DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Krak

Krakalakachkn

iPod touch is a strange beast. I don't get why you'd want an iPhone without the phone.

Someone will no doubt compare the two and make a solid case.

And I'm not a mac fanboy at all. I am all about my sony Vaio laptop. It just so happens my only camera is connected to my only phone, which was the only one available on the plan I got at the time two years ago.

Oh yes. That's an iPhone 2. I could prolly sell it as an antique at this stage.

i am repelled by phones. until a few months ago, when someone gave me a trakphone out of concern for my driving safety, i had never had a cell phone device. my family asks me why i don't set up the voice mail. i respond, because i do nto want more voice mail. is it not enough to be pestered at home and at work by inescapable telephones? faugh, and feh for phones.

um, so yeah, i pod without phone, sounds like what i want.

please, speak non tech to me here - are you suggesting something i can get for less shiny moneys that does the same things, i.e. shows me movies that i have stored, and makes with the music, and when near an interwebs device, makes nice lolcats, and also plays podcasts?

if so, please tell me the exact name of the thing i am to purchase. and if there are any contraindications for a non tech oriented kitteh head.

No, an ipod is your best bet. He's talking about the google product called Android, which is exclusively to tablets or phones.

That said, if you are more interested in movies than music, it might be worth your while to look into a tablet (like the apple ipad or blackberry playbook) over an ipod.

Android is the operating system on the non-apple phones and tablets

Motorola Xoom: http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Tablets/MOTOROLA-XOOM-with-WiFi-US-EN

It's closer in size to an ipad, so better for watching movies.

Samsung Galaxy 7.0: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/GT-P1010CWAXAR

It's smaller than your everyday tablet, but larger than an ipod touch. You can get one without a phone card in it that's wi-fi only, so you won't get solicited to buy phone service with it and it'd be cheaper than the other ones. And again, the operating system was developed by Google, folks who love sharing and want the world to be happy. Not by Apple, the only company on the planet with more proprietary bullcrap than Sony. The kind of company that makes you go to a licensed dealer when you need to change the battery in your device because you can't get the cover off without breaking it...

Archived