DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones

Emperor

I would kill to see a well animated Wheel of Time series. Its really the only way I think they could do it without blowing the budget on special effects at times. And there's no chance they'll make 14 WoT movies as awesome as it'd be.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's almost certain it will be either 3 April or 10 April. Any later than that and they'll be bumping back TRUE BLOOD's fourth season, and HBO will not want to move their flagship ratings show for anything. In fact, to air on 10 April they'd still have to run over Memorial Weekend, so I think 3 April is the most likely possbility at this stage.

On Friday and Saturday there's going to be a HBO press junket thing in Los Angeles, with GRRM, Sean Bean, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage and various producers in attendance. I think it's very likely we'll get an airdate then.

HBO series, not movie.

Anyways, Why is Deaneries(sp) eyebrows black, when her hair is silver?

Kinda throws it all off for me. :P

Their eyebrows have silver highlights, not immediately visible in some of the stills apparently, but the journalists covering the event at the TCA commented on them in some of the close-ups in the two new trailers they were shown. Apparently the full-silver eyebrows looked too distracting.

• Community Administrator

Yeah, I could see that being off-putting

In the still in this one, I find the Jet Black Bushy Eyebrows to be distracting like a Uni-Brow. It stands out way, way to much with the silver hair.

Simply bleaching them, or making them 'blonder' than black would do a world better than that imo. (Besides, black eyebrows, silver hair, just cries 'Her hair is dyed!) :P

It be like Marilyn Monroe with Black Eyebrows.

• 2 weeks later...

Turned off from HBO's upcoming big-budget fantasy series "Game of Thrones" because the magic and fantasy elements will essentially render it a small screen "Lord of the Rings"? You needn't be worried it would seem.

Sitting down with MTV News, show writers Dan Weiss and David Benioff say this adaptation of George R.R. Martin's book series is "a show about power...it's really about the human story" says Benioff.

That means the magic aspect is being kept to a minimum, and when used it'll be handled as realistically as possible - "Magic is there and it plays an important part but it's much more on the fringes, and characters are skeptical about the existence of the supernatural the way people in our world are skeptical about it," says Benioff. "And when they encounter it they are as full of dread and shock as people in our world would be, I think, after encountering ghosts and other critters."

For the full interview, click here

Being about halfway through the second book, my favorite character has changed from Arya (still badass) to Tyrion. He's a balla hobbit who is pretty damn smart and entertaining. I'm glad that he is the main focus of Clash of Kings. He just finished battling men twice his size in defense of Casterly Rock and I have a feeling he is going to have a badass scar when I see him next.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HBO have hit us with

- which is excellent - and a new website called The Maester's Path.

The latter is a new interactive puzzle site where, each week from now to early April, a fresh puzzle will be unveiled. Rather like those old LOST alternate-reality games, solving the puzzles requires some strategic googling of other websites. In this case, HBO sent out presentation boxes packed with maps, scrolls and symbols to various critics and bloggers last week. These boxes contained intriguing symbols, which Westeros.org has handily coallated here (the comments from the appropriate entry on the Winter is Coming site contain the solution, but it's pretty easy).

The reward for the first puzzle is our first full scene from the TV series, and an iconic moment from the books :)

Archived