DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

An Aiel Visit

Minuet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*smirks* I'm probably the only person here who says "Oh, I hope not! I hate snow!!! Ok, I don't hate snow... I hate that is has to be cold in order for it to snow. *laughs* Glad ya'll are having fun, though! :D

i hate snow too. finally someone who feels with me.

it's mostly that the snow makes it so much harder to move around, that and the cold

*grins* lovely cookies, Adella! And I love crocheted scarves! I'm thinking of making some for presents for folks at work this year, since they're all oggling mine all the time! LOL We'll see...

And Happy birthday to Kathleen's son, too! :D How old will he be?

My mom has made me a few scarves, and they are the warmest scarves I have ever owned! I use them so much more than store bought ones :biggrin:

Thank you all for the kind birthday wishes. He had a great day! He had no nap and he was up three hours later than his bed time. He was full of junk food and spoiled with too many presents, but he had a very great day and he loved every minute of it so I guess thats what counts right? If I didn't say it before, we were celebrating his turning 2 birthday.

I hate the way people down her in NC react when they see snow.

South Carolina too, they go to the store and buy milk, eggs, cheese, bread, basically all the dairy products. Crazy southerners...

*clears her throat and points to Savannah, GA on the map* I'm one of those crazy southerners and if you'd ever experienced being trapped in your house because you can't get out anywhere for a week, you'd stock up on stuff, too, missy!

Don't feel bad, though, we laugh when you yankees start a run on Home Depot and Lowe's for Air Conditioners. ;)

The day they make me cross the Mason/Dixon line to live is the day you may as well put a bullet in me. I'm just going to make you miserable until you do. *laughs* If people bring me hot tea when I order it sweet, I'm too far away from home!

I hate the way people down her in NC react when they see snow.

South Carolina too, they go to the store and buy milk, eggs, cheese, bread, basically all the dairy products. Crazy southerners...

*clears her throat and points to Savannah, GA on the map* I'm one of those crazy southerners and if you'd ever experienced being trapped in your house because you can't get out anywhere for a week, you'd stock up on stuff, too, missy!

Don't feel bad, though, we laugh when you yankees start a run on Home Depot and Lowe's for Air Conditioners. ;)

In NC they just buy the milk and bread. Me and other Northern Transplants wonder what they plan to do with just milk and bread. Maybe make french toast? But they have no eggs and if the power goes out what then?

The worst parts about the north:

1) It's made me addicted to diet drinks because they don't serve derned sweet tea ANYWHERE, and I can name the four places they do (Famous Daves, Cracker Barrel, McDonalds, Texas Roadhouse). That's IT.

2) The word POP.

3) The cold.

4) Bland accents, and no southern hospitality (aka holding doors open, being nice, friendly, etc)

I have more, but those are what I can come up with at 1am...

Mmm french toast.

1) It's made me addicted to diet drinks because they don't serve derned sweet tea ANYWHERE, and I can name the four places they do (Famous Daves, Cracker Barrel, McDonalds, Texas Roadhouse). That's IT.

2) The word POP.

3) The cold.

4) Bland accents, and no southern hospitality (aka holding doors open, being nice, friendly, etc)

I have more, but those are what I can come up with at 1am...

Mmm french toast.

I live in the north, but not the "north" (woo for the west coast being it's own category) and we say SODA. Also, southern drawls can be just as annoying :tongue: Not that I don't think they're totally awesome, I love making people talk who don't sound like everyone from my area :laugh:

*Snickers* I think one of the main ones for me was Coke. "Run in and

buy me a Coke." *Goes in store and brings out a Coca-Cola*

"I wanted you to bring me a Pepsi or Mountain Dew.." :blink:

Translation:

Coke = Pepsi

Coke = any carbonated beverage.

I got it now though. :cool:

I call everything coke... don't judge.

Simpler to just have two drinks: oosquai and water. *sniff*

Haha You do have a point Alanna. :D

Well I live in New York and they do sell sweet tea in McDonalds at least. And I wish we had a Dennys and Cracker Barrell. You hav4 to go to New Jersey or PA for that. :P I get that Coke thing too sometimes with my older relatives and I still don’t get it. I always end up bringing them the wrong one.

The funniest reaction to weather is in southern California. They freak when it rains…I’d LOVE to see Riverside CA get snow. I think they’d declare a national emergency. LOL

Never had sweet tea until I moved down here. I thought it would be sweetened iced tea (which I hate) but it isn't and is not to bad.

2) The word POP.

It will be a cold day in Hell before I call pop soda.

3) The cold.

Go sledding or skiing on a day in the mid 20's, oh that's nice. The humidity down here makes the warmer "cold" more brutal, but up north there is less humidity so you could do outdoor physical activities in just a sweatshirt, gloves, and hat/headband. And sitting in an outdoor hot tub on a 20 degree day is awesome, even if you have to walk through knee deep snow for it.

I'm glad I don't sound like a Seanchan :seanchan: and in the South people are more polite but less friendly and in the Midwest people my by less polite but are more friendly. But those Yankees to the East, ya there jerks.

In NC they just buy the milk and bread. Me and other Northern Transplants wonder what they plan to do with just milk and bread. Maybe make french toast? But they have no eggs and if the power goes out what then?

Actually, most folks down here have natural gas ovens for just that reason. Worst case scenario, if you lose power, you close off the room closest to the kitchen and cook to warm up that part of the house. ;)

And, Kaznen, if you met an impolite Southerner, they were probably a transplanted yankee in disguise. There are a lot of those around these days... *mutters*

Actually, most folks down here have natural gas ovens for just that reason. Worst case scenario, if you lose power, you close off the room closest to the kitchen and cook to warm up that part of the house. ;)

And, Kaznen, if you met an impolite Southerner, they were probably a transplanted yankee in disguise. There are a lot of those around these days... *mutters*

Oh, I've met many polite Southerners. Just not a whole lot of nice ones.

LMAO! That's amazing. ^.^ I'm a very nice southerner that just so happens to be in the north... *cough*

That's what we call "Spreading the love," babe. *grins* Go teach 'em how it's done!

Oh, I've met many polite Southerners. Just not a whole lot of nice ones.

*shakes her head* where are you lookin', sugar? We exist and, believe it or not, we're not few and far between. Of course, I suppose that's subject to change depending on the social climate... my class would argue that I'm not nice at all right now, for example. *laughs*

We are glad you have enjoyed our visit. We sure have too. We are off to the Ogier now, but some might still come and post. Thank you for sharing your lovely group with us. We hope you all have a festive month and may you always find water and shade.

Archived