DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne

DigitalSoul

Was it only me that got very irritated with the daughter-heir when she managed to get captured by the black ajah in COT which in turn led to the death of two aes sedai and like 600 soldiers?

When she got rescued she smiled and said, what took you so long? She dont even feel guilty. What kind of person behaves like that?

Was it only me that got very irritated with the daughter-heir when she managed to get captured by the black ajah in COT which in turn led to the death of two aes sedai and like 600 soldiers?

When she got rescued she smiled and said, what took you so long? She dont even feel guilty. What kind of person behaves like that?

I believe she felt sorry for the one AS she got killed, Adeleas or vandene, as for soldiers she doesnt feel bad for them because she has to have thousands of them fight to their deaths for her and she cant afford to feel terrible for all of them (although in this specific incident she shuold)

Do you mean KoD with "The House on Full-Moon Street"?

Yeah, she seemed cocky when Birgitte reached her. She's like, "Oh-I-knew-nothing-would-happen-because-my-babies-will-be-born-well." Maybe the Black Ajah would have seen to it that the babies were born healthy, so Min's viewing would still have come true, and then they kill you right after they're born so that the Shadow has Randspawn.

Do you mean KoD with "The House on Full-Moon Street"?

Yeah, she seemed cocky when Birgitte reached her. She's like, "Oh-I-knew-nothing-would-happen-because-my-babies-will-be-born-well." Maybe the Black Ajah would have seen to it that the babies were born healthy, so Min's viewing would still have come true, and then they kill you right after they're born so that the Shadow has Randspawn.

i really felt she was dumb stuck up brat in KOD "The House on Full-Moon Street". but then again i feel like shes always kind of been prissy and stuck up..

What's even worse is that she failed to learn anything from the event. She did it again when she went down into the castle dungeons to interrogate the BA in TOM. She can be shockingly dumb sometimes

thats different, its in a 'supposedly' secure location under her control

What's even worse is that she failed to learn anything from the event. She did it again when she went down into the castle dungeons to interrogate the BA in TOM. She can be shockingly dumb sometimes

Going into her own dungeons which she has zero reason to believe are not secure, where every channeler is shielded, locked up/under guard and she has Ter'Angreal that protects against weaves. Yeah shockingly stupid that.

I'll be here all week. :D

When Elayne heard she was going to get the Crown of Andor, she replied, "Or what?"

Noooo! Stop making me laugh! *chokes*

But anyways back on subject, Elayne bothers me. I don't like her. But I like that she is the way she is, cause it makes for good story telling. But I don't like her.

She's arrogant, just because someone is kind doesn't exclude them from being arrogant. She does want to do what's right be Andor, I'll give her that, but she is ridiculous! "My babies will be born safe I'm invincible! WAA! I got stabbed! My babies are they ok my babies!" Maybe you should have been a bit more careful!!! Like, I don't know, sending someone else down into the damn prison to impersonate a forsaken!

But um yeah. Don't worry DigitalSoul, you are most certainly not alone.

(mutters about bitch-slapping Elayne once she is no longer prego since she can't bear the thought of slapping a pregnant woman)

Oh one more thing, I'm actually really glad Elayne won't be able to participate in the Last Battle since she can't channel right now. Her judgment skills are crap.

Hehee, alot of good answers guys. Min should never have told Elayne about her babies being born safe. If she hadnt Elayne maybe had been more carefull which in turn had saved alot of other lifes. Maybe the pattern saves Elayne and her babies from Elaynes stupidity, but at others expense=)

Elayne means well, but has terrible judgment. This is one of the reasons hereditary monarchy is a bad idea. Lifelong power for a single individual who may well turn out to be a fool is not a good idea.

Guillotine! Guillotine!

Elayne means well, but has terrible judgment. This is one of the reasons hereditary monarchy is a bad idea. Lifelong power for a single individual who may well turn out to be a fool is not a good idea.

Guillotine! Guillotine!

As opposed to eternity-long power for numerous fools.

Hmm...

Several decades of one person being in power who may or may not be incompetent...

...versus many different people holding power for a few years at a time, some of whom will certainly be incompetent.

Both systems have flaws. It always amuses me whenever democracy is assumed to be so much better and more progressive than monarchic rule, despite democracy having its own share of inefficiencies.

I actually really like Elayne as a character because she makes bad decisions like any other 18 year old would. Also, I like that she has real faults that fit her upbringing. She was raised her whole life being told that one day people will have to give there life for her and that she should be prepared for that. What she did not get is that people should not have to die because she does something reckless, like she does in KoD and ToM.

She is a good person who has the faults of being arrogant and reckless. Her arc in the story seems to be taking her towards getting past her recklessness. Just sucks that people had to die for her to start getting over her recklessness.

It's hard to really hate Elayne as I picture her to be as much of a babe as the rest of Rand's wives. Although it was easier back when RJ used to describe all their breasts in detail haha.

She can be really annoying as a queen and she seems to act a little pretentious based on how long she's been holding the throne. Still though, she's supposed to act that way, she's Elayne.

I actually really like Elayne as a character because she makes bad decisions like any other 18 year old would.

Let's see:

Underage drinking

Running away from school (2X)

Joining the circus

Single parent

Teen pregnancy

Assault

Terroristic threatening

Living in a trailer

Attempted suicide (30X and counting)

I'm not sure what kind of 18-year-olds you hang around with, but when I was 18 a rebellious night was staying out late playing pool.

Archived