DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dragon Cave Users

Red2111

i meant to ask, is anyone planning on trying to make some Zombie Dragons come Halloween?? they say the chances for getting one is much easier on Oct 31st. i have a few adults i don't mind killing off in an attempt and plan on freezing a few hatchlings JIC.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some info on the Zombie Breed (C&P'd from the wiki)

The Undead, or "Zombie", Dragon was discontinued for a time but now is again available. This is perhaps the most controversial of Dragon breeds as players are forced to kill their hatchlings and/or adults and then attempt to revive them in order to obtain a Zombie, so many dragons are killed in the process.

An Undead Dragon can be obtained year-round, but for most of the year this has a very small chance of actually reviving a Dragon or turning a Dragon into a Zombie. However there is a good chance of getting one on Halloween. If trying to create one on any day other than Halloween, the chances of being successful are believed to be 1 in 100. On Halloween, it is somewhere between a 1 in 2 to a 1 in 5 chance. It's not necessary to kill the Dragons you want zombify on the 31st October: they can die or be killed within 14 days before. The higher success rate is related only to the date on which they are revived, not the date on which they died.

Even though the chances are higher on the 31st of October, this does not mean that you can easily obtain them. In fact when you use the "Kill" action on a Dragon, there are four potential outcomes, only one of which is becoming a Zombie. The Dragon can be killed completely, and your attempt to revive it will reduce its body to dust, resulting in a tombstone on your scroll for 2 weeks. It can revive as a "normal" Dragon, returning to its original state. Lastly, it can dodge the blade completely, remaining alive. ("Dodgers" cannot be killed for 24 hours after a dodged Kill attempt; they will continue to dodge the blade.)

Undeads can only be seen between 12AM and 6AM DC time (EST) and a tombstone is also visible during the day on the 31st of each month. Undeads cannot breed and will not appear on an Incubator. Curiously, they are the only Dragons that "roam" in the scroll, changing position among the other Dragons possessed. Even if repositioned, they keep on wandering. This is because during the eighteen hours from 6AM to 12AM, they do not appear on the sort pages, so sorting during the day does not affect them. They remember their numerical position (their number in line), not their relative position (which dragon they are supposed to follow). Because their neighbors change, they appear to roam the scroll.

All Dragon breeds can be zombified, even Golds, Drakes, Vampires, Pygmies and Splits (the last two have a regular zombie sprite, even if their size/aspect isn't like other Dragons). Unbreedables such as Papers, Cheeses and Dinos can't be zombified. It's possible that even Holiday Dragons, Guardians of Nature and Neglecteds can be zombified, but it is rare that a user would sacrifice them to try: if a Limited Breed Dragon is zombified, you can't take another one for replacement as the Zombie will still be counted as its original breed.

Once on a scroll, Undead dragons cannot be released. Undead hatchlings do not grow: they are auto-frozen upon being killed. On the forum, the Dragons raised on the purpose to be "victims" on Halloween are called "Zombie fodder." Common Dragons and inbred Dragons are generally used for this because they are easy to replace.

Zombies used to permanently take up the kill slot used to create them. However, this was an unintended occurrence, and since the beginning of October 2011, zombie-held kill slots have been released and made available to use again.

These dragons are often confused with Neglected Dragons and Vampire Dragons.

Undead dragons are considered very rare and currently have no breed specific actions.

so the earliest we can start killing hatchlings & dragons in an attempt to get a zombie is around 10/18. i'd do 10/19 just to be safe so you have the 1 day window.

so who is your Zombie fodder on your scroll this year??

Hatchlings

mfsO7.gifrVHrD.gif

Dragons

OecA7.gif NP2pK.gif Noo1.gif 6c4T.gif uIbs1.gif 5NYp.gif rHNr.gif

i totlaly understand being apehensive about making a zombie, the onse i've listed are all inbred dragons that i technically don't need and wont hurt my scroll too much. as of right now, i've only got the ability to kill 4, so i won't be killing all of them, i'm aiming for 1 hatchling, 1 mature hatchling and 2 adults, this way i have one in every stage *nods*

I used to play but stopped over a year ago. I did just find all my dragons still there, though! My username is Daruya.

Just got this one: .gif

And this one: .gif

And this one: fqNkq.gif

I need to find the spreadsheet I started to track breeding. I started it so that if I had a pair that always produced what I wanted, I'd know who they were.

i snagged two cave born Nebula's over the weekand!! the cave was also producing some ice dragon eggs, but i wasn't quick enough to snag those *pouty face*

i've also got a Bluena egg if anyone is interested!

lmao, i had to sit for 2 hours to get my two 1st gen nebulas, so not giving them up. if i get another nebula offspring (flamming dragons were obstinate again this breeding cycle :dry: ) i'll pass one or two onto ya AH :wink:

edit - on second thought, i can spare 1 of em *sniffles* i'll just get another later :biggrin:

best times for the Nebula eggs i found are in the Dessert at night between :00 and :15 of any hour. i've found thats when they drop the legendary eggs as well, i tried to get 3 of them and wasn't quick enough the same night i got my Nebbies

I'm not getting any clickies . . *hint hint* I have, OTOH, clicked eggies in siggies in this thread . . . :biggrin:

BTW, how can I have 31 unique views on each egg but only 2 clicks?

Dar you might want to use an ER for any eggs under 4 hours *nods* (theres links to them in the OP) another thing that seems to make a difference is opening your scroll up to assitance from others. it seems to help generate alot more veiwes and makes hatching them easier for some reason.

heres a bit about Veiws and Unique Views from the site

Unique Views

Unique Views are one of the stats that must be accumulated in order to raise an egg to adulthood. A dragon receives a unique view the first time a person visits a page containing the dragon's image, and only the first time.

Views

Views are one of the stats that must be accumulated in order to raise an egg to adulthood. A dragon's view counter is incremented any time they visit a page containing the dragon's image, even if they've already seen that dragon.

yeah i noticed that, the other cave born i snagged turned female. next time i snag one i'll make sure to influence it to be male.

i'm hoping to get 3 more cave born nebbies, 2 of the other blue/purpler variety, and the last as a male alt.

as it stands now, i'm about half way complete for having both sexes of cave born Dragons for the speices i currently have. i'm gonna make a list here when i get some down time to make the collecting process easier *nods*

just snagged a cave born Night Glory!! i've influenced it to be female so i can breed her with my two cave born Day Glories. so i'll have some 2nd gen glories to trade eventually!!

i also bred my 1st gen Nebbie alt to my 1st gen Ember and got a 2nd gen Nebbie egg!! i've influenced it to be a boy, so i can atleast have another male nebbie on my scroll for better breeding on them. i can't believe my luck with those two producing a nebbie egg!!

Oh!!! I had an idea a bit ago. We bring the Seanchan social group back, and I'm not sure what the entirety of it would be but we'd be the one's that handle the raken!!!!!! :D

Good idea.

Does anyone else have the problem of having far too many males or females, by the way? I think at least 75% of mine are males...

Archived