DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ATTN: Everyone Open RP

murf2011

Thinking of initiating a robbery in a major city (aside from Caemlyn) and seeing what happens from then. Maybe the theif/s get arrested? Or the Guards sweep the city for us Freebooters in hopes of getting the robber/s? Open to all and their ideas :)

This RP is now closed to those who have posted. Once mini-bio's have been submitted, we will start. Hint, hint.

Edited by Arlow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to allow people to create a TPC for this RP event.

definition of a TPC:

TPC is a temporary player character

to get one, you write a very teensy bio

they are used for a small period of time

like 1 RP arc

and then killed off or otherwise removed from the story

you are allowed to write as TPCs (with permission) even if you have 3 regular PC (player characters) of your own

Arlow, feel free to recruit participants for your RP on the welcome Inn board and the planning board too. And let them know they can use a TPC for it. It can make a difference if they know they don't have to create a FL character.

I think we should work out our story before we work out our characters so we will know what characters are needed. We can definitely keep adding people if others come along, but we need to think up a plot for our RP.

So we need the Who, What, Where, Why, When and Hows of this Robbery RP.

I think we should work out our story before we work out our characters so we will know what characters are needed. We can definitely keep adding people if others come along, but we need to think up a plot for our RP.

So we need the Who, What, Where, Why, When and Hows of this Robbery RP.

Maybe a merchant train heading into the city? Or it could be in the city and left alone for the night? I don't mind which city, I've just rode out of Caemlyn though... I'd have to say nighttime, because it would just be foolish in daylight. Maybe, we could get the Freebooters who are participating to play as robbers, then use TPC's as the merchant guards/City Guards? Maybe get a cart and load it up (but for this, I would say that outside the city is better) and then have the Freebooters fight with the guards while the disguised cart gets away with "hay" in the back? then maybe City Guards come out, because of the delayed arrival, and pursue the Freebooters?

Just throwing out an idea or two

Dylan :)

I am really really interested in this, but only as a TPC, and not really a guard or anything...

I would be more than willing to play perhaps some one in the merchant train?

Or I could be a traveling noble that was just too good to be passed up by robbers :P

I am totally willing to beat some one with my purse and yell "Stop! Thief!"

Ooh! i love RP!

am i allowed to join this one even though i'm not a member of Freelanders?

if i am, i will gladly be the cruel, tempermental, corrupt, arrogant, Darkfriend Guard Captain who will stop at nothing to restore his image and apprehend these "scum" who dare to steal from "his" city. Once he finds them, they will pay for sullying his reputation! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Ps: what does TPC mean?

Edited by Blackhoof

Ooh! i love RP!

if i am, i will gladly be the cruel, tempermental, corrupt, arrogant, Darkfriend Guard Captain who will stop at nothing to restore his image and apprehend these "scum" who dare to steal from "his" city. Once he finds them, they will pay for sullying his reputation! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

For sure :) the more the merrier

TPC is a temporary player character

to get one, you write a very teensy bio

they are used for a small period of time

like 1 RP arc

and then killed off or otherwise removed from the story

you are allowed to write as TPCs (with permission) even if you have 3 regular PC (player characters) of your own

I am really really interested in this, but only as a TPC, and not really a guard or anything...

I would be more than willing to play perhaps some one in the merchant train?

Or I could be a traveling noble that was just too good to be passed up by robbers :P

I am totally willing to beat some one with my purse and yell "Stop! Thief!"

First, love that siggy! :blink::wub:

You can play a noble, so long as it's a minor noble. This is not to be difficult, but we're keeping tabs on the nobles for the entire PSW in order to keep a level of continuity throughout the storylines :)

:biggrin: glad to have you on board, Limi!

Ooh! i love RP!

What Arlow said and welcome Blackhoof! :smile:

Just a general note on the TTPC character:

You don't need to write an extensive biography for a TTPC character but you do need to write a mini bio on them and send it to me at FLDiv[at]dragonmount[dot]com

This is a perfect opportunity to play a character that may be killed, maimed or otherwise treated in a way you may not want one of your permanent characters to be and have fun with it. For the very definition of a TTPC character is that it is used only once. (hence the leniancy towards the bio). It is alo a perfect way to test the waters of a Group you may not be fully sure of if RPing a character of that Group is your cup' o' tea.

I am thrilled to see people jump on this opportunity! :biggrin:

Sounds like a lot of fun! Let's see....... how about a travelling singer lass who sings in the seedier taverns... reckon you could work her into the story somewhere? She could work in conjuction with a team of thieves <enter Arlow's char>, getting patrons of seedy taverns fall down drunk then her fellows rob them as they leave and are unable to defend themselves *snickers*

Sounds like a lot of fun! Let's see....... how about a travelling singer lass who sings in the seedier taverns... reckon you could work her into the story somewhere? She could work in conjuction with a team of thieves <enter Arlow's char>, getting patrons of seedy taverns fall down drunk then her fellows rob them as they leave and are unable to defend themselves *snickers*

I like the way you think XD

First, love that siggy! :blink::wub:

You can play a noble, so long as it's a minor noble. This is not to be difficult, but we're keeping tabs on the nobles for the entire PSW in order to keep a level of continuity throughout the storylines :)

:biggrin: glad to have you on board, Limi!

Oh yes, I don't mind if it's a minor noble :P As long as I have a pretty dress, and have something worth stealing I wouldn't care. :P

And thanx! I came up with it when I was about to go to bed :p

Well, I reckon we give people one more day to sign up, then we'll start. So what's our plan? Do we want to rob the mechant/s inside or outside of a city? Which city? Day or night? What are they carrying that makes us want to rob them? How are we going to go about robbing them and getting away? Please, feel free to voice your opinion on how this should go :)

Edit: Myst, are you gonna join in??

Edited by Arlow

Arlow, you can't start until the mini bios have been sent. So poke your co-writers in to sumitting them. :)

I'm sorry but I won't be joining this RP. I'm fighting off a sickness and my inspiration is all shot.

Blackhoof, all we need for a mini bio is the following:

name character:

Guild:

role:

short background: you don't need to go in to great detail here, just provide a little information on the character that will be relevant to the RP. Usually this takes the form of an intro up to the start of the RP but without going too much in to details.

example: what leads a noble girl to hire a merchant train? Or how did the blackfriend captain get the job as the merchaint train's defense leader? Or how did the barmaid come to work in the tavern on that particular day? etc.

okay so after about 5 minutes of debate, myself and Em have decided that she will play a thief along with me :D so I was thinking, Thorkin, would you still be willing to play as a ctiy Guard that comes out coz of the delayed arrival of Limi's train of wagons? and chase us away? Kat have you thought of a role? or are you gonna stick with being Limi's maid? :P

*Pokes the thread members again*

I'm eager to get started, so please submit before too long? I'll be poking every day :P