DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones

Emperor

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O ... M .... & G!!!! i got shivers and grinned like a fool the entire time watching that *squees like a total fan girl* i sooo cant wait!!! my sundays are goign to be full of epicness!! the Borgasi's & Game of Thrones!!! YAY!!!!!!! only thing better ot complete that line up would be for Dex to fall in the middle :happy:

less than a month to go!!!!

New featurettes about House Lannister and Baratheon.

The Lannister featurette gives us our first glimpse of Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister, as well as our first good look at Jack Gleeson as Joffrey and Gethin Anthony as Renly. We also get to see a brief glimpse of a certain boar hunt scene and a single shot from a large battle sequence (with Bronn and Tyrion looking knackered).

So many videos your face will melt off.

My favourite one is Tyrion Lannister's. He utterly inhabits the role, nailing Tyrion's odd feeling of fellowship with Jon, his delight in needling Theon, his genuine love for Jaime, his hatred of Cersei and his need to prove his innocence to Catelyn and clear his name. But it's the final bit which is awesome: "Close the door!"

The Ned Stark one is also great, especially Aidan Gillen channelling Carcetti as Littlefinger: "The Crown is six million in debt!" I half-expected him to explain how he'd have to reduce the education budget in East Baltimore as a result :)

The Khal Drogo one is also amusing, if just for Jason Momoa's description of the character as "The top pimp." The Viserys one is also splendid, showing Harry Lloyd doing that crazy mental eye-work he first picked up on DOCTOR WHO in 'Human Nature'.

the only issue i have when i watched these was with the actress who plays Cersie and the Actor who plys Visery's.

first the Cersie one. she says "I think Cersie did love Robert in the beginning but was scorned because he screamed another womans name in bed"

this we know is false, becuase we learn later through Cersies POV that she was never in love with Robert at all and it was always a marrage of durty for her and she resented it from the beginning

then theres Visery's. the actor says "he misses his sister, she used to be all his. he's her mother, father, & brother all in one. and they woudl have been married in the original targeryn history. so to see her have a life of her own, to see her lead other people, to see her speak a language he didn't teach her; i think it's hard for him"

i HATE that he's trying to put a sympathetic twist to Visery's actions in the book towards Danny. what he says, all of us readers know to be total crock of crap. Viserys is a spoiled little arogant brat; who sold his sister like meat and woudl pimp her out to anyone inorder to get back the throne (somethhing he actually tells her in the books as he twists her nipple when we first meet them). he see's her as a barganing chip, there is nothing Paternal or Bortherly in his treatment of her. he blames her for the death of their mother as well; so holds a deep seeded hatred for her as well.

and it's not the fact that he can't adjust to her new life why he begins lashing out at her; it's because he's impatient to get his army and it makes him feel better to bully and belittle her. what he can't adjust to is the fact Danny finally stands up to him and takes awayhis only punching bag. he's an utter jerk and got the fate he diserved. he's one of the few characters in this book that neither diserves sympathy nor is sympathetic as all. same as Joff & the Mountian. those three characters were about the most vile, hateful, diserved to have very painful long lasting deaths in the entire series. and trying to put a sympathetic edge to "why they act this way" is demeaning to the other characters that suffered because of their hatefullness.

this is about as bad as Ralph Vines trying to make Voldemort "Humanly Evil" when theres nothing Human left in Voldemort. stop trying to give the bad guys in the story a sympathetic line to their reasonsings for beign such crappy people.

A new video called Game of Thrones: On Location. A few scenes that we haven't seen before I think.

the only issue i have when i watched these was with the actress who plays Cersie and the Actor who plys Visery's.

first the Cersie one. she says "I think Cersie did love Robert in the beginning but was scorned because he screamed another womans name in bed"

this we know is false, becuase we learn later through Cersies POV that she was never in love with Robert at all and it was always a marrage of durty for her and she resented it from the beginning

then theres Visery's. the actor says "he misses his sister, she used to be all his. he's her mother, father, & brother all in one. and they woudl have been married in the original targeryn history. so to see her have a life of her own, to see her lead other people, to see her speak a language he didn't teach her; i think it's hard for him"

I think the actors try to find sympathetic traits about their characters to help them understand and identify with them. I thought it was an interesting take on the characters even though I don't 100 % agree with it.

I'm happy about Lena Headey as Cersei. She's beautiful (I've been hearing people complain that she's not good-looking enough) and from the clips it looks like she'll be able to pull of Cersei's cold attitude.

How are the Brits here liking Peter Dinklage's accent? It sounds a bit off to me. It reminds me of the live RPers in the movie Role Models.

This is the press release where it will be available:

HBO will present - for the first time - a sneak peek of the first 15 minutes of the first episode of a new series when GAME OF THRONES EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW debuts SUNDAY, APRIL 3 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT). Following this one-time-only play, GAME OF THRONES EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW will be available immediately on hbo.com and HBO Go, and will be available on HBO On Demand beginning Monday, April 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Following this one-time-only play, GAME OF THRONES EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW will be available immediately on hbo.com and HBO Go, and will be available on HBO On Demand beginning Monday, April 4.

Now to hope the website won't be region-locked. :\

A major and very positive review from THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER. As one of the two major US entertainment trade papers, this is a pretty big deal:

Barely a few minutes into HBO’s epic Game of Thrones series, it’s clear that the hype was right and the wait was worth it.

It’s difficult to single out the most accomplished parts of Thrones. The ambition is immense, the fantasy world exceptionally well-conceived, the writing and acting elevating the entire series beyond contemporaries like The Borgias and Camelot, and the visual appeal continues to surprise with each episode.

Testify!

Archived