DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Metalheads?

metallicafan08

I went to a Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie show this last fall that was excellent. Been a metal fan for my whole life. I have been listening to Megadeth in the backround for the last six books, so....Yes, I am a metal fan.

Speaking of metal to listen to WoT to. Tool is about the best you can come up with, other than Clutch and Megadeth.

My two cents.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel free to pop by the Band of the Red Hand Social Group to discuss some music, since we are the Social Group dedicated to that area.

I am definitely more of a symphonic metal fan, and mainly female fronted ones, so groups like Within Temptation and Nightwish.

I did see Blind Guardian live last year, where they played their song called Wheel of Time. The album version is much better than the live version, unless you had a full orchestra.

lol Corki beat me too it. yep, you guys shoudl defenatley check out the Bands Social Group; they always have alot of music related stuff going on!!

i woudln't really call myself a "metalhead" i've got a really ecletic music taste bth. pretty much like everything except Rap & Bluegrass. and i wouldn't really call LP metal, their songs are more alt rock or grunge imo

speaking of WoT themed songs in metal bands .... anyone ever think of Rand being trapped in the Box in LoC when you listen to "Bodies" by Disturbed or "Man in the Box" by Alice in Chains *grins*

my list is pretty good though for Metal (most of my music is Classic Rock or Classical lmao)

Alice in Chains

Godsmack

Disturbed

Metallica (Black Album only)

AC/DC

Kiss

Ozzy

POD

Tool

Scorpions

Nine Inch Nails

System of a Down

I have a very eclectic taste in music, but I grew up with metal, and it will always have a special lace in my life.

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, Kiss, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Entombed, Meshuggah, Dismember, Black Sabbath, WASP, Mötley Crüe, Aerosmith, Accept, Saxon, Helloween, Deicide, Candlemass, King Diamond, Yngwe Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Gary Moore...

Love the Maiden. Other assorted awesomeness: Iced Earth, Demons & Wizards, Dragonforce, Faith no More, Zao, Amon Amarth, 3 Inches of Blood, Demon Hunter, Falconer, Lanfear (named after our favorite Chosen), Queensryche, Symphony X, Tourniquet, and Winterfell (obscure ASOIF Tribute band - released two albums released before they split up).

About 80% of the band's mentioned here arent heavy metal, KoRn, Linkin park, Disturbed, METALLICA ESPECIALLY. If you disagree go join Ultimate guitar or any respectable music board, and try to post about those band's in the heavy metal thread.... you wont.

Either way, what people like is what they like.

Cannibal Corpse

Gorgasm

Defeated Sanity

Vomitory

Belphegor

Burzum

Ulcerate

Necrophagist

Cynic

Atheist

Spawn of possesion

Possesd

Evile

Slayer

Severed Saviour

The list could go on and on. And I mean no offense to anyone, if you really want to discuss what IS "heavy metal" or not, feel free to PM me.

My style of Metal leans towards the bands Muddy, Terrah, and Subjectivity have posted already.

I would just like to add to their lists some more bands such as....

Nevermore

Evergrey

Enslaved

Wolves in the Throne Room

Virgin Black

Emperor

Immortal

Iced Earth

Mercenary

Insomnium

Kalmah

This list could literally go on forever lol. But I basically like most genre's of metal, (black, death, symphonic, grind, ambient, doom). Not really into metal-core or nu-metal at all.

Metal is metal is metal.

I like

Disturbed

Tool <3

Linkin Park

Korn

Blind Guardian

Coheed and Cambria

Nightwish

SOAD

Serj Tankian

I have listened to Wheel of Time from Blind Guardian. Really epic song. =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Huge metalhead here.

My favorite bands (mostly metal) are in roughly this order

Iron Maiden

Procupine Tree

Kamelot

Dark Tranquillity

The Gathering

Blind Guardian (they have at least two awesome songs about WoT. Basically my main criterion for what fantasy to read is whether or not it's inspired a Blind Guardian song.)

The Who

Pramaze (another great band for all things fantasy)

Opeth

I made a thread like this once a long time ago lol.

I'm a huge metalhead, and although I like a good majority of the bands mentioned already, I also like harder music even more.

Some of my favorite bands are:

Asking Alexandria

Haste The Day

Becoming The Archetype

Demon Hunter

I love a ton more bands, but those are my favorites.

Asking Alexandria is seriously the most talented band I've seen in a lot of ways. In the genre anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Metallica- Blackened, Unforgiven (all of them), One, And Justice for all, Master of Puppets and HEAPS more

System of a Down- Chop Suey, B.Y.O.B, Revenga, Sad Statue

Iron Maiden- Children of the Damned, Number of the Beast, Fear of the Dark, Run to the Hills

Slayer- World Painted Blood

Evanescence- Bring me to Life

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Czechs In The M'Hael

Metallica and System of a Down mostly. I go through phases with regard to favorite songs, off the top of my head...

Nothing Else Matters

Astronomy

Unforgiven 1+2 (seriously, why all the sailor references in 3? The whole thing had Rand all over until 3 spoiled it)

Ecstacy of Gold

Blackened

Eye of the Beholder

Sanitarium

Too many to carry on with Metallica

Actually one more. So What. hahahaha

BYOB

Question

Chop Suey

Toxicity

Ego Brain (major fave at the mo)

Thetawaves

Soil

A.D.D

I dont mind some Maiden too although I dont listen to them much, so track names are beyond me

Metallica, Tool, Opeth, Scale the Summit, Joe Satriani, Apoclyptica, Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, Pantera, AiC, Rodrigo Y Gabriela

About 80% of the band's mentioned here arent heavy metal, KoRn, Linkin park, Disturbed, METALLICA ESPECIALLY.

Metallica are heavy metal, amongst other things.

If you disagree go join Ultimate guitar or any respectable music board, and try to post about those band's in the heavy metal thread.... you wont.

You mean UG.com where there is a Metallica specific thread in the "metal" sub-forum?

Forums like that attract a lot of immature "trv methul!!1" elitists who think that if something is popular then it's automatically crap/not heavy/not metal. Those kinds of people aren't worth paying attention to.

Disclaimer: I don't know nearly enough Metalica to qualify the above as true or not. I just saw comedy and went into attack mode.

Would Mars Volta count as metal?

Probably not. *listens to them singing in spanish over an acoustic guitar* Yeah definately not right now anyway.

Archived