DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The clues to the final GREAT HUNT code!

Jason Denzel

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know what time this train station opens? I have family in Venice, and if we can't find anyone to grab the code I'll ask my cousin to. He owes me several huge favors...

I see a trains online leaving for Milan (from S. Lucia) as early as 5am, so... since it's currently like 8am there now (right?), you can pretty much have your cousin stop by at any time now...

(great. now we have to wait up :) )

EDIT: BTW, is the time stamp of everyone else's posts showing up completely wrong, or is it just me? (mine is reading 6:30am, when it's closer to 10:30pm in my location).

The S isn't backwards though so it's not a flipped image anyways.

As for it being in english I didn't assume it was but being European I would bet that there are recognizble letters, as opposed to Hieroglyphs or Katagana. Also when I googled Spicker and got german references.

Edit: Brandon posted another image clue:

Second cropped image

Ok, compare the second cropped image with this one which is the S. Lucia train station. Look at the windows left and right. Same shape as the one in the second cropped image. The surveillance cameras also match (on the right side on my photo, below the windows). It's definitely the S. Lucia train station.

The two pictures do not match up. The layout of the windows is different, the surveillance camera is placed between two windows not below it like in your picture(the window frames are a different color too).

I believe it is in a older part of the station. The most important part of the second clue is the blue frame/background of a shop sign, I bet it is a gift shop. I've been googling some pictures of S Lucia train station and I havin't seen a picture that is even close to the two clues. I think that both clues are the same picture(taken by that Ryan guy). In the first clue you can see the windows up top (barely)and the blue frame/backgound of the sign. In the second clue you can just the top of the blue frame/background and just the slightest bit of red outline or background (for the letters) in the lower right hand corner. my questions are, what stores in this train station have a logo with a blue border red background and white letters?

second. is there any other train stations in Venice?

thirdly, how can reason out the name of this store or establishment?

and lastly, who wants to pay for my plane ticket to Venice?

FinalClueCrop1.jpg

ps. I'd like to say hello to you all

I never really posted here before just thought i'd put my theory out there see what happens hope this helps finding it

I can't wait to find out were the code actually is hidden! I only wish i could of found it :)

Hi again...

A thought occured to me; if this is a sign in ITALY (Venice or Verona), who is to say that this word is written in English? Given our collective English language preferences, it makes sense we see something we appear to understand. So it may not be "smoker" or "sticker" or the other guesses.

But Im happy to hear its not a close up of pixels, as staring at the thing was making me rather pixellated <grins>

Sincerely, Wheel of Thyme

I thought of that already, I ran about 30 different things it could have been through the google italian to english translator. Didn't get any hits

I have no idea why, but it looked like "Spleher", so I looked for that and found this:

Spleher«o (La bataille de), envisagée au point de vue stnu^ique. Tn de l'allemand par Weil, — l'aris, fanera

As far as I could tell from translating it (From French to Eng), it says:

Spleher (the battle of), under consideration from the point of view stnuic. of German by Weil, - l' aris, will fade

Just a random thought...probably way off. (Still going to see what weird words I can come up with), and what google will find for me.

Go ahead and ignore this. :unsure: lol

I think the entire internet owes me and Jason an apology. =)

On behalf of the entire internet I'd like to apologize for thinking that you were backstabbing sneaks who totally fooled Theoryland. (Although I can't say cheating Sanderson is much better than cheating Theoryland aside from gaining more from it >.<) Good job on the well played strategy, and good luck.

Hey guys, i regularly follow the WoT italian forum and a couple of hours ago they posted an announcement to see if there's anyone from Venice. Nobody found yet but they're trying to reach an old member who's from there, now we just have to wait if he's wanting to go there. I'll tell you if anything starts moving :)

I'd look at the advertisement stands that would be set up on the floor at the station. If something was posted on one it wouldn't be in any real danger of being taken.

It's a person who has it.

Ryan Dreher, a friend of Brandon's (mentioned in the Elantris credits next to Micah Demoux) that is in Venice on vacation.]

Claireducky posted about it and said she was going to contact him.

I'd look at the advertisement stands that would be set up on the floor at the station. If something was posted on one it wouldn't be in any real danger of being taken.

It's a person who has it. Ryan.

16) Is the code in a fixed location (e.g.: not in someone's possession)?

YES

Another thought is the front of that building on the outside is missing the rounded windows, so it could be the back side. The wood grain that's visible in the second cropped picture looks a lot like the shop fronts too.

It's a person who has it. Ryan.

16) Is the code in a fixed location (e.g.: not in someone's possession)?

YES

Another thought is the front of that building on the outside is missing the rounded windows, so it could be the back side. The wood grain that's visible in the second cropped picture looks a lot like the shop fronts too.

10) When responding to these questions, will you provide us with the first name of the individual that possesses or oversees this code?

YES. His name is Ryan.

I am going to assume that Ryan doesn't physically have it, he is just overseeing it or rather he's the one who placed it and will make sure it's safe until someone nabs it.

Archived