DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taimidin

I know Jordan confirmed that Mazrim Taim is not Demandred, but did he ever shut down the possibility of Taim being Moridin? I notice striking similarities myself, most notably, of late, the adoration with all things black and red. I know this theory has been circulating around here and elsewhere, but I'm not familiar if Jordan has denied it.

Someone in another thread mentioned that Taim doesn't seem as "insane" as Moridin, or as off-beat, eccentric, etc. But that could be part of Taim's disguise, and could we really say Taim hasn't shown some signs of eccentricity or even insanity?

I know Jordan confirmed that Mazrim Taim is not Demandred, but did he ever shut down the possibility of Taim being Moridin? I notice striking similarities myself, most notably, of late, the adoration with all things black and red. I know this theory has been circulating around here and elsewhere, but I'm not familiar if Jordan has denied it.

Someone in another thread mentioned that Taim doesn't seem as "insane" as Moridin, or as off-beat, eccentric, etc. But that could be part of Taim's disguise, and could we really say Taim hasn't shown some signs of eccentricity or even insanity?

RJ (or Brandon) has not specifically ruled this out. But it doesn't make any logical sense (no matter what Drekka Mort tries to tell you :biggrin: ). You should be able to find several other threads dealing with this theory that gets pretty intense on each side, so I don't really want to get into all the details all over again here. But the evidence against this theory is just impossible to explain away.

Jordan has never denied it, I'm not sure he was ever asked about it either. The theory has been heavily discussed on the forum so you might want to look at the existing threads.

I also have a lengthy writeup on it in my blog.

Jordan has never denied it, I'm not sure he was ever asked about it either. The theory has been heavily discussed on the forum so you might want to look at the existing threads.

I also have a lengthy writeup on it in my blog.

I was going to post a link to your analysis Herid, but you beat me to it.

red and black are just spiffy colors. taim might be on team moridin, but he is not in the same league. (but yeah, really long preexisting thread on this one).

Fain likes red and black too.. see ToM prologue. And then there's that prophecy about the Dragon:

"Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul." (TGH26)

Moridin just doesn't have the time to be Taim... :biggrin:

I mean he's always somewhere gathering trollocs and stuff being the master bad guy and that probably takes a lot of time.

Other than that Taim is in the BT almost constantly. Now I guess him dissapearing could be covered up by his 13x13 lackeys but it would still lose him a lot of time. It would be much easier to simply put a darkfriend to play himself than to kill that same darkfriend and act like him instead.(I presume Taim has always been a darkfriend since the BA rescued him and there ain't no way ish/mori is gonna get captured by those children).

PS: my spellcheck's been a little buggy and I'm not really sure that I'm spelling any of this in an understandable way.

Like I posted in many threads, Taim cannot be any of the 13 since none of their timelines match with his.
Like I have also posted in many threads, Taim was Taim when he was a False Dragon. Moridin returned in Taims body. Taim was once Taim but now he isnt.
The Taim mentioned in the first books I take to be the same Taim in the later books. Slight chance for some darkfriend/Forsaken to capture Taim and have enough time to question him.

Earliest for Moridin's resurrection I take to be Crown of Swords. Moridin would likely have known the truth about Sammael's supposed treaty if he was resurrected earlier.

Quick question - Ive been unable to find the quote in ToM but when Graendal got the dreamspike from Moridin, didn't Moridin say he had given the other / had plans to give the other to somebody else? Ie Moridin is not Taim unless he "gave" it to himself...

Moridin just says that the other dreamspike is being put to good use.

"You are close to losing favor, Graendal," he said, turning and holding a long, spikelike piece ofmetal, silvery and topped with a large metal head set with golden inlay. "I have found only two of these. The other is being put to good use. You may use this one."

-ToM, Ch 5

Archived