DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

SG Members In Cat Form

Adella

:sad: i wish you'd just put him on ignore instead of abandoning us, Vam... and i also wish you han't deleted your comment, which made me happy, too. i believe some of us may sometimes post in not such a... good frame of mind... i know i'm typing from a roller coaster of weirdness at all times.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vam, I know you're from the South, and you were most likely brought up being taught to show the utmost respect for someones family. Berf's really not a creep in real life from what I can tell. if anyone tells him I said that, there's going to be hell to pay

You ever hear a "You're Momma's so..." joke? It's kind of like that. It's not personal, the person telling the joke doesn't know the momma in question, so how could it possibly be personal? I think that situation applies here, and pretty much anywhere on the internet. I dunno if you read any of the back and forth between myself and Verbie. I wouldn't recognize him if he was standing next to me, but we've been slinging insults for the better part of a week, and having a good time with it. Like Cindy, I wish you'd reconsider. Now that everyone is aware that the subject is off limits with you, I'm sure it won't happen again. Everyone has their buttons, and last night, someone pushed yours. I had a rough day yesterday and pushed the wrong buttons on someone too. I didn't mean to, I apologized and things managed to get back to normal.

We all get along here even though someone might not think so at first glance. No one wants anybody to leave because of this.

Vambram, don't leave over one misplaced joke.

God knows I've on occasions went overboard with a joke and overstepped my bounds a bit. I always appreciated it when the person in question would give me the opportunity to talk it out with him/her and make things better.

Also, I don't think you should form an opinion on all of us based on one person's behavior. I happily ignore people I dislike and stick around for the people I DO like. I think it's quite obvious from people's reaction that they want you here. And it's not such a given.

So if I were you, I'd reconsider :)

Nyn

I don't care if it was sarcasm or not. He should not have attempted to include my wife into his attempt at humor. He does not know me well enough to have that kind of right to cross that barrier into my real life family.

Is it acceptable in Shayol Ghul for members to crack sarcastic jokes at the spouses and family of those whom are members of Shayol Ghul?

Vam, I understand your point. While many of us do exactly that (Barm and I talk about what we do to each other's moms all the time and we've never actually met, either.....but we are both comfortable with it, so it's ok), it might not be cool with some folks such as yourself. I don't know berf personally, but I do know he would not intend to be personally insulting to you. As berf is SS and you are a DL, please feel free to PM myself or Ed (or both) if you'd like to talk about it. I don't want you to leave SG over this, but I do want to ensure that the line for you is not crossed again. My inbox is always open.

Vam, I know you're from the South, and you were most likely brought up being taught to show the utmost respect for someones family. Berf's really not a creep in real life from what I can tell. if anyone tells him I said that, there's going to be hell to pay

You ever hear a "You're Momma's so..." joke? It's kind of like that. It's not personal, the person telling the joke doesn't know the momma in question, so how could it possibly be personal? I think that situation applies here, and pretty much anywhere on the internet. I dunno if you read any of the back and forth between myself and Verbie. I wouldn't recognize him if he was standing next to me, but we've been slinging insults for the better part of a week, and having a good time with it. Like Cindy, I wish you'd reconsider. Now that everyone is aware that the subject is off limits with you, I'm sure it won't happen again. Everyone has their buttons, and last night, someone pushed yours. I had a rough day yesterday and pushed the wrong buttons on someone too. I didn't mean to, I apologized and things managed to get back to normal.

We all get along here even though someone might not think so at first glance. No one wants anybody to leave because of this.

Remember that random guy that bumped into you yesterday? Yep....that was me.

dictionary_cat-1.jpg?1250225779

Also, I don't think you should form an opinion on all of us based on one person's behavior. I happily ignore people I dislike and stick around for the people I DO like.

Nyn

It's true, she ignores me all the time, she's probably ignoring me right now even

Remember that random guy that bumped into you yesterday? Yep....that was me.

And that's exactly where I wanted you, within face stabbing range.

Also, I don't think you should form an opinion on all of us based on one person's behavior. I happily ignore people I dislike and stick around for the people I DO like.

Nyn

It's true, she ignores me all the time, she's probably ignoring me right now even

If only.

Nyn

Archived