DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Someone tell me theres more to life

JTmin5

Well hello everyone this is my first day on here,

I just finished Towers of Midnight and well there feels to be a vacuum in my life now lol. My friend gave me New Spring and the first three books last summer at well exactly this time of year i guess and i have been reading them non stop pretty much since then. I never thought i would be done with them but its almost over and well i dont want it to end, besides havin to wait for the last book. I have created a psychological dependency by having an emotional attachment to fantastical characters will someone yell at me and tell me its just a book!

Welcome! If you're looking for people to tell you not to obsess over WoT, you're probably in the wrong place :P The forums are a good place to go, though, when the pain of separation gets too great ;) The question is, what are all us fans going to do when the whole series is over for good? Reread it, I suppose. Which is what I'm going to go do now.

Find anotheer big fantasy series to read in the meantime. At least, that's what I'm doing. I'm currently reading through Malazan: Book of the Fallen, and it's certainly taking my mind off the wait.

I guess crazy people shouldnt take advice from other crazy people lol. But yeah i figured the forums would be a good place to talk it out lol.. and yeah I was thinking about getting into terry brooks I hear he is pretty good, but im an engineering major so i should probably just do calculus all day to not think about it.. although i just cant help but think there has to be an alternate universe that my soul can transverse to where you can channel the one power, I am just sayin its totally logical to me. Advanced particle physics and string theory will back me up.

and are they really going to make a movie? can you make a movie out of this? I think it would have to be like a 15 season hbo special with like 10 episodes a season, and i would hate to see this butchered like most book to movie productions

um. . . about terry brooks. . .

maybe you should just reread this one a few more times.

or read the forums, where you will find discussions about the possibilities of visual representation dissected as nauseum.

i think you might enjoy listening to some podcasts, as well.

you'll never run out of WOT related material. and you'll never have to read terry brooks if you don't want to

hahaha cindy :) how do you REALLY feel about terry brooks :) haha

i agree though. finding something else to read. but i really don't like the genre of fantasy (excepting the wheel of time of course) but like you said, it's extremely logical and feels like it should actually be plausible.

but maybe you could start reading other books that are good but not necessarily part of any series. it's always good to broaden your tastes anyway, right?

but this is coming from someone who finished the series (finally!!!) last month and has already started a reread last week.

I started A Song of Ice and Fire -series while waiting for AMOL, and found out I actually like that series more than this. That's not saying I don't love WoT, though.

Anyhow, I read ASOIAF, and now I'm re-reading WoT. Just about to finish The Shadow Rising. Re-reads are extremely interesting with this series because you always find something you missed on your previous readthrough. So, re-read while you wait for AMOL. After that comes out, re-read some more. And then some more again.

um. . . about terry brooks. . .

maybe you should just reread this one a few more times.

or read the forums, where you will find discussions about the possibilities of visual representation dissected as nauseum.

i think you might enjoy listening to some podcasts, as well.

you'll never run out of WOT related material. and you'll never have to read terry brooks if you don't want to

+1, Like, QFT, etc...

Brooks was such disappointment after reading WoT.

Mistborn is a fun read. You could always reread LotR.

You're not alone. I've been reading (inconsistently) since September 2009, with some breaks here and there, and I'm finally going to start Towers of Midnight tomorrow or the next day. I had been dreading that with the realization that there would be no more WoT books for me to read for more than a year, but then I decided I'd just re-read the whole thing again, and since it's taken me about two years with some breaks to read other things, I figure I may try to read A Song of Ice and Fire between certain books, because I definitely don't want to get to Fires of Heaven and Lord of Chaos until next summer, for nostalgic purposes, which dictates that I'll have to read other books between TEoTW and TGH and between TGH and TDR as I did the first time. Perfect opportunity for me to read ASoIaF, which I've heard is really great.

Archived