very lightly.

cast iron pan heated till water skitters on the surface - sprinkled with salt and heated another minute.

aust steaks are placed onto pan and watcher until the first droplets of blood rise to the top, flipped immediately, and when the blood droplets appear on the flip side, removed from the heat.

bloody rare aust.

pan quickly cleaned with hot water, brought to temp, melted butter until it foams, sliced wild shrooms sauteed till brown with slivered garlic, seasoned w salt and pepper, deglazed with red wine, reduced to syrupy consistency and served with the aust.

that's the wine you'll be drinking with dinner.

enjoy.

You should give me points because I am talented enough to manage to drop my phone into my couch and not be able to get it out ^_^ Yet at the same time I can appreciate my new vibrating couch.

I've also been around long enough to collaborate what Mighte says. And it's true that she'd put anything in her mouth. And I do mean ANYTHING >.<

And another reason is that Verbal is my FL. And he needs no embellishment.

Nyn

• Club Leader

Mighte, you get 20 pts just for being you. You always make me laugh and laughter is precious.

Rey - 20 more, because I didn't know about the cat muscles although I did know about the preying mantis.

Cindy, how did you know I like my steak rare? On second thought, I guess that would go with the territory. 50 pts for preparing a wonderful meal that I'm sure I'll enjoy.

Nyn, you made me laugh with the vibrating couch. What a dilemna you're in! I'd say go buy a new phone and keep the couch the way it is. 20 pts.

• Club Leader

Ledinna, those are some ugly feet - 10 pts - go get a pedicure!

Moon - 20 birthday points with more coming on the actual birthday. Remind me.

Sakaea - 20 welcome points

Tina - Thanks for the gift. 10 pts. Would have been 20, but you forgot the needles to poke it with and the matches to heat up the feet.

:O

Steak? Really?? I hope you at least sew together a costume from my skin Cindy!

Lily I'm sorry I missed your thread! I had a crazy day yesterday which included work politics and scandal, exploding acid reactions and a shattering beaker that cut my hand!

Archived