DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What would you do if you were Rand?

Jblaylock

If you haven't read "the Gathering Storm" yet, then this will be a spoiler.

I heaven't read TOM yet, so I'm picking up from where TGS left off. Most of his relationships are shot. He's so sickly hardened and cold that he almost killed his own father, and his own lover (the closest of his three, Min) acts different around him. The last battle is drawing nearer, you feel less and less ready for it. You are losing yourself to yourself (Lews Therin). You feel somewhat mad. You know what you have to do, but you have the power to avoid doing it and just either run away or abuse your power to live the best life you can while you can. And you've just flown on up to Dragonmount and blasted the hell out of the Choydingdong. Now you laugh, and you have some of your personality back, but you are still faced with the same decisions.

What woudl you do?

I can tell you that I would not go through with it. I'd make a gateway and jump the hell away from Randland, as far as I can, with Min. Then I'd build a nice cottage somewhere and make lots of babies with her. When the last battle comes, I'd die happily, with everyone else.

I'm insterest in every one elses opinions and resolves.

Kill cadsuane

have more sex with min and avi (not elayne since she's preggo)

Ah, that's more like it. Min and Avi, instead of just Min. Yes, I'd take Avi with me as well, I guess. And I'd kill Cadsueane, as you say. I'd probably also kill Nyneave, Egwene, the entire white tower, the entire black tower, the kin, the sea folk, the seanchan, thom, matt, perrin, faile, the band of the red dong, all the thousands and millions of dragon sworn, and anybody else who might come looking for me in an attempt to convince me to come back and help. Hell, I guess I'd basicaly just supplant the darkone and do whatever it is he was planning on doing.

Kill cadsuane

have more sex with min and avi (not elayne since she's preggo)

Ah, that's more like it. Min and Avi, instead of just Min. Yes, I'd take Avi with me as well, I guess. And I'd kill Cadsueane, as you say. I'd probably also kill Nyneave, Egwene, the entire white tower, the entire black tower, the kin, the sea folk, the seanchan, thom, matt, perrin, faile, the band of the red dong, all the thousands and millions of dragon sworn, and anybody else who might come looking for me in an attempt to convince me to come back and help. Hell, I guess I'd basicaly just supplant the darkone and do whatever it is he was planning on doing.

What???? NOOOOO just the white tower and egwene.

foursome

then another foursome

Hows that for the end of the world party? hahaha

Unambitious. Think, man: you're a channeler, you can learn compulsion. Why stop at four? Millions of people, all going out with a bang.

As for me, I'd simply say "bugger epiphanies, Moridin has a point", before annihilating creation.

I wouldn't have done the Veins of Gold thing. I'd just go mad and start throwing Balefire at the White Tower and screwing everyone's crap up. Then I'd die laughing. After taking the Pattern down with me. Don't want to be reborn you see :biggrin:! And no greater exit party than destroying reality its self. The Creator will make it all again anyway, why not have fun with it?

I would defeat the Dark One, and then I would make the Aes Sedai wish I hadnt. I would turn up at the White Tower with Logain and Taim, the three of us wearing nasty grins-time for some payback! If Logain had anything to say about Taim, I would say "Would you rather I had him and his soabs, or would you rather the Dark One use them against humanity? Whats that, you think I should keep him? Exactly, now shut your face, put on your evil grin, and enjoy some nice cold revenge."

overall summery what would you do if you were rand after TGS

me? i'd slaughter every single woman, painfully, i'd enjoy it, i'd break them, it would be like a torrent coming from Commeragh. But first, i'd sever every single aes sedai, then break their warders. I'd then look at them, and say "You have been measured, you have been weighed, and you have been found wanting. For the sins of your tower that you have yet to face, i judge you. and then leave. Let them see the world burn and have not the power to stop it.

I'd go up to Shayol Ghul and get the Dark One to call all this silliness off.

"NO! Bad Dark One! You're being very, very naughty! Stop this right now!"

After he apologizes for all the trouble and retreats from the world forever, I'd go and loot all the treasuries of the countries I've conquered before they realize that with the DO gone, they don't need to follow me anymore. Without anything else on my plate, I'd then sit down somewhere comfy and get serious about my drinking.

Archived