DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favourite Dark-Side Character

Lord D

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favourite dark-side character?

He sets fires to the Caemlyn graineries

Say what now? This continues after his capture.

Yes but he did help

kills Eldrith and Temaile

Who are his allies.

preventing them from revealing anything else.

The BA Oath does that now they know Elayne is faking being Forsaken.

I would argue that Verin reveals her knowledge at the hour of her death and would allow Eldrith and Temaile to do that and divulge any other information and Hanlon took that slight advantage away. Now, this point is highly contestable and I admit that.

He killed most of the shadows that Elayne set on him. He's pretty ruthless and he's still alive and you can't say that about lots of other DF, including many forsaken

This is true. For now. Still--he was defeated by Hark. HARK!

Yeah, he got pwned with this but Elayne is the clever one on coming up with this but Hanlon was still able to get away with help and didn't allow Elayne to kill him

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oxmatt

If there hadn't been Cyndane I would have gone for Lanfear... but Taim is the one that interests me the most, and the comeuppance that I am savouring over the most.

Fain.

His craziness is unlike any other, and nothing and nobody has been able to defeat him since book 1. He has only become so much more powerful since then, converting legions of Trollocs into

more powerful zombie versions.

Honorable mentions to Ishamael and Lanfear.

Aside from Ishamael, and possibly Lanfear (wanting to challenge the Creator and DO with the Choden Khal), the Forsaken are merely idiotic pawns of the DO.

Demandred is the most pathetic of all the Forsaken, crybaby #2 to LTT/DA MAN.

Voted Other. The Dark side is not really my favorite.

By the way, Taim's alliance is uncertain to me at this time. Though it seems certain that he is non-Light (which does not necessarily make him part of the Dark).

Lanfear because she's dark and passionate and supremely powerful all at the same time. She lost a few points for becoming subservient to Moridin as Cyndane and losing a bit of her power regardless of whether she had an angreal or not but it cannot overrule her initial dark-side awesomeness. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ishamael is a pretty cool guy

He topples empires and doesn't really afraid of anything.

:tongue: Seriously, though. His conversations with Rand and POVs are some of the best scenes in the series.

Slayer is cool too, his fight with Perrin was exactly as how i imagined it yet. Which includes awesome.

Padan Fain was very cool at some times [e.g The Great Hunt, The Shadow Rising and Towers of Midnight] but at other times...meh.

Favourite Dark Side Character? Darth Va... oh wait :rolleyes:

I voted Ishy/Moridin. I mean, who doesn't like a guy dressed all in black with fire fuming out his eyes and mouth? Also, he is a cool character, very interesing to read. He just always seems calm(except that one moment in Ebou Dar).

Graendal is a near second for me. She is another awesome character. She compulses everybody who comes near her, basically mucking up their minds. She is so subtle, with her plans, yet so straightforward - stealing the rulers of Shara and keeping powerful people as pets, anyone? - and that makes her awesome.

Also I think Fain is good. His POV's make me crige whenever I read them. Lanfear was also pretty cool. Then there is also Paitr Conel who I didn't recognise at first, but now i recognise he seemed to have a decent plan for Morgase before beign thwarted by those pesky Whitecloaks. Although he was useless with Rand :laugh:

Demedred because he's one of the few bad guys who hasn't failed spectacularly yet. Kind of surprised he didn't get Na Bilis but I guess his hate makes him a liability. As for Herold, while he hasn't been that great of success, getting out with a replica foxhead medallion could be significant

Graendal is a near second for me. She is another awesome character. She compulses everybody who comes near her, basically mucking up their minds. She is so subtle, with her plans, yet so straightforward - stealing the rulers of Shara and keeping powerful people as pets, anyone? - and that makes her awesome.

i wish graendal would steal me. I so wish to be her pet

Archived