DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[SG Faire: WT & Warders] Aes Sedai thread

Elgee

I want one of all of those, especially the laundry one.

I don't really need one that cleans the litterbox, though, as I don't have a cat but I'll take one that scoops poop (horse manure). If it can also compost it, that'll be even better.

Oh, and I want one that I can hold over a spot on the carpet or tile/wood that will make pet spots (both wet and semi-solid) disappear and leave no stains or odor.

Did I mention that I really, really, really want the laundry ter'angreal?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are awesome.

I could use the cleaning one, or the Laundry one.

Especially if it puts dishes back in their places as well (We currently don't have a dish washer).

I want those!

And- Cute Kitty! That's one intimidating stare.

How about one for those of us with annoying coworkers?

I don't know what I would shape it like, but channel fire into it and the coworkers leave you alone to do their own work instead of annoying you. Or they help you complete the work you've been assigned together.

I thought of Cheat Glasses. They are ter'angreal made to look like specks. One can channel a bit of air to capture a photo of anything and with channeling air and spirit the photo would be projected so only the wearer can see that but channeling air and fire would make everyone see it. Good for cheating at some places.

Another one is Writer. When channeled a bit of earth and water into it could do all the wrting work.

Inspired by today's activities: A small, life-preserver shaped ter'angreal. When you channel water into it, it cleans the water in your swimming pool, removing all dirt and cruft.

Adding fire warms the water up!

Inspired by today's activities: A small, life-preserver shaped ter'angreal. When you channel water into it, it cleans the water in your swimming pool, removing all dirt and cruft.

Adding fire warms the water up!

And- Cute Kitty! That's one intimidating stare.

yes, Woody gives me that stare often enough. true basement Kitteh to the heart i suppose :baalzamon: i've been getting that look constantly since Saturday night, cause i rescued an 8wk old kitten and Woody is having none of it!!

we've found out that we're a one cat only family apparently :laugh: though she is a darling!! a little calico and i've named her Avendha :happy: cause even though she's cautious and a bit spooky around new situation from being a feral cat, she's still got this challenging steel like glaze in her yellow/green eyes that shows how fierce her nature really is. and she's sooo lovable!!! and has a purr motar that rumbles all the time.

wish we could keep her, but we can't afford another animal money wise :sad:

please, feel free to use my doppleganger terangreal. it creates temporary copies of myself to send to work and family gatherings and similar unpleasant social requirements.

i'll take 2 of these.

and while i'm at it; an angreal in the shape of a circle, but with no markings on it. it's a multiplier that requires a thin trickle of spirit by male or female. you place it on any inanimate object and channel into the cicle and it multiplys said object by one.

this includes money, food, clothes, toys, drinks ....

now this i could really do with

ooh, Red! I like! It's like a copy machine for stuff!

I want one that removes headaches. It would be shaped like a brush, and not require channeling, but when, used to brush your hair, removes headaches.

:aessedai:Favourite Aes Sedai Quotes - run by Nyanna al'Meara :aessedai:

Aes Sedai in the books are stereotyped as imposing and full of wisdom. They can also be quite ironic, and show a startling humorous side. Then again, they can seem incredibly pig-headed at times.

One of the things I love about the books is the dialogue. You get to know someone’s character better from what they say, and I enjoy exploring Aes Sedai’s real personalities from their own words.

Have you come across quotes that inspire you, frustrate you to the point of mental illness or compel you to collapse helplessly holding your stomach with laughter? Please share!

This is my one of my favourites from a minor Aes Sedai -

"I spit in the milk of your mother, Darkfriend! Do you hear me?" - Cabriana Mecandes to Semirhage (LoC, Ch6) Very brave of her even though she’s not very strong in the OP and had suffered so much pain.

I split myself laughing when I read about Elayne having a go at Teslyn Baradon in PoD Chapter 1 -

“You have no right to interfere in anything we do, in anything that any sister does. No right whatsoever. So pull your nose out of our coats, you summer ham!”

So be it profound, hair-tug-inducing, or downright screamingly funny - quote your favourite sayings by or about Aes Sedai!

this has been, and probably always will be my ultimate fav quote out of the entire series!!

"I dare the truth, Elaida," Egwene said quietly. "you are a coward and a tyrant. I'd name you Darkfriend as well, but I suspect that the Dark One would perhaps be embarrassed to associate with you." - Egwene, tGS

"A wise ruler takes advice, but should never be seen to take it. Let them think you know more than you do. It will not harm them, and it will help you." Elayne, TSR

"Do not trouble trouble till trouble troubles you." Siuan, also TSR

"Borrow trouble and you repay ten-fold." Nynaeve, also TSR

"When you are weak, the best choice is often to hide." Moiraine, TDR

A very true and insightful one from Siuan:

"...the Law of Unintended Consequences, stronger than any written Law. 'Whether or not what you do has the effect you want, it will have three at least you never expected, and one of those usually unpleasant.'"

We all know that Aes Sedai "speak no word that is not true". But did you really hear what you think you heard?

Keyholder will lead the final part of our event, "Aes Sedai speak". Listen very carefully :wink:

Hi All! I’m Keyholder, aka Key and a whole set of other names. I shall be your host for the last part of the Social Faire.

Language is a large part of our lives – whether we all speak the same one or not, we use it daily to express ourselves. We use it to express our thoughts, feelings, opinions, and more. Language afford us the ability to communicate with each other on a higher level: replacing those grunts and gestures for the ability to tell someone exactly what we mean. But we can also use it to hide things. To sound like we are answering a question, or telling a story, but in actuality say nothing at all. This requires extreme control over your language. You must know it well in order to twist and turn it.

What I always found funny, or perhaps convenient, about Randland is that everyone speaks the same language. Sure, Illianers have issues with grammar, and Seanchan sound like they are slurred, but everyone is still able to understand everyone. They all go along their merry way being able to speak to anyone and everyone they encounter.

Except, Aes Sedai. I’ve come to think of the way Aes Sedai speak as the one different language of Randland. Yes, they use the same words and are technically heard, but the language they are speaking is much different from those fresh from the Two Rivers, Borderlands, or Seanchan.

Please join us for:

Daes Dae'mar: A Game of Words

The truth an Aes Sedai speaks is not always the truth you think you hear.

You can participate in one of three ways:

1) Give a phrase and I, or Elgee, will translate it into “Aes Sedai speak”

2) Ask a question, and we give an "Aes Sedai speak" answer.

3) You can also try to guess what the answer we give someone (or you) really means, as opposed to what it appears on the surface.

*raises hand*

OOOOoooo!!! OOooooOOOO!!! me! me! ME!!!! I know!!! ME!!!!

*frowns as Elgee whispers something to her*

Oh. Right. I'm supposed to know because I'm kinda leading this thing. Right. Okay. Well. I really do know...

Archived